Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    But most importantly, how the fuck do I get pants for this dude? He's in plate metal down to the thighs...but then he thought he'd hang out with his wang out like he's reliving his college days. Do some chest pieces just give him real pants, or is he forever going to be a bro?
    Forever a bro.

GGG think pants are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    GGG think pants are ridiculous.
    They are ridiculous. Ridiculously overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Your talk of Samurai interests me... Please, tell me more.

EDIT: Wow... Nothing improves the Abberath fight (which is very movement heavy and features lots of shit on the floor) like the Ice From Above prophecy, which causes even MORE shit on the floor, and ice to rain from the sky, slowing you if it hits you...
    Well, it's a Shadow + Viper Strike + 2H weapon (i hope to get my hands on a 6link Lithe Blade for Katana awesomeness). It's an hybrid build since i plan to get the belt that makes your leech work on ES when at full hp, but ES slowly drains over time. However this makes ES directly more HP.

For the moment it seems doing good, running act 9 and while some bosses hurt me it's mostly because of Multistrike long animation and me not moving out of shit.

EDIT: link in sig if you want to check build/gear.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Doing a warchief totem build, pretty fun so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    For the moment it seems doing good, running act 9 and while some bosses hurt me it's mostly because of Multistrike long animation and me not moving out of shit.
    Died a couple of times due to Static Strike + Multistrike animation being about 10 seconds long. It's quite annoying really... Thankfully, due to bumping my resists a bit, I'm back to being nicely tanky. Fingers crossed I'll clear Cruel Labs today and get Spell Block, then I'll TRULY be Unstoppabru.

The build looks good, never really tried a shadow, but I DO like the Leech/ES belt. I was trying to think of a build based around it, I think I might steal something like yours, after I'm done with my Gladiator.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Died a couple of times due to Static Strike + Multistrike animation being about 10 seconds long. It's quite annoying really... Thankfully, due to bumping my resists a bit, I'm back to being nicely tanky. Fingers crossed I'll clear Cruel Labs today and get Spell Block, then I'll TRULY be Unstoppabru.

The build looks good, never really tried a shadow, but I DO like the Leech/ES belt. I was trying to think of a build based around it, I think I might steal something like yours, after I'm done with my Gladiator.
    I dropped a Belly of the Beats and now the 30% hp is cool - but i hope to find the chest made for poison/VS since it's what revolves around my build. Plus, if i get my hands on the belt, i'll have ES beefing up my EHP quite a bit.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Man, so many systems and things added since I last played. I have no clue what most of them even are, need to carve out time to look into them.

Oh well, on act 6 on my summoner now and things got harder but I'm still enjoying myself quite a bit. I see what they meant by "re-used assets", but I'm pretty alright with it so far, it changes up enough to make the new zones/content feel fresh, even if it's not entirely fresh. At least to me, someone who hasn't played PoE for years, and never played extensively.

Now to decide whether I want to make my next character my bow ranger or tanky melee templar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I dropped a Belly of the Beats and now the 30% hp is cool
    Yeah, that would help a fair amount! I'm trying to find a decent Bringer of Rain, but I'm not quite leveled up enough yet, so there's no real point going deep into it.

Between that and Spell Block (which I didn't manage to get today, I have high hopes for tomorrow though), I should be nigh on immortal.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I played this game before in Essence league and quit after beating Malachi. I came back and am up to T10/11 maps with a shitty witch build. Thoughts:

- The new act structure, while still mostly just being a thinly veiled excuse to run the same areas again, is much better than the previous system. The reprisal areas are well done and the new areas added in make sense and are interesting.
    - The game is not coded for people on non-widescreen resolutions. It defaults to widescreen every time you launch, regardless of what your settings are, and I have to fuck around in the options menu every time. I can also see shit outside the normal play area (rendering errors and stuff) that are plainly intended to be hidden by the camera, as well as stuff int he foreground not going transparent because the camera assumes my view is different.
    - The gameplay is way more involved than I thought when I first saw that most builds just have 1 main nuke, since I have to slam 4-5 flasks every encounter in a nanosecond window. The flask gameplay maintains the old potionchugger style of Diablo 2 in a way that makes sense.
    - Difficulty is all over the place. Early tuning is a breeze and the first time you'll notice that enemies even have attacks is probably Kitava one-shotting you with an attack that covers 3/4ths of the area. Even without items farmed from other characters most players who play a researched build will just roll over the main game effortlessly. At the level I'm at, some of the t11 map bosses are an absolute joke, and some of them are impossible, within the same "tier". Maybe it should be clearer that the tier has nothing to do with difficulty really and is just monster level.
    - The voice acting is really good.
    - The plot develops pretty nonsensically and some of the new stuff actually just doesn't make any sense (like in Act 6 when everyone treats the outcome of the boss battle as though Nessa is still alive and just off in the sea being a mermaid, when in fact she got eaten by the boss and may not even have been alive when she started luring you in but was some kind of projection the boss used. I guess I'm supposed to assume my character lied and said she escaped but since I have no dialogue that's a big stretch.
    - The item system is maybe too dependent on currency to balance out the fact that you rarely get any decent items. I'm using almost no self-found gear, just my Tabula Rasa and a ring. Everything else I have to buy on PoE Trade because otherwise my gear would be dogshit. You find uniques all the time but unlike a game like D2, most of the uniques aren't general powerful items but are very specific with drawbacks and benefits and like 99% of them are pure shit.
    - The endgame looks pretty cool even though there's no way my current build can do Shaper or the guys before him.
    - I'm not using any microtransaction shit and while my stash is cramped I never feel like I'm forced to buy shit. It's very nice. I might buy some stash tabs just because the stash size fucking sucks. Or maybe i"ll just make a mule like it's 2002.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    - The item system is maybe too dependent on currency to balance out the fact that you rarely get any decent items.
    Funny, i am very early in game, just in the middle of act 4, and i have the opposite impresion.
    My witch found a 2 handed sword (rare) somewhere along act 2, It is the one i am using with my marauder, it is completely off the charts in terms of DPS.
    It is so good it is ridiculous, i have not come close to any 2 handed weapon even close in terms of DPS in the whole act 3, and what i have played of act 4.
    If i understand what you are saying, as the game keeps pumping the difficulty, this "miracle" RNG gear it is gonna be mandatory for builds to work, instead of just being a luxury as it is the case now.
    Well this sounds a lot like vanilla D3, but without the action house.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    - I'm not using any microtransaction shit and while my stash is cramped I never feel like I'm forced to buy shit. It's very nice. I might buy some stash tabs just because the stash size fucking sucks. Or maybe i"ll just make a mule like it's 2002.
    If GGG would sell backpack space instead of stash space, they would be filthy rich XD.
    I am starting to feel forced to buy something, not because i am interested in what they sale, but because the amount of hours i am putting into the game is starting to make me feel obligued to give them some money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else unable to play? When I try to log in the game just crashes and shuts itself down. Been getting WAY too many crashes since 3.0

There is a pretty big thread on this on the forums, and I've got a friend who has issues connecting and occasionally times out when using a Town Portal Scroll. Can't say it is a "known issue" since I haven't seen an official response on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    There is a pretty big thread on this on the forums, and I've got a friend who has issues connecting and occasionally times out when using a Town Portal Scroll. Can't say it is a "known issue" since I haven't seen an official response on it.

this is being fixed with a patch today.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

I leveled a Raider using Charged Dash. I think it's safe to say Charged Dash is the strongest melee skill (for leveling). Bosses just drop hard.

I'm at tier 2 maps right now, wrecking packs easily. 3k average damage is enough to one-shot most things for now.

I have a lot of movement speed. Thinking about switching to Cyclone and use Dash as a movement skill, to get Fortify as well as apply curses on hit, and reach places that only Warp could normally reach. With a ton of movement speed, it's actually good.

I was going to add Charged Dash to my Arc Witch and add Arc in via Cast While Channeling, but I forgot Dash was a Dex skill and she has so little Dex. I've been messing with it on an Ele Ailment Shadow and its a fun skill.

Anyone who can suggest a very easy-to-learn melee build with a guide for gear and stuff... havent played for a very long time.

Was thinking about Sunder Berserker Marauder?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Anyone who can suggest a very easy-to-learn melee build with a guide for gear and stuff... havent played for a very long time.

I'm currently playing the Unstoppable Gladiator, it's quite simple to play and VERY durable. I've just cleared the Cruel Lab and now that I can block spells, coupled with decent life on block I can tank almost anything.

Damage is a bit low, but it's a solid build to get you started and with Static Strike the AoE farming is fast.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-08-20 at 02:02 PM.

I'm currently playing the Unstoppable Gladiator, it's quite simple to play and VERY durable. I've just cleared the Cruel Lab and now that I can block spells, coupled with decent life on block I can tank almost anything.

Damage is a bit low, but it's a solid build to get you started and with Static Strike the AoE farming is fast.
    Very interesting. Thanks. what do you think about this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bp57XKmRLE

15+ Year Old Account

best thing to do would be check the marauder forum on the PoE forums they usually have nice detailed build layouts and such.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting. Thanks. what do you think about this one?
    I'm the WORST person to ask about builds . If I'm not copying one I got from the forums/reddit, I'll probably end up junking it because I can't clear Merciless with it.