10+ Year Old Account
    4-1 today and up to 2350, skipping the weekend was a good idea even if it was mostly health-imposed. The loss was because leavers, as was one of the wins. Had a couple of early cancels because leavers too, so not worth taking any more chances. Have people been having issues tonight? Don't usually see this many leavers in a full week, never mind one night.

Within 6 wins of a 50% win rating again, that might get me Plat if it actually happens if the matches go well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome. After weeks of bullshit, I finally managed to hit 2404, with the
    hopes of getting out of the ELO Hell I was in, and get the rank I should've
    gotten already.

And then the game says "FUCK YOU", and throws me in 6 losing games,
    one after the other.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-08-15 at 12:10 AM.

Doomfist is pretty nuts, having a lot of fun with him.

First hero they've released that's actually (probably too) good on arrival, excluding Ana and no one knowing she was busted for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Doomfist is pretty nuts, having a lot of fun with him.

First hero they've released that's actually (probably too) good on arrival, excluding Ana and no one knowing she was busted for awhile.
    I tend to find most people have had their measure of DF and you generally let him come in and one shot someone then clean him out and it is a wash so long as he doesn't kill your only healer, of which comp games usually have 2. And if he misses his punch, well he is just going to die without the wash kill. When he ults you prepare by spreading out and waiting for him to land where you clean him out, especially if you have a way to avoid his damage like mercys flight to somewhere else.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

It's a shame to see the same problems impacting my enjoyment of the game after returning from a break. A lot of frustration would be solved if a limit was put on the number of snipers in a team. Excluding Ana, of course.

I can't help but feel as though the game would be a lot better if it didn't have so many games ruined by people persistently picking both Hanzo and Widowmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's a shame to see the same problems impacting my enjoyment of the game after returning from a break. A lot of frustration would be solved if a limit was put on the number of snipers in a team. Excluding Ana, of course.

I can't help but feel as though the game would be a lot better if it didn't have so many games ruined by people persistently picking both Hanzo and Widowmaker.
    Wait.... you hit the random group button and you didn't get the best of the best players? It's almost like that button gives you random players with random skill and random behavior.... How... random...
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Wait.... you hit the random group button and you didn't get the best of the best players? It's almost like that button gives you random players with random skill and random behavior.... How... random...
    So you've said multiple times throughout this thread. I respectfully disagree with your stance. Just like a one hero limit was enforced to make the game more enjoyable and balanced I feel like it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to enforce a limit on the number of snipers present in a regular game. Arcade and the game browser exists for people who really, really want to run with two snipers even if it's not the wisest decisions to do so.

I tend to find most people have had their measure of DF and you generally let him come in and one shot someone then clean him out and it is a wash so long as he doesn't kill your only healer, of which comp games usually have 2. And if he misses his punch, well he is just going to die without the wash kill. When he ults you prepare by spreading out and waiting for him to land where you clean him out, especially if you have a way to avoid his damage like mercys flight to somewhere else.
    He's pretty exceptional on certain koth maps where at some you're going to have to fight, he does super well in scrappy brawly fights where it's harder to keep your eye on him.

Watching the Koreans pick him a bunch at Apex made me wanna try him out it worked out, granted I do believe they'll eventually fix/tone down his punch because the hitbox right now is absolutely ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Awesome. After weeks of bullshit, I finally managed to hit 2404, with the
    hopes of getting out of the ELO Hell I was in, and get the rank I should've
    gotten already.

And then the game says "FUCK YOU", and throws me in 6 losing games,
    one after the other.
    Stop after 2. Or after one if you've had 4-5 wins already.

- - - Updated - - -

It's less about limits on roles, and more about the effectiveness of the heroes. Hanzo's actually in an alright spot now, Widow should be better up to speed after the next patch. After that, it's about the rest of the composition. I've been thoroughly rolled, in comp, by a triple sniper side, because the rest of their team worked around them and my team, well I was the only one who actually switched to counter.

Don't automatically assume failure in the spawn room.

End up with 5-man premade consisting of people speaking mandarin, they refused to speak english. We lost. Queue again and I end up with them again and we lost again. Why the hell do people insist on speaking a language that others do not understand?

So you've said multiple times throughout this thread. I respectfully disagree with your stance. Just like a one hero limit was enforced to make the game more enjoyable and balanced I feel like it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to enforce a limit on the number of snipers present in a regular game. Arcade and the game browser exists for people who really, really want to run with two snipers even if it's not the wisest decisions to do so.
    Hanzo isn't a sniper, he has no scope so he kinda blows at long range. The best hands play him at medium or shorter range as his accuracy goes up the closer he is and already throws trees at people. not Hanzo fault people tend to play him wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    End up with 5-man premade consisting of people speaking mandarin, they refused to speak english. We lost. Queue again and I end up with them again and we lost again. Why the hell do people insist on speaking a language that others do not understand?
    I know right? Like Why the hell do people persist to not learn other peoples languages and then demand that others learn theirs?

I know right? Like Why the hell do people persist to not learn other peoples languages and then demand that others learn theirs?
    I'm in Singapore dude, english is the common language here. It's very likely that they can speak english but just refuse to do so. I'm already speaking a second language(English) while many here have english as their first language.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-08-15 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Stop after 2. Or after one if you've had 4-5 wins already.
    I WISH I would get 4-5 wins and then stop after a loss. With my luck, that
    scenario almost never happens.

And from yesterday, now at 2108. Dropped 300 points yet again. Good lord
    this "luck" of mine with the people I get paired with.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-08-15 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I WISH I would get 4-5 wins and then stop after a loss. With my luck, that
    scenario almost never happens.

And from yesterday, now at 2108. Dropped 300 points yet again. Good lord
    this "luck" of mine with the people I get paired with.
    I dropped 500 points over the last week. Once I dropped to 2000 it seems like the matchmaking said "okay, I'm done trolling you, here's some good players again." Since then, my win:loss ratio went back to 50/50 for about a day and then I started climbing again. Now at about 70/30, yet overall for the season I'm about 48/52 total. I seriously think there is a hidden equation that after you win so many compared to losses the MMR starts stacking things against you in some lame attempt to equal things out and really make you start working for those wins.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-08-15 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back to losses tonight. They have got to do something about low levels smurfs. It ruins the MMR, it ruins matches, and it just straight up ruins the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Back to losses tonight. They have got to do something about low levels smurfs. It ruins the MMR, it ruins matches, and it just straight up ruins the game.
    Smurfs are pretty difficult to fix though, people just need to be vigilant in reporting them if they throw games to get to lower MMR brackets.

I'm enjoying all the Doomfist players as Widow, they upper cut and just hang in the air for a second like sitting ducks.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

People suck at Lucioball more now than they did a year ago. So many that play over aggressively, shooting the ball just because it's in front of them, no matter if they are aimed at a wall or our own goal at the time. See ball. Have gun. Must shoot.

Dumbass1: What do you mean I'm supposed to be goalie?
    Me: It put your in the yellow box, that means you're goalie.
    Dumbass1: No it doesn't!!

Dumbass2: You guys are supposed to cover the goal when my ult is up!
    Me: I moved to the goal when you announced your ult, you stayed there just looking at me, so I went back to trying to score. Then about 30 seconds after I was gone you used your ult and left too.

Ball comes straight to me mid field, so I aim at the opposing goal and fire.
    Dumbass3: DON'T GOALIE FOR ME!!!!!!
    /me looks at our goal half a field away...
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Mei is pretty much the ultimate area denial in Mayhem mode. Any halfway competent Mei can hold an area nearly indefinitely unless focused. Gotta get my weekly lootboxes somehow, though.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I'm in Singapore dude, english is the common language here. It's very likely that they can speak english but just refuse to do so. I'm already speaking a second language(English) while many here have english as their first language.
    Does it really matter? Obviously they are allowed to play overwatch in your area without having to take a language test. You push the random button and you roll the dice. Sometimes you roll the dice and come up craps. You can get angry about how others don't learn the language you can understand and just spin angrily or you can get on with playing.