Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Same here. Guess Blizzard underestimated their own brand name.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you've forgotten Activision's intent -- ignore Blizz's BS about how they "love it so much", it's an Activision move -- to have Destiny 2 on Blizzard's launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Least its not "Activision Launcher". TBF whatever its called doesn't really matter same thing just a logo/name.
    Why do people act like the Activision part of Activision Blizzard has any say in what the Blizzard Entertainment part of the company does? Activision is the smallest part of the company and would no longer exist if it weren't for blizzard and King (Blizzard is currently sitting on larger profits than king, which may be the the first time since activision blizzard acquired king? don't quote me on that though).

In short, there is no way the Big Dog is being bullied by the Little Dog, that's just delusional. Also, it's good for the company as a whole to get Destiny 2 out on the launcher, people who may never try Destiny if it were elsewhere may try it, and it may bring Destiny fans to Blizzard games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    "Blizzard Battle.Net"... that's just awkward.

One or the other IMO.
    Just for the brand logo, for verbal conversation it'll probably just be referred to as Battle.net. Just like how Blizzard's full Brand logo is Blizzard Entertainment but it's hardly ever referred to in full.

So can we call it BBNet now ?

Deleted
    Neat, I never liked "Blizzard app".

10+ Year Old Account
    Was such a silly, unnecessary change to begin with. Throwing the name away when it actually holds some cultural and historical significance as one of the oldest online gaming services was not the right move. Good that they realized it themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least this allows us to continue saying battlenet and people in the future will know what we are talking about.

Should have changed it to Blizzárd Bâttle.Nêt to keep with WoW naming conventions.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long until you guys add in "Of Irvine" in the app name?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Just for the brand logo, for verbal conversation it'll probably just be referred to as Battle.net. Just like how Blizzard's full Brand logo is Blizzard Entertainment but it's hardly ever referred to in full.
    I don't know why they don't just make it BNet and imply that the B is for Blizzard...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Why do people act like the Activision part of Activision Blizzard has any say in what the Blizzard Entertainment part of the company does?
    Because people who hate Blizzard or any of their games want a narrative they can blame instead of realizing they simply don't like the games or are bad at them.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Least its not "Activision Launcher". TBF whatever its called doesn't really matter same thing just a logo/name.
    Man people are really hung up on this idea of Activision pulling all the strings at Blizzard aren't they?

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Blizzard Battle.net Update

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Because people who hate Blizzard or any of their games want a narrative they can blame instead of realizing they simply don't like the games or are bad at them.
    I was in the process of writing a thoughtful, balanced reply, but realized that the ridiculousness of your statement should just stand on its own.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    "Blizzard Battle.Net"... that's just awkward.

One or the other IMO.
    I have better idea. Update armory. So many years and still same problems with long loading, crashes, "no finding players". C'mon Blizzard/ It's time to fix that or release some admins. / Sry for english.

I like it, I can still call it Battle.net, they can call it the Blizzard app.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    At this point 81 ppl cared? Including you caring enough to post how you don't care? Like..WTF..I don't even....
    But I don't care. How does posting about not caring show that I care? Your words are dumb and make no sense.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Great move Blizzard, Battle.net is too nostalgic to just drop, and of course an awesome name!

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    And people say they don't listen to their player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a step in the right direction instead of post-merger employees coasting on inherited success to project their crappy ideas then saying "I wasn't wrong, it just wasn't the right direction" and doubling down their egotistical stupidity.

Now for them to un-trash Armory. Two failed "overhauls" to Armory in a row, do we really need to wait for strike three?

"I majored/minored in graphic design and minored/majored in marketing" truly are the lowest common denominator of the entertainment world.

OT: I don't understand the people who claim "who cares" about a foundation that built the success in the first place. I'm not talking about some new fad/meme and rightfully questioning "who cares". If you don't care about the foundation just leave. There are all kinds of flakes out there, but they all come and go with the wind.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... Battle Net then?

10+ Year Old Account
    People actually cared enough to complain about the name "battle.net" going away? Why? Is that some sort of nostalgia thing or something? were the memories ruined with the name change? I too played Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 online a fair deal, and the name "battle.net" is the last and least important memory to pop to my mind when reminiscing those times.

I don't fucking understand people.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Yes. Stop projecting your own apathy. Branding is incredibly important to a lot of people.
    Indeed it is, for something new. Something as old as this, not as much.