Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    You are obviously unable to understand basic facts if you claim something like this. Whos fault is it when youre starving? In capitalism everyone has equal opportunity. Why should someone who is more successful be obligated to give you anything?
    Not everyone has equal opportunity in capitalism. Who the fuck told you that?

You are obviously unable to understand basic facts if you claim something like this. Whos fault is it when youre starving? In capitalism everyone has equal opportunity. Why should someone who is more successful be obligated to give you anything?
    Do you advocate a form of capitalism where hereditary property (indeed any form of aid from your family) is outlawed to ensure a level playing field for everyone? Should infants be placed in state-run institutions to ensure they succeed or fail based purely on their personal merits and not due to the circumstances they grow up in?

Again, whats your point? You don't seem to realize that most right wing people really don't care about feelings, we only care about facts.
    I present your performance in the other thread on the topic of the stock market as a counterexample.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You have a 160 IQ and yet you continually demonstrate an inability to respond to detailed critiques on this forum.
    No I ignore and even sometimes mock emotional responses.

In capitalism, or in the real world? Because people most definitely do not have equal opportunity in the real world. That 160 IQ at work once again.
    Equal opportunity doesn't mean equality of outcome. Also were talking about our respective countries. Most people have equal opportunity in the west.

- - - Updated - - -

I present your performance in the other thread on the topic of the stock market as a counterexample.
    Yet you are unable to present a single quote. I bet it is about me being dismissive about your emotions yes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Do you advocate a form of capitalism where hereditary property (indeed any form of aid from your family) is outlawed to ensure a level playing field for everyone? Should infants be placed in state-run institutions to ensure they succeed or fail based purely on their personal merits and not due to the circumstances they grow up in?
    No because it's none of your business. Equal opportunity means that no one is there to stand in your way. It doesnt mean that someone has to do something for you or help you.

No I ignore and even sometimes mock emotional responses.
    Emotional responses, as in posting long term stock market data that you subsequently tried to hand-wave? Yeah dude.

Equal opportunity doesn't mean equality of outcome.
    Nobody is saying equal opportunity means equal outcome.

Also were talking about our respective countries.
    Yes, we are. I'm an American too.

Most people have equal opportunity in the west.
    I love the retreat from 'we have equal opportunity' to 'most people have equal opportunity.' Yeah, our goal is to increase the number of people who have equal opportunity.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Equal opportunity doesn't mean equality of outcome. Also were talking about our respective countries. Most people have equal opportunity in the west.
    Someone born to a rich family in a rich neighborhood and someone born to a poor family in a poor neighborhood do not have equal opportunity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Someone born to a rich family in a rich neighborhood and someone born to a poor family in a poor neighborhood do not have equal opportunity.
    They do actually. Why do you think they dont? You do realize that parents arent obliged to help their children yes? If they do so, it's out of their own free will, in fact some rich parents leave their children out in the cold on purpose.

They do actually. Why do you think they dont? You do realize that parents arent obliged to help their children yes? If they do so, it's out of their own free will, in fact some rich parents leave their children out in the cold on purpose.
    The fuck is wrong with you? Please, never, ever have children.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually surprised that i have to explain this to someone claiming an IQ of 160, but you're aware that you have just proven with your example that not everyone has the same chances in the West?

Yet you are unable to present a single quote. I bet it is about me being dismissive about your emotions yes?
    With minimal effort, here we go.

You said:
    It wasn't, it was plummeting. Hell, Ive made at least 150k because of Trump on stocks, so I know what Im talking about. Next?
    You were then linked long term data showing that it was not, in fact, plummeting. And in response, you zoomed in on the last few months. When I then pointed out that this does not refute the data presented to you, you shifted the conversation away to something about admitting Trump isn't the end of the world.

So to recap: you were given data, you ignored it, and then you dodged.

Deleted
    *snip*
    Why don't you present actual facts, data, stuff like that? We all have equal opportunity in America. I mean if you feel like you don't go ahead and sue the living hell out of.. whatever. We have laws for a reason. The problem with you is obvious.. you want equality of outcome.. and that just wont do, it won't do at all.

No because it's none of your business. Equal opportunity means that no one is there to stand in your way. It doesnt mean that someone has to do something for you or help you.
    So you don't believe in a capitalist system where everyone has equal opportunities, instead you favour one where some people are born in situations that give them distinct advantages over others.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    With minimal effort, here we go.

You said:

You were then linked long term data showing that it was not, in fact, plummeting. And in response, you zoomed in on the last few months. When I then pointed out that this does not refute the data presented to you, you shifted the conversation away to something about admitting Trump isn't the end of the world.

So to recap: you were given data, you ignored it, and then you dodged.
    So wheres the data? Ive said it countless times here... if you wont give me the numbers and just quote some obscure bollocks you probably saw on CNN, Im gonna give you a subjective answer. So lets try this again, give me the numbers and Ill happily make a fool out of you.

Why don't you present actual facts, data, stuff like that? We all have equal opportunity in America. I mean if you feel like you don't go ahead and sue the living hell out of.. whatever. We have laws for a reason. The problem with you is obvious.. you want equality of outcome.. and that just wont do, it won't do at all.
    You're accusing me off emotional responses, and then you do this when I pointed out 1) false assumptions (opportunity/outcome) and holes in your argument (all -> most).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The fuck is wrong with you? Please, never, ever have children.
    Go tell that to Bill Gates maybe?

So wheres the data? Ive said it countless times here... if you wont give me the numbers and just quote some obscure bollocks you probably saw on CNN, Im gonna give you a subjective answer. So lets try this again, give me the numbers and Ill happily make a fool out of you.
    It was already linked to you. But I'll link it again here so you can equivocate some more:
    Nasdaq
    S&P 500
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2017-08-15 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Took out rude sentence.

Deleted
    You're accusing me off emotional responses, and then you do this when I pointed out 1) false assumptions (opportunity/outcome) and holes in your argument (all -> most).
    Again facts please, which holes? Which false assumptions? don't just claim things name them.. with proof preferably. I admit Im wrong sometimes and sometimes I just want to learn which is why I made this thread (I don't really get what the left is about). But then again can you blame me? You guys always get hostile and emotional when we dare to ask questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again facts please, which holes? Which false assumptions? don't just claim things name them.. with proof preferably. I admit Im wrong sometimes and sometimes I just want to learn which is why I made this thread (I don't really get what the left is about). But then again can you blame me? You guys always get hostile and emotional when we dare to ask questions.
    Primarily because, in the case of your ilk, "asking questions" is a segue to trolling and mockery. Your opinions regarding the left wing have been concluded and you are not fooling anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    It was already linked to you. But I'll link it again here so you can equivocate some more:
    Nasdaq
    S&P 500
    Ok so you basically confirm it had a massive jump this year when Trump got into office... good to know..