Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    To a lot of right wingers black people not wanting black people to get shot by police is indeed racist.
    If a black person commits a violent crime and the police is at the scene, able to stop him, it's racist not to shoot him (but shoot a white man that does the same).

Shoot em both equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Poor white trash have FAFSA and other scholarships to help them out.

And hey, I'd be in favor of free college tuition but you guys voted against that remember.
    FAFSA is for everyone. Therefore the poor black kids have more scholarship opportunities over the poor white kids. This is not equal opportunity. They are kids. They had nothing to do with racism 50 years ago. Its 2017. They go to the same schools, work for the same grades, apply for the same colleges.

I like how you call them white trash. Very tolerant of you. Do you also call black kids ghetto trash?

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    If a black person commits a violent crime and the police is at the scene, able to stop him, it's racist not to shoot him (but shoot a white man that does the same).

Shoot em both equally.
    Yet the police keeps shooting non violent offenders, or people who aren't offenders at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    -The value of the traditional male/female parental structure has been (attempted) to be marginalized and diminished.

-Biblical

-Yes. US currency says "One Nation Under God", the implicit meaning of this is quite clear

-Roads aren't a handout, not sure where you got that idea. They are paid for on the backs of working people through taxation. Thats quite different from welfare handouts that are (often but not always) given to people in leiu of them supporting themselves when they are perfectly able of doing so. I work around many people like this each day.

-Not really a debate on this, the left has always wanted to raise taxes to fund government programs, the right believe free market capitalism will sort most issues out

-No its not. Multiple cultures living together is historically the main catalyst of war. A common set of values and customs needs to exist for a society to have harmony long term
    I see. So you want to live in a theocratic nation.

Well, thank fuck you don't get your wish. You could always go move to Saudi Arabia if that's the kind of government you want though.

- - - Updated - - -

Shoot em both equally.
    Don't shoot either. The US has a massive problem with police using excessive force.

I'm miffed my awesome pun is being ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    So your assertion is that any pro (blank) group is intrinsically racist?
    No, I was saying that, if you're paying attention to the news and are only now saying racists are out marching after seeing charlottesville... you're not paying attention or are showing your own bias.

-The value of the traditional male/female parental structure has been (attempted) to be marginalized and diminished.

-Biblical

-Yes. US currency says "One Nation Under God", the implicit meaning of this is quite clear

-Roads aren't a handout, not sure where you got that idea. They are paid for on the backs of working people through taxation. Thats quite different from welfare handouts that are (often but not always) given to people in leiu of them supporting themselves when they are perfectly able of doing so. I work around many people like this each day.

-Not really a debate on this, the left has always wanted to raise taxes to fund government programs, the right believe free market capitalism will sort most issues out

-No its not. Multiple cultures living together is historically the main catalyst of war. A common set of values and customs needs to exist for a society to have harmony long term
    To add to this, it's pretty safe to say John Locke is the major influence in the original "American Values", those that the Founding Fathers had.

John Locke made it pretty clear that the social contract he was describing was between moral men, which can be more specifically be said - people under a christian faith and it's morality (of charity, of work, of piety, among others).

Not just about anyone, with any values.

but all those different Ponies living together seem to get it right? also from what I can tell in Starland they're a very successfully Matriarchy with a queen and everything, such a bad example you set.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

Don't shoot either. The US has a massive problem with police using excessive force.
    Lend me some of that problem. My country has police being killed on the street.

To add to this, it's pretty safe to say John Locke is the major influence in the original "American Values", those that the Founding Fathers had.

John Locke made it pretty clear that the social contract he was describing was between moral men, which can be more specifically be said - people under a christian faith and it's morality (of charity, of work, of piety, among others).

Not just about anyone, with any values.
    those values include owning people? yeah wooo lets go back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    those values include owning people? yeah wooo lets go back to that.
    Where did any one even mentioned one person owning another?

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    Lol what? Seriously?

And don't give me that "there are more poor white kids", I was a fucking poor white kid. Difference is, I'm not a Republican, so I didn't sit on my ass and cry about it
    You're mixing up the parties.

Democrats sit on their ass, blame everyone but themselves, and cry until their big government swoops in to save them.
    Republicans go out and try to make something of themselves using the skills they have, as it should be in a capitalistic society.

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    The entire point of scholarships for those groups is BECAUSE scholarships that are available to everyone go disproportionately to white people. In America, approximately 62% of college students are white; however, they receive almost 70% of available scholarships. And that is INCLUDING race-based scholarships that currently exist.
    Even if those numbers are true, the problem with what you are saying here is that you assume any difference just MUST be due to racism. Being successful in a poor black community is literally used as an insult. They have a serious culture problem.
    Last edited by scmpoe; 2017-08-15 at 04:23 AM.

-Biblical

-THe value of the traditional male/female structure is fictional and completely made up by society

-The Bible is a fictional book from 2k years ago, why are you bringing it up?

-US currency only gained that phrase in 1954, as part of a Catholic lobbying campaign, partly because of the Cold War. And multiple courts have ruled it unconstitutional.

-Welfare makes up almost no taxes, buddy. Unless you're going to count unemployment as welfare, which wouldn't make any sense as you have to have been working to get unemployment. There is no welfare that makes you able to live off of it.

-What do economic values have to do with social ones? You're countering one argument with something completely unrelated.

-Lol, multiple cultures living together is not the catalyst. People like you who preach about judging others who are different from you are the catalyst.

And it's real funny that you talk about the Bible when you're a pony-f***er. Pretty damn sure the Bible doesn't support beastiality.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I see. So you want to live in a theocratic nation.

Well, thank fuck you don't get your wish. You could always go move to Saudi Arabia if that's the kind of government you want though.
    I actually do live in one, and so do you as much as you hate to admit it.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Where did any one even mentioned one person owning another?
    you said values of the founding fathers. oh you mean not all of them? kinda like how we live in a modern society where values change from over 200 years ago maybe?

Deleted
    AFAIK there is no such thing as "the American left" in politics. You can choose between very right wing and even more right wing.

ok dropping the jokes cuz this one takes the cake, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    It could have been summed up as "people care far less about social issues when they're concerned about food on their plate."

If someone at the DNC took a look at Maslow's heirarchy of needs, they could have seen it coming.
    The democrats wanted to raise the minimum wage, increase reduction programs for adults in rural areas, and invest in green energy they never forgot about workers.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Yet the police keeps shooting non violent offenders, or people who aren't offenders at all.
    But black people keep shooting black people. Over 5,000 black on black murders in Chicago since 2003. Thats more deaths than the wars in the middle east. I think black people have bigger issues to worry about than the extremely low amount of non violent offenders being shot.

Well, you can keep getting angry as more people get freedom from your oppressive views.