Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your American school system is what has failed the left.

Lowly-educated populace who don't have the ability to critical think and question any bullocks spurted out by any TV celebrity is the reason why people like Donald Trump can be elected President.

The guy said that he could walk down the middle of Times Sqaure, shoot someone dead and no-one would have a problem with it. How that statement didn't cost him the election... still baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh yeah, the evidence of a surge in the fringe left is all around us. Kek.
    You're right, Berkeley, evergreen college, Google, and the dozens of colleges requesting segregated spaces away from white people. Just a few bad apples, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Fire bombing black churches? Oppressing gays? Christmas starbucks cups?

I'm with you, I don't know what these traditional American values are supposed to be.
    Why do people want the 50s back? Y'all still have racism and milkshakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    What traditional American values would that be?
    Family, male leadership, God fearing, no handouts, small government, assimilation, free market capitalism. Among others.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Why do people want the 50s back? Y'all still have racism and milkshakes.
    Well, until this weekend the racists at least had the decency to not march through the streets, but seems we're back to that already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    male leadership
    Christ and Allah, is this for real?

I mean, it's not untrue but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Family, male leadership, God fearing, no handouts, small government, assimilation, free market capitalism. Among others.
    Male leadership? Don't you mean mare leadership?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which is why scholarships and programs of that sort exist.
    Okay, but then those scholarships should be open to anyone in a poor economic position. There are plenty of innocent white boys born into shitty/poor families that are just as badly off, but there is no race/gender specific support for them because they aren't a "minority". As a %, blacks are poorer, but in pure numbers, there are just as many poor white kids. They live shitty lives while being told about how great their white male privilege is.

Either you have all scholarships open to everyone or gender/race specific scholarships for every gender/race. Anything else is discrimination in 2017.

not Pony leadership? shame.

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    You're right, Berkeley, evergreen college, Google, and the dozens of colleges requesting segregated spaces away from white people. Just a few bad apples, am I right?
    Because it's so bad to want to be safe from people who want to hurt you or attack you right?

Obviously not all white people do, but unfortunately, we have the same issue there as we do with the right's whole "immigrants are bad" and "black people are criminals" rhetoric, that a handful of assholes is extrapolated across the whole race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    Okay, but then those scholarships should be open to anyone in a poor economic position. There are plenty of innocent white boys born into shitty/poor families that are just as badly off, but there is no race/gender specific support for them because they aren't a "minority". As a %, blacks are poorer, but in pure numbers, there are more poor white kids. They live shitty lives while being told about how great their white male privilege is.

Either you have all scholarships open to everyone or gender/race specific scholarships for every gender/race. Anything else is discrimination.
    Poor white trash have FAFSA and other scholarships to help them out.

And hey, I'd be in favor of free college tuition but you guys voted against that remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

1. Families still exist.
    2. Sexist.
    3. Religious freedom is an American value.
    4. Best not be using those public roads anymore then. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and build your own damn roads.
    5. As if Republicans are in favor of small government, they want to police fucking bathrooms.
    6. Multiculturalism is supposed to be an American value.
    7. We still have a free market

Well, until this weekend the racists at least had the decency to not march through the streets, but seems we're back to that already.
    what are you talking about?

It wasn't just this weekend. We've had racists marching through the streets openly for awhile... oh wait you mean the pro-white racists

Which period in American history do you think those values hearken back to?

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post

It wasn't just this weekend. We've had racists marching through the streets openly for awhile... oh wait you mean the pro-white racists
    Which others would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post

So your assertion is that any pro (blank) group is intrinsically racist?

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    So your assertion is that any pro (blank) group is intrinsically racist?
    To a lot of right wingers black people not wanting black people to get shot by police is indeed racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The left/right spectrum is a perfectly fine system of political classification, point in fact.

The issue is that America's political system tends to encourage a fairly rigid bipartisanism. Which is not a fault in either of the major parties.
    No its not, its an us vs them kind of political system. I hate people defining themselves as left or right, think for yourself.

Also, The last time a non re-election republican actually won the popular vote was Bush Sr. If anything, it's the american political system that is failing the left, not the left failing.

Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    Okay, but then those scholarships should be open to anyone in a poor economic position. There are plenty of innocent white boys born into shitty/poor families that are just as badly off, but there is no race/gender specific support for them because they aren't a "minority". As a %, blacks are poorer, but in pure numbers, there are more poor white kids. They live shitty lives while being told about how great their white male privilege is.

Either you have all scholarships open to everyone or gender/race specific scholarships for every gender/race. Anything else is discrimination.
    Lol what? Seriously?

The entire point of scholarships for those groups is BECAUSE scholarships that are available to everyone go disproportionately to white people. In America, approximately 62% of college students are white; however, they receive almost 70% of available scholarships. And that is INCLUDING race-based scholarships that currently exist.

Less than 5% of scholarships are based on race.

How the fuck is it discrimination to cancel out discrimination? That's fucking stupid. If two people do the same job, at the same skill level, but one makes $12/hr and the other makes $14/hr, is it suddenly discrimination to give the first one a pay raise but not the second? No, it's called making it fair.

And don't give me that "there are more poor white kids", I was a fucking poor white kid. Difference is, I'm not a Republican, so I didn't sit on my ass and cry about it, I leveraged my privilege to get me into a better position. And now I leverage it to help people who are disadvantaged get into a better position. Because I can go out and get interviews just based on the color of my skin, I can get promoted easily because of the same thing, I can get raises and not have to deal with people attacking me because of it, etc, etc. So unlike you, I've decided not to be a little bitch about something that I can change on my own and I've actually done something about it; and I'm reaching out to stand with others who don't get that chance. The point is, there are black kids and hispanic kids and native american kids who are just as smart, just as capable, if not better, than white ones, but they're passed over in favor of white kids who, while I wouldn't say less deserving per se, are still not good enough to beat out others.

1. Families still exist.
    2. Sexist.
    3. Religious freedom is an American value.
    4. Best not be using those public roads anymore then. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and build your own damn roads.
    5. As if Republicans are in favor of small government, they want to police fucking bathrooms.
    6. Multiculturalism is supposed to be an American value.
    7. We still have a free market
    -The value of the traditional male/female parental structure has been (attempted) to be marginalized and diminished.

-Biblical

-Yes. US currency says "One Nation Under God", the implicit meaning of this is quite clear

-Roads aren't a handout, not sure where you got that idea. They are paid for on the backs of working people through taxation. Thats quite different from welfare handouts that are (often but not always) given to people in leiu of them supporting themselves when they are perfectly able of doing so. I work around many people like this each day.

-Not really a debate on this, the left has always wanted to raise taxes to fund government programs, the right believe free market capitalism will sort most issues out

-No its not. Multiple cultures living together is historically the main catalyst of war. A common set of values and customs needs to exist for a society to have harmony long term

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*