Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it too late for every classic zone to have its own dungeon?

The game has come on in leaps and bounds since classic. We have the Cataclysm world now which is bordering on or surpassing the actually life of the initial classic zones.

Would it or could it be too late to add a dungeon to each zone from classic WoW?

Levelling now has been given many ways to expedite the process to benefit those wanting to hit end game as soon as possible, but there are still those who take end game breaks to experience the journey once again as a breath of fresh air.

Each zone now basically has its own self contained story line which gives you the breadcrumbs to drop right into the next level ready zone. But what if each zone had its own dungeon to cap off the arc?

The dungeons could be scaled obviously, but also each zone has a theme. Many zones I feel could benefit from having a dungeon to feel compelling through completion. Legion did this with the pillars.

Breathing new life in to old zones could be a wondrous thing.

Low level group quests are few and far between. Most players quickly out level the zone, so by having a new dungeon in each zone (which would scale) would add new lore and surely entice levellers to get a fresh dose of action and adventure!

*Example 1, Elwynn Forest: Jasperlode Mine and the Rogue Black Drake.

“The rogue black drake has taken over one of the mines in Elwynn and locals and villagers are going missing, crops are being razed, livestock is vanishing! Vanquish this drake and free Elwynn of this menace!” Turn the mine into a dungeon (separate entrance so original quests remain) done.

* Example 2, Wetlands: Ironband’s Excavation Site.
    “The dwarves finally unearth a door to the titan outpost; adventurers repel the Trogg and Ogre pillagers whilst investigating the mysterious corridors! Hints abound of a vicious conflict between the mechagnomes and earthen and Lokens forces.”

*Example 3, Ashenvale: Demon Fall Canyon.

“Vile malignant forces strive to infiltrate this barren canyon and seek the corrupted relics of wars past! Slay them all and secret away anything you find!” Be it a warped warlock coven or legion remnants, we fight our way through the canyon and put an end to the uprising!

*Example 4, Winterspring: Ruins of Kel’Theril.

“Aid the Blue Dragonflight and the spirits of the Highborne once and for all! Forces opposing the Blue Dragonflight are plundering these ruins and by doing so are tormenting the souls of those who did not survive the sundering! These intruders threaten the Blue Dragonflight and also torment those at peace! Delve the to the lower levels and seek out this menace!”

ALL EXAMPLES are cheese! But just my take on how a zone could possibly still have life injected into it! I guess I myself would like life brought back to lower zones.

As I said, each could be scaled. This is just my take! Not what could or should be done! Just an idea!
    Last edited by Benomatic; 2017-08-15 at 08:58 AM.

Deleted
    While I like the idea if it was "free" new content is new content and takes ressources to develop, and I'd rather that focus is kept on developing the end game and carrying that story forward than expanding on the old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst at the same time a retro fit of old can help the new!

- - - Updated - - -

I still think new life would help the lore and zones!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Whilst at the same time a retro fit of old can help the new!

- - - Updated - - -

I still think new life would help the lore and zones!
    All we need is another old world revamp + world quests style of quests added to all zones. That would make all of the zones playable again.

Deleted
    Actually love that idea, suggested a mildly similar version on official last expansion, but it got closed due to people moaning it would take away from end game.
    Yours goes into a lot more depth though
    Personally IMO, new players and even alts, would be good for them to experience later game systems early on, so they aren't thrown into it later. This would however level scaling for all zones.
    Take as an example using your idea, but expanding.
    Elwynn Forest -
    Player logs in first time, does usual first area bit, gets quest to head to goldshire
    However in this case, as they get to the exit of north shire, a scenario starts "the road to goldshire"
    "Heroes King anduin wrynn awaits you in goldshire, make haste, but be wary along the road, hogger has placed traps to make sure the alliances latest recruit never makes that meeting"
    As you progress, you get introduced to small weak packs of mobs attacking at once, a paladin soldier (bodyguard) joins the fray, helping you take them out.
    Halfway down the road, a boss appears, with the Paladins help you take the boss down and head to goldshire to meet the King.

As a reward for clearing the road to goldshire, anduin grants you a small plot of land, which via questing can be expanded

Clearing the scenario, unlocks world quests for that zone, rewarding gear, gold and resources to power up those below

Clear the kobold mines, grants access to a regular supply of copper ore, to help with professions.
    Clear the defias grants access to access to linen cloth
    Complete the elwynn battle pet master quest to unlock a daily quest on your land
    Help gather various plant subjects, unlocks a herb garden
    Clearing the murlocs adds a fishing pond to your plot of land
    Clear the wolves and local bears, unlocks a tannery for light leather
    Clear princess and her boars, grants access to a food storage, allowing you to place orders for low level ingredients to help with 1-75 cooking

Clear all objectives unlocks a special dungeon "The Queens Lair"
    "Heroes our mines are being over run by gigantic spiders, help us clear this menace and restore the mines"
    A very easy dungeon, just requiring you to clear trash to first boss, take out spider maiden, clear more trash, take out spider queen

Upon exiting, you learn this was all a set up
    Hogger has kidnapped the King and taken him to the long forgotten "crypts of lower stormwind"
    A very easy low level raid, scales with raid size and levels
    Objectives
    1) make your way to the upper crypts
    2) take out the defies kingpin rogue blocking the way
    3) make your way to the first basement
    4) take out the crazy murloc leaders
    5) make your way to the second basement
    6) defeat the kobold leader platinum tooth
    7) make your way to the depths
    8) your chance to once and for all,bring hogger to justice
    9) speak to anduin and activate the beacon to return to goldshire

With all local menace leaders taken out, goldshire is now at peace
    Aggressive mobs are now neutral and will not attack unless attacked first

Reward for full clear, tier one artefact bracers, subsequent zone clears including it's scenario/dungeon and raid will further power up hour bracers, gaining new strength and new abilities

This could easily be said for many other zones, as all zones have a story to tell, and could expand on it
    Any ways just an idea, will it happen, no, too many would moan about end game. But it would seriously draw in new players, and allow older players to re experience a classics zone
    And with access to profession materials related to that zone, it means no more fighting over nodes, skins, etc
    Last edited by mmoc9bf106605f; 2017-08-15 at 12:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    EXACTLY! Scenarios work just as well! Staged zone progression can also be a good tool if used correctly! You can skip the areas like you can do now but also adventure has its rewards! Even group or server based unlockables!

WoW is and has always been about the endgame at max level. Wasting resources on new leveling content would proably not be a good idea.
    A lot of us already have every character at max level and have little intrest in leveling new ones and even less intrest in going back to zones that we have quested through and done so many times befor.

No thanks. Focus time and money on new zones and raids, please.

*Example 3, Ashenvale: Demon Fall Canyon.

“Vile malignant forces strive to infiltrate this barren canyon and seek the corrupted relics of wars past! Slay them all and secret away anything you find!” Be it a warped warlock coven or legion remnants, we fight our way through the canyon and put an end to the uprising!

!
    Omg great idea OP!

I was always wondering what it would be like if Ashenvale had a dungeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

You already level so fast even without heirlooms that you don't get to do all the lowbie dungeons that exist now at level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    WoW is and has always been about the endgame at max level. Wasting resources on new leveling content would proably not be a good idea.
    A lot of us already have every character at max level and have little intrest in leveling new ones and even less intrest in going back to zones that we have quested through and done so many times befor.

No thanks. Focus time and money on new zones and raids, please.
    I don't agree. I have opened up many possible revenues for expansion. Use your imagination! Have some fun

1* I did say these new instances could scale.
    2* Blizzard Like us to have adventures

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Omg great idea OP!

So do I! Hence choosing that exact spot! Given how important it is!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    You already level so fast even without heirlooms that you don't get to do all the lowbie dungeons that exist now at level.
    I did say they scale! And also, there is nothing to say that these end zone instances are not rewarding!
    Last edited by Benomatic; 2017-08-15 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Omg great idea OP!

Blackfathom depths would like a word with you ������������������

I don't agree. I have opened up many possible revenues for expansion. Use your imagination! Have some fun

1* I did say these new instances could scale.
    2* Blizzard Like us to have adventures

No more damn scaling either, please. You never actually feel more powerful in Legion. It's silly and boring.
    I still think this idea is bad and a waste of time.

7+ Year Old Account
    While it is kind of a fun idea, especially since you could make it work like the dungeon quests in Legion (having them be a huge EXP reward for completing a zone), i don't really think it is worth the energy. If they make a dungeon for every classic zone, we are proberly gonna get some terrible dungeons and some of them are not really gonna make sense, since some zones actually have quests, which end the zone story.

So no thanks really. I think that Blizzard can do a hundred other things to the 1-60 leveling experience, that is easier to do, more worth their time and which will have a more positive impact on the gmae..... Like just a general scaling.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No more damn scaling either, please. You never actually feel more powerful in Legion. It's silly and boring.
    I still think this idea is bad and a waste of time.
    I don't understand? I do feel you are now trying to troll. Why would content be made available for soloing? Why is it silly? Why is it boring? Why is it bad? Why is it a waste of time? It may not appeal to you, but you stating opinion as fact is a little childish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    While it is kind of a fun idea, especially since you could make it work like the dungeon quests in Legion (having them be a huge EXP reward for completing a zone), i don't really think it is worth the energy. If they make a dungeon for every classic zone, we are proberly gonna get some terrible dungeons and some of them are not really gonna make sense, since some zones actually have quests, which end the zone story.

So no thanks really. I think that Blizzard can do a hundred other things to the 1-60 leveling experience, that is easier to do, more worth their time and which will have a more positive impact on the gmae..... Like just a general scaling.
    Your signature makes me smile

Not sure about the logistics but I'd like some love given to the levelling journey. Actually make it a journey again rather than an obstacle.
    I want a scaling world with random events like bandit raids on towns etc ^^

Maybe having a fun game pre max level would reduce the incessant moaning about end game being boring no matter what Blizzard do.

Will never happen of course.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand? I do feel you are now trying to troll. Why would content be made available for soloing? Why is it silly? Why is it boring? Why is it bad? Why is it a waste of time? It may not appeal to you, but you stating opinion as fact is a little childish.

- - - Updated - - -

Your signature makes me smile
    Happy to hear that Most don't even know what it is about
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Blackfathom depths would like a word with you ������������������
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Love it. Just one thing, make it scenarios and not dungeons and it'll be amazing... like MoP all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Not trolling at all but of course it's my own opinion. I don't speak for anyone else.
    The game has always been, mainly about max level content and trying to make it into something else seems like a risky endeavor that is very unlikely to succeed.

Do you know how many classic zones don't have dungeons? We aren't talking five or eight new dungeons. More like ten to twenty. Scenarios would work better since they use existing zone assets.