7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

Like hate WoD all you want, but at least as a core concept it made sense, Garrosh used bronze dragons to escape to an alternate past and is sending forces into our reality, so we send a small strike team in to set up bases find allies and deal with the problem. The core concept for VoS is just all over the place.
    True, most expansion have a central theme that usually near the start gets spread out, and then gets unified again.
    In legion we started with the intention to stop the Legion at the Tomb, which in turn spread us out to the different Broken Isles zones to get the Pillars and in the end it wraps up at ToS. (and continues unified across Argus, since the zones are unlocked linearly)

7+ Year Old Account
    The happy place inside your soul, oh wait..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    True, most expansion have a central theme that usually near the start gets spread out, and then gets unified again.
    In legion we started with the intention to stop the Legion at the Tomb, which in turn spread us out to the different Broken Isles zones to get the Pillars and in the end it wraps up at ToS. (and continues unified across Argus, since the zones are unlocked linearly)
    So we need to find a threat that can be spread out and then unified? sounds like azshara to me.

It starts out by an assault on Kul'Tiras / Horde Island, Continues with different stories on other islands before coming back around at Nazjatar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DRenziboy View Post
    So we need to find a threat that can be spread out and then unified? sounds like azshara to me.

It starts out by an assault on Kul'Tiras / Horde Island, Continues with different stories on other islands before coming back around at Nazjatar.
    No, we need something that we start battling unified (Broken Shore Scenario), which we learn in order to defeat we need to spread across multiple zones (Pillars) to then unify again and deal a huge blow (ToS).

I haven't re-read any Azshara leaks in the past few days, but it seems to me from most that we just randomly go to the different zones to level and then come to Nazjatar at max level.

Something I would like for 8.0 to be is us dealing with the Blingtron War, since it has been foreshadowed for years and we still don't know a lot about it.

New trend at Blizzard is to announce new games/expansions at GamesCon not BlizzCon, GamesCon is much more covered by the media and enthousiasts. it has a larger impact, BlizzCon is more for Blizzard Games fans.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, we need something that we start battling unified (Broken Shore Scenario), which we learn in order to defeat we need to spread across multiple zones (Pillars) to then unify again and deal a huge blow (ToS).

I haven't re-read any Azshara leaks in the past few days, but it seems to me from most that we just randomly go to the different zones to level and then come to Nazjatar at max level.

Something I would like for 8.0 to be is us dealing with the Blingtron War, since it has been foreshadowed for years and we still don't know a lot about it.
    well i don't mean it like that, more or less it's naga's threatening us and we need to find either:

A. other forces that can help us deal with them
    B. Find something with which we can enter Nazjatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexali View Post
    Why would there be 10 more weeks of "leaks"? Gamescom is less than 2 weeks away.
    He meant if no Expansion is unveiled at Gamescom (so we would wait up until Blizzcon which is roughly 10 weeks away).

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I would find VoS to be somewhat convincing if it were say, two expansions down the line when the tomb was actually forgotten and had been open to plunder for a while.

I don't buy Naga, and the Zandalari, and Magni, and Odyn with Ra, and the Infinite Flight all just showing up literally in visual range of Dalaran, on the shore where we have active forces, and walking into the temple we no doubt would have left security in, wandering over to a wing and grabbing one of the pillars of creation.

Like hate WoD all you want, but at least as a core concept it made sense, Garrosh used bronze dragons to escape to an alternate past and is sending forces into our reality, so we send a small strike team in to set up bases find allies and deal with the problem. The core concept for VoS is just all over the place.
    @Shadochi - the Veil of Shadows leak is exactly that. With the five pillars the different antagonists do five different things at five different places. All of the pillars are used in their respective means. It's somehow like in Legion but just with more involvement of the pillars itself. In WoW their usage was pretty limited (imho). After all the five antagonists is a greater evil (most likely N'zoth) that unleashes as soon as the five pillars are used / abused.

@Hitei - we don't know how they show up. We don't know what happens to the Tomb when we're at Argus. I doubt we're leaving our best forces to guard the pillars when the recent enemy is just so overwhelming that we need all of our forces to fight them on their home world. I found the VoS concept to be on point and in line with most of the other expansions. I can understand if somebody disagrees with me on this. The Garrosh storyline made sense, yes, but time travelling is something I call all over the place because it's just a bit... absurd. We have that in a similar plot in VoS with the Infinite Dragonflight but I find that to be more convincing than time travelling Orcs (when we think about TBC / WotLK / Cataclysm dungeons where they already appeared).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    I personally hope the next 2 expansions stray away from the main story for a bit, just have some fun with it. Maybe not so story heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    I personally hope the next 2 expansions stray away from the main story for a bit, just have some fun with it. Maybe not so story heavy?
    Stray away from "which" main story? Old Golds / Void? Or what? I mean even the pretty unexpected MoP was all about an Old God in the end (which turned out to be pretty amazing) after it looked like an expansion with no story-ties to the usual WC lore.

Deleted
    I could dig another pandaria.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Stray away from "which" main story? Old Golds / Void? Or what? I mean even the pretty unexpected MoP was all about an Old God in the end (which turned out to be pretty amazing) after it looked like an expansion with no story-ties to the usual WC lore.
    No it wasnt?

Edit: About old gods

The sha was just a way for Garrosh to gain power. It wasnt really about the sha/void

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No it wasnt?

Edit: About old gods

The sha was just a way for Garrosh to gain power. It wasnt really about the sha/void
    uuhm no, Garrosh used the heart of y'shaarj to gain power y'shaarj is the old god that the titans did destroy releasing the sha upon pandaland, it's the reason the other old gods are imprisoned instead of dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i feel as if with the current set-up this cannot be possible anymore, there must always be a catalyst. This is partially due to blizzard's new way of telling the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, it's D-Day for the confirmation whether or not there will be a xpac announcement at Gamescon?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Yeah, some grand exploration of unknown lands shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    So, it's D-Day for the confirmation whether or not there will be a xpac announcement at Gamescon?
    Basically.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Not necessarily. We don't have any "measurement" if today or tomorrow or whenever will be D-Day this week. I'd say if there's nothing official by Friday there won't be an expansion announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    @Shadochi - the Veil of Shadows leak is exactly that. With the five pillars the different antagonists do five different things at five different places. All of the pillars are used in their respective means. It's somehow like in Legion but just with more involvement of the pillars itself. In WoW their usage was pretty limited (imho). After all the five antagonists is a greater evil (most likely N'zoth) that unleashes as soon as the five pillars are used / abused.
    Stop calling it a leak. It's not a leak, its a pile of bs. And no, VoS isn't 'exactly that'.

In Legion, pillars are plot devices to make player grind and go to different places WITHIN Broken Isles. And what is more important, pillars eventually a tool against one single enemy. VoS suggests exactly opposite of that, not to mention that Blizzard will never use things like pillars in two expansions in a row.

The fact that you're so easily impressed that someone used Blizzard's storylines to create a FAKE says a lot about your imagination really or rather lack of it. But considering how invested you're in this crap, I'd say you're the one who is behind it.
    Last edited by DelusionalBear; 2017-08-15 at 12:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    You people say that the majority of the playerbase have no idea what is coming in the next patch/what is currently being tested on the PTR. This is true, but would these people really watch Gamescom?
    Is not about "watching" GamesCom, but using GamesCom to spread info using differents media.

Quote Originally Posted by CheezeWasabi View Post
    About few weeks ago I asked my guildies and my friend in the server, most of them didn't even know what is gamescom and what's probably going to happen. ==
    Ok, Gamescom is useless and Blizzard trash their money in it... and they must go to Cologne only if they have a new WoW exp to annunce. Nothing else care.

Also, your gulids mate never know about Legion annucement 2 years ago, because they didnt know what Gamescom was. ^^;
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

7+ Year Old Account
    I wish they just release gamescom schedule already, this is driving me crazy. :S

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is no D-Day. They will tweet/message us about Gamescom schedule. If it won't mention new expac, 8.0 reveal won't happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Ok, Gamescom is useless and Blizzard trash their money in it... and they must go to Cologne only if they have a new WoW exp to annunce. Nothing else care.

Also, your gulids mate never know about Legion annucement 2 years ago, because they didnt know what Gamescom was. ^^;
    What i'm going to say is not everyone follow news like us so why would they just explained only 7.3 at gamescom? Why not something that will be a content in the future?
    For Legion in gamescom 2015 they did know after they saw ppl talking in trade chat the day after the announced.
    Also why you're so serious?
    Last edited by CheezeWasabi; 2017-08-15 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by CheezeWasabi View Post
    What i'm going to say is not everyone follow news like us so why would they just explained only 7.3 at gamescom? Why not something that will be a content in the future?
    For gamescom 2015 they did know after they saw ppl talking in trade chat the day after the announced.
    Also why you're so serious?
    They did 7.1 in gamescom, they can do 7.3. What makes it more likely is, that they had no talk about 7.3 except that one QnA.
    But atm, anything is still a possibility.
    Crimea is Ukraine!