Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    -snip -
    Nah, keep going! Reading you is like reading myself but without the rant and the deadly amount of salt when i think about D3 and other ARPGS!
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    i do not think D3 can be qualified as a failure in the sales department.
    Not at all. D3 sold well, RoS did just as well and I'm sure RotN will give a good showing.

I just don't think they sold ENOUGH to make blizz think it's worth further investment.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I just don't think they sold ENOUGH to make blizz think it's worth further investment.
    Basically this. Until they're going to churn out some real new content to do and not some random Adventure mode zones i'm going to see every once in a while a lot of people isn't going to return.

Again, D2 made it very far with even less content but a) loot hunt was way longer and b) it was the past. PoE manages to do well because they're adding new endgame, new mechanics and now 6 more acts to the story. Different business model requires it (f2p + microtx = you need new stuff to make people spend more) but the result is that the game feels alive. D3 on the other end seems just stretched so it can become a bridge to the new Diablo game.

I'm honestly really curious about it now.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

diablo the card game.
    heh, every gaming company do it now since heartstone;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    diablo the card game.
    heh, every gaming company do it now since heartstone;p
    Why'd blizzard go into competition with themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Why'd blizzard go into competition with themselves?
    because they love easy money from us

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't think Diablo 4 is a reality and honestly, we don't need the game to be completely redesigned. It's in a good state right now with plenty of room for growth.

I'm hoping we'll get an expansion announcement.

We'll probably see Diablo 2 remastered.

do away with paragon, give rewards for what was reached which will be cosmetic and unobtainable in the future..

make some kind of end game other than GR spamming for exp towards paragon - no idea what this could be

increase max level to reset the game

Make it a 3rd person game!

Personal wishlist

D2 remaster
    D2 remaster modern expansion
    Horadrim: a Diablo-themed ARPG ala Dark Souls, prequel to Diablo series focusing on Horadrim

I don't need a D4 in my life so soon. D3 kinda messes up the timeline anyways to the point where there's nothing really interesting to fight and shit's getting way too epic. I don't care about fighting angels turned bad or primest-of-prime evils or even other nephalem. Just keep the story human, I don't know what it is with Blizzard and having ancient prophecies in all of their games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I don't think we will see D4 anytime soon - or better, they're not going to make the game a traditional hack-and-slash ARPG likek the previous trilogy. Also, while DS is a good idea, Blizzard doesn't make difficult games anymore, so i'm more on a Skyrim-like game.

Hopefully not with the same shallow combat and character building.

7+ Year Old Account

Question Official Diablo Followup Speculation Thread

So now that Gamescom 2017 has passed, the earliest bets we can put forward is a hint for Blizzcon 2017 but I'd put my money on their 25th anniversary for 2021, either being the announcement or release date of Diablo's next inevitable (shareholders are a thing actually) installment. If it were the release date then I'd be enthusiastic on 2019 being the year they tease it.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I don't know what it is with Blizzard and having ancient prophecies in all of their games.
    It comes down to Blizzard (specificaly Metzen back then) compensating for his lack of writing skill and possibly small penis. He was going to make a story biggerer and epicerer than all the others.

Even if expected nothing form Gamescom, still disappointed.

Anyway, since new Diablo game is in dvelopment, here's stuff/features i would like to see (focus on "I would" - everyone's entitled to have a different opinion).

- online, because at this point i couldn't care much about not playing with other people
    - persistent world like WoW
    - hack and slash combat style and pace, not slow and not with 3 to 5 enemies packs
    - wide array of customization for your character
    - NO WAY infinite scaling stuff (it just ends boring as hell and an excuse to say "there's always content")
    - world zones scaling at level cap so there can be something to do everywhere at max level
    - NO freaking 15748175619684189 difficulty levels
    - co-op missions/dungeons are VERY ok, granted there's no stuff like trinity or roles but have more characterization than "here's your randomly generated dungeon with random monsters"
    - raids are NOT ok; play sessions should be "modular" (short tasks you can combine so they can fit in many time spans)

Uhmm... they just released necromancers for D3, why the hell would they be working on D4 all of a sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Uhmm... they just released necromancers for D3, why the hell would they be working on D4 all of a sudden?
    Because they are. There's been a lot of job postings for an unannounced Diablo-related project and from the level/skills (Game Director first of all, then lots of requirement aboud 3d graphic engines) it doesn't look like a simple spin-off game but also doesn't look like a classic isometric hack and slash Diablo game.

Everyone's calling it D4 but it's more accurately next game in Diablo universe.

Side note, Necro release is just the last (for a long time if not definitely) release of content that was part of the scrapped second expansion. D3 is running on a skeleton crew that simply cannot deliver major content for a game that0s not generating revenue, though i also think that if the monetary returns of the Necro were good enough to justify it, we could see more classes DLCs over next years before the new game (likely a yearly release).

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Because we know from the job hirings that there are people currently working on an unannounced Diablo (related) project. We're just collectively calling this Diablo 4 in the meantime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Because we know from the job hirings that there are people currently working on an unannounced Diablo (related) project. We're just collectively calling this Diablo 4 in the meantime.
    Should be calling it Diablo Mobile, considering the in-house talent that got shifted to this IP.

One thing I'd love to see from another Diablo game is heavy modding support that includes a user-friendly editor. There's a ton of very talented people out there who given a chance would surely create amazing content for everyone to enjoy.

Well it's blizzard, so cheapest option is always 1st choice, so D2 remastered will be next.