Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    More people are playing Overwatch than WoW.

If you can't comprehend with a little bit of logic it's not my fault.

Overwatch grossed over $1 billion within a year (https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/04/w...ing-franchise/). You think WoW made $1 billion since the Legion launch? Come on. Sure WoW easily surpasses Overwatch when we compare the entire WoW franchise to Overwatch (12 years vs. 1 year) but Overwatch easily outperforms WoW when it comes to $$$ at the moment.
    it might be true, and it mostly likely is - BUT ITS NOT A FACT

You said: "Overwatch has three times the playerbase of WoW"

I ask you now. Where are you getting this info?

Can you provide an actual answer? Fair enough. If not? Then stop speaking nonsense.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post

Can you provide an actual answer? Fair enough. If not? Then stop speaking nonsense.....
    Blizzard is not reporting player numbers but they're at least reporting sales figures. Overwatch has +30 millions. We don't know for Legion but based on WoWs past Legion sales are nowhere above 10 million (the sales figures for TBC, WotLK and Cataclysm).

I really don't care if you agree with me or not. You said Overwatch is no flagship and then some bs like
    Overwatch is up right now, its gonna be that way for a while, then tis gonna die down again. Its a mayfly
    when Overwatch is Blizzard's most successful franchise at the moment and Blizzard's fastest growing franchise at all. Just reading the Venturebeat article proves you wrong.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Blizzard is not reporting player numbers but they're at least reporting sales figures. Overwatch has +30 millions. We don't know for Legion but based on WoWs past Legion sales are nowhere above 10 million (the sales figures for TBC, WotLK and Cataclysm).

I really don't care if you agree with me or not. You said Overwatch is no flagship and then some bs like when Overwatch is Blizzard's most successful franchise at the moment and Blizzard's fastest growing franchise at all. Just reading the Venturebeat article proves you wrong.
    Overwatch has 30 million overall. Wow has much more then that

Your logic is in a fucking bowl of piss. Please come down to earth then type on this forum again when you actually know how it works.

Who needs money when you have hearthstone printing billions xd

I do wonder how much money wow makes in micro transactions compared to other games (on top of the subscription factor of wow making it a lot of money).

Your logic is in a fucking bowl of piss. Please come down to earth then type on this forum again when you actually know how it works.
    The article says a significant portion of that 30 million still play on a monthly basis. Even if just a third are playing that's still well above wow's monthly player base.

7+ Year Old Account
    The happy place inside your soul, oh wait..

yes i can in fact provide an actual answer to our conundrum, stop talking about overwatch, since this is about the next expansion and not overwatch, we now know that both WoW and overwatch are known names in the gaming community, this is very important for it's longevity. Overwatch is just as important as WoW.

And with that i would suggest someone posting another ''leak''.

Keep being ignorant. I'm not going to discuss with you anymore on this topic. Just read the Venturebeat article.

One of the many rumors I've seen is a Northrend revamp.

I want AN as an entire zone if they do that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    The article says a significant portion of that 30 million still play on a monthly basis. Even if just a third are playing that's still well above wow's monthly player base.
    You mean "but there’s a chance the game has a particularly high number of active users right now "?

- - - Updated - - -

Keep being ignorant. I'm not going to discuss with you anymore on this topic. Just read the Venturebeat article.
    You are literraly the most ignorant person on this whole forum lol. People like you are the very reason blizzard stopped posting wow's subscribers. Namely because you interpret them wrong, and come to conclusions that has no basis in logic.

Like: "Overwatch has sold 30 million copies from its release to now. Legion has sold 10 million copies. Overwatch has 3 times the active playerbase of wow".

If you have any idea how argumentation works you would know thats actually a laguhably moronic statement

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I bought Overwatch.

I stopped playing Overwatch a month after release. Game isn't deep enough to warrant repeated playing - like Dota2.

Sales aren't a good indicator.
    And that's different for WoW then? 30 million sales within 1 year are massive even when 99% of them don't play anymore (which is false as we can see in the Venturebeat article).

I know that sales are not the best indicator but they're the only one we have. But to think a new franchis that's been live for 1 year and already made $1 billion is no flagship is just laughable.

Deleted
    And that's different for WoW then? 30 million sales within 1 year are massive even when 99% of them don't play anymore (which is false as we can see in the Venturebeat article).

I know that sales are not the best indicator but they're the only one we have. But to think a new franchis that's been live for 1 year and already made $1 billion is no flagship is just laughable.
    Where exactly can you see that?
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2017-08-15 at 08:13 AM.

Deleted
    Y seems like everyone is expecting a south seas theme but many things point to northrend : Odyn is there, LK acting weird, Sylvanas in pursuit of Valkyrs, Dragons+Wrathion there, even Ilgynoth refers to Yoggi and presumably the watchers?.
    W/e waiting to see new reddit leaks.

7+ Year Old Account
    The happy place inside your soul, oh wait..
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Y seems like everyone is expecting a south seas theme but many things point to northrend : Odyn is there, LK acting weird, Sylvanas in pursuit of Valkyrs, Dragons+Wrathion there, even Ilgynoth refers to Yoggi and presumably the watchers?.
    Cata -> Vanilla
    MoP
    WoD -> Outland ( kinda )
    Legion
    EXP 7 -> Northrend

We really need some kind of announcement now. The stuff people are bitching about in this thread gets more absurd by the day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    We really need some kind of announcement now. The stuff people are bitching about in this thread gets more absurd by the day.
    Its not even about the expansion anymore. Now its about how Overwatch is a superior game

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Could the watchers be the five torches? In Ulduar, they were lights in the darkness and Keepers of Ulduar + Odyn are the five torches to light the path.

Probably posted before, but just thought of it.
    That's an arbitrary number though, as there are more than 5 watchers overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Could the watchers be the five torches? In Ulduar, they were lights in the darkness and Keepers of Ulduar + Odyn are the five torches to light the path.

Probably posted before, but just thought of it.
    Yeah I'm not sure who talked about it before (maybe @Hitei?). Mimiron, Thorim, Hodir, Freya and Odyn are the five keepers/watchers (=five torches) that light the path - we talked about that they are doing something with the pillars of creation in Ulduar and unleash something evil.

Deleted
    Yeah I'm not sure who talked about it before (maybe @Hitei?). Mimiron, Thorim, Hodir, Freya and Odyn are the five keepers (=five torches) that light the path - we talked about that they are doing something with the pillars of creation in Ulduar and unleash something evil.
    Can i take this as a sign that you realized you where wrong btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    LK is acting exactly how the LK should be expected to act, Sylvanas has been dealing with Valkyr continuously since Icecrown, Dragons were always there Wrathion is there (if we're being honest, because he's one of two Black Dragons on Azeroth not corrupted and dead, and Ebonhorn has a life and job in Highmountain) just to fulfil his role as part of Wyrmrest, particularly important since another aspect just died. Of course Il'gynoth refers to Yogg, he's a jabbering spawn of the Nightmare which Yogg-Saron first started.

I don't disagree with the potential for Blizzard to make a Wrath2:WhydopeoplelikethisexpansiondidtheynotevenplayduringTotGCthetiersetsweresolazytheyw entbyarmortypeinsteadofclassandthewholeraidisintworooms-Boogaloo. Or even that it might be the next expansion.

But it feels like the reasons/hints that people bring up when they argue it's a thing are just silly. Like "There were undead attacking the Red Dragon shrine!" as if it was unusual that the threat against the LIFEbinder's shrine was something dead.

Can i take this as a sign that you realized you where wrong btw?
    Way to be mature, buddy.