Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good to see everyone also agrees Eric Clanton, the Antifa "ethics" professor who assaulted people with a bike lock, deserved to lose his job in addition to being charged.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    And by doing so you will take their livelyhood away, radicalizing them even more. Good job "progressive" left!

ps: Even worst economical, they will end up on welfare, paid by the govt. aka by you all via taxes. So while a neo-nazi was earning his pay yesteday, tomorrow he will be paid from your taxes!
    Yesterday he was bitching about seeing his tax money be "wasted" on Welfare....Tomorrow he signs up for it.

Actions have consequences. These people were stupid enough to go to a hate rally in a time and place where every single person has a camera phone and not a single one of them thought it might be a good idea to cover their faces. They weren't fired because they are racists...they were fired because they are morons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Good to see everyone also agrees Eric Clanton, the Antifa "ethics" professor who assaulted people with a bike lock, deserved to lose his job in addition to being charged.
    You mean the former professor of ethics at DVC? That Eric Clanton?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Freedom of speech protects against the government. Does not protect against social consequences. People are free to be racist, but that doesn't mean everyone else is forced to put up with it.
    This, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You mean the former professor of ethics at DVC? That Eric Clanton?
    That's what I am referencing. I assume everyone for people being fired for attending a rally would also unanimously agree he deserved to lose his job over doing something much worse; assaulting people with a bike lock.

Deleted
    That's what I am referencing. I assume everyone for people being fired for attending a rally would also unanimously agree he deserved to lose his job over doing something much worse; assaulting people with a bike lock.
    Yup ofcourse he should.

Uh yeah I'm pretty sure we all do. Can you find an instance of anyone on here defending his actions?

Ah, I thought you were saying that he had not been fired. Yes, he deserved to be fired. I haven't seen anyone state anything to the contrary.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Find me an instance of someone being accused, losing their job and it turns out they didn't attend the rally. Until then it is nothing like McCarthyism.
    It's in the NYT. Didn't lose his job but people are harassing him and he's innocent. How are you going to say that hunting down people with a certain political affiliation to ruin their lives is nothing like McCarthyism? My point is that it is extremely easy to point a finger and get a mob to hunt down and destroy the scapegoat. Not just with commies, but with gay people, witches, heretics, etc. It just has to become the norm and encouraged by the government or money. Do you think people are a lot smarter now than 100, 500, 1000 years ago? Less violent maybe, but that could change with a worse economy.

Uh yeah, he did deserve to get fired and I hope he never teaches again.

Were you expecting something different?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

There are a few usual suspects like Kurata, Elba, and Didactic who have voiced opinions implying they would be fine with violence towards folks on the rightish side of the spectrum.

I'm all for bringing the figurative hammer down on Nazis, as long as we don't give a free pass to folks that are on our side of the spectrum. And that goes both ways, of course.

7+ Year Old Account
    Peter Cvjetanovic sounds surprisingly civil and i actually understand some of his points.... Its really odd when you can't completly go against a nationalist, but that happends when people actually argument for their case instead of just burning, punching and pulling things down.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by socanyou View Post
    It's in the NYT. Didn't lose his job but people are harassing him and he's innocent. How are you going to say that hunting down people with a certain political affiliation to ruin their lives is nothing like McCarthyism? My point is that it is extremely easy to point a finger and get a mob to hunt down and destroy the scapegoat. Not just with commies, but with gay people, witches, heretics, etc. It just has to become the norm and encouraged by the government or money. Do you think people are a lot smarter now than 100, 500, 1000 years ago? Less violent maybe, but that could change with a worse economy.
    This isn't a both siderism thing. Nazis don't have a moral equivalent and they aren't just simply holding a different political opinion. No one running that Twitter account is calling for violence against those people. Nor is there anyone holding office participating or encouraging the act. I'm not going to lose any sleep over those taking information gathered from someone who attended a public rally, spoke to the media, etc. and then going to those they know and saying "is this the kind of person you want to associate with."
    Last edited by Matchles; 2017-08-15 at 06:19 AM.

There are a few usual suspects like Kurata, Elba, and Didactic who have voiced opinions implying they would be fine with violence towards folks on the rightish side of the spectrum.

I'm all for bringing the figurative hammer down on Nazis, as long as we don't give a free pass to folks that are on our side of the spectrum. And that goes both ways, of course.
    Not so much the "rightish side of the spectrum"...but specifically Nazis. I don't agree with their viewpoint on this matter...but I think we should be accurate as to who they think deserve to have violence directed at them. Nazis have a way of bringing out the worst in people.

Nazis don't have a moral equivalent
    Hardline Communists (particularly Maoists and Stalinists) and Islamists both come to mind.

This isn't a both siderism thing. Nazis don't have a moral equivalent. No one running that Twitter account is calling for violence against those people. Nor is there anyone holding office participating or encouraging the act. I'm not going to lose any sleep over those taking information gathered from someone who attended a public rally, spoke to the media, etc. and then going to those they know and saying "is this the kind of person you want to associate with."
    siderism
    lol. listen, violence isn't required to ruin someone's life via scapegoating, and what you see in "nazis" is what people saw in those flamboyant gays and commies. Assuming you're willing to go to an employer and pressure their association with a guy you saw wear a MAGA hat once, the effect you're looking for culminates in violence countless times in history. Everybody thinks they are on the good side. The problem is how you approach evil. Is it just a scapegoat you want to sacrifice, or are you trying to make society (including them) better?

Hardline Communists (particularly Maoists and Stalinists) and Islamists both come to mind.
    Well, according to the US far right anyone slightly left of far right is literally Stalin, so that's like the majority of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Well, according to the US far right anyone slightly left of far right is literally Stalin, so that's like the majority of the country.
    That's nice, but has nothing to do with my post. As I am neither far right, nor an American.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cases like these merely create more angry, bitter people with too much time on their hands....
    "Alas, how terrible is wisdom when it brings no fortune to the wise"

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Freedom of speech allowed neo Nazi shitbags to have this protest in the first place
    It has nothing to do with the freedom of speech. The alt-right movement is legal, so it should enjoy the same protection as the other political beliefs.

Ever heard of the freedom of thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Ever heard of the freedom of thought?
    No, but I have heard of thoughtcrime.