Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    New battlegrounds. I would like some BG that uses flying mounts. Add solo queue to 3v3 and rated battlegrounds. Both teams have same amount of healers/dps/tanks. RBG leader should be separate role when queueing.

Either remove pvp templates or make them work in wpvp. Make standard pvp gear atleast equal to pve gear in world pvp. Bring back cata/mop/wod gearing model for pvp gear (lower ranked players get equal gear, but slower). Honor talents removed or first line instantly available at max level. I think prestige system is fine rewarding playing lots of bgs/arenas.

Class balancing
    - 1v1 and 2v2 more balanced
    - No more than 2 gab closer for class. In general, 1 gab closer should have lower cd than 2 gab closers.
    - Class can't have both slow and increased movement speed with 100 % uptime. Slows should be more tactical instead of kept up whole time.
    - Less stun/interrupt stacking
    - High mobility melees shouldn't have ranged cc/damage with short cd.
    - Longer cooldowns to CC breakers. If there is too much cc in 3v3, reduce cooldown on dispels.
    - Lower damage difference between spells (no wrath 150k vs full moon 1,5m) and lower damage difference between burst damage and normal damage. All normal damage and healing higher with faster gameplay. Less reliance on cooldowns when bursting like in wotlk.
    - Class niches fine.

Deleted
    Either go back to the Vanilla model of pants on head retarded full power pvp with zero DR on CC / PvP only effects, or keep templates and build on the Legion model some more. Everything between Vanilla and Legion was a mess. Honor points / CP being a currency to farm was silly, and not being able to compete in pvp unless you were loaded to the gills with resi and pvp power made no sense at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a clusterfuck. I won't pretend to be a hardcore PvPer but whatever they did in Legion they need to fix it. From a more casual standpoint stuns are back to being insane and pretty much whoever pops all their CDs first wins most times. This of course is from very limited experience but it just feels bad right now. Doesn't feel like any consistency. I either completely melt someone or they melt me. Very little middle ground.

One thing they must fix is the aoe damage on melees, it is ridiculous that ou must use defensive cooldowns when you are next to the target of a warrior, DH or a ret (possibly more that I am not recalling).

Arms warriors used to have some niche in that with a CD, which was fine, but passively doing AoE damage in the ST rotation is retarded (not to mention the CC breaks).

Also, if PVP talents are to stay, please, please, please, enable then in non competitive PVE content (at least open world, maybe heroic dungeons as well), it could even be one the prestige level rewards. It is really annoying not having the abilities once you got used to them.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2017-08-11 at 09:45 PM.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Vanilla model ? no more rated pvp ? which rewards ? do you like current seasons ? solo queue arenas but just for fun ? removal of rbgs ? do you want rankings ? a new pvp system ? just curious about what people think

personally I feel that battlegrounds should be at the core of the game, and that rated pvp should be reserved for the best players, where those players could compete for prizes (bnet balance and real cash) each seasons, but this part of the game should be fairly detached from the game itself. honestly I don't think rated pvp has any point now, it's entirely made of top players who play at the top of the ladder, which are selling boosts for those who are not top players, the rest are just casual players who play casually to get some weekly points rewards but if it was a dungeon it would be the same for them in my opinion.
    I'd just want PvP to go back to the 2.0 Honor system, that worked better.

A. High end PvP gear, and I mean REAL gear that you can BUY with a currency like before, so you don't have to relly on stupid RNG to get your best pvp gear, and even then PvE gear Is superior to any PvP gear you can get so that's pointless In Legion.
    B. Artifact weapons/power, get rid of that, useless.
    C. Honor currency and Conquest currency, to once again buy your regular blue pvp gear, then your conquest gear If you're doing rated stuff, It's a matter of prestige that you get to even have rated pvp gear If you truly want to compete at an equal level, If not don't bother PvPing. In Legion every casual sod with an OP class spec who got boosted by a friend can compete easily with any hardcore PvPer and that's wrong. Same goes for Raiding actually, but we all know Legion is very hardcore unfriendly.

But I partly agree with you, rated pvp should be for best players... not to be played for bnet balance or cash, go away with that Idea. I'm still fine for doing titles, mounts (Although I've had the same mount for 10 years so what do I care really, you pick a favorite and keep It most likely) and honor points/kills. I'm still getting that Conqueror title, one of these days...

PvP needs to just revert to the old 2.0 honor system we had since TBC, this 3.0 system doesn't work, although I like the Prestige system of getting rewards overtime and stuff, but -NOT- Instead of honor points, keep those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    just by reading OP I can tell how giganticly biased his thoughts are, but I'll bite:
    1) better rewards
    2) rated 2v2
    3) customization
    4) rated 2v2
    5) solo rbgs
    6) people learning how to properly write, understanding that there is no space between the last word and the question mark.
    I spy with my little eye, a casual.

1. Eleborate? Artifact power rewards, gear rewards, honor, titles, mounts? I'd settle for titles and mounts and honor, artifact can go away.
    2. Doesn't make sense.
    3. In what way? We got Transmog already. If you mean talent wise, I'd agree, the current honor talents are meh.
    4. same as number 2.
    5. That makes no sense, again, filthy casual. You do battlegrounds for solo and rated for proper teamplay where you can truly tryhard your inner PvPer.
    6. Ehm... very much casual aren't you, and tryhardy, on a good path to being a true PvPer.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

-Honor and conquest gear. Pvping on my alts and getting them in full honor with some cp gear was one of my favorite things to do when not raiding. It was a fun unimportant progression that felt rewarding. This needs to come back and to hell with the lottery RNG shit that ultimately does not even feel rewarding. Honor rewards do not compensate for this loss of progression whatsoever.

-Too much shit to unlock on multiple alts. Things like 3rd relic slots and artifact upgrades are tedious and boring. Fun to do once on a main, then never again. No more of this please.

-Another thing I strongly dislike is how enormous the divide is between PvE and PvP in terms of rotation and gameplay. Honor talents completely change the way a character plays which I am not a fan of. Couple that with the static stat templates it just makes for a very discrepant and weird experience. To top it off there is no way of testing these enormously different playstyles unless you are actually in a pvp instance.

-Lastly, world pvp. I think that it is obvious to everyone how cancerous it has become in Legion. I'd much rather go back to PvE heroes having moderately superior trinkets, ilvl and burst instead of being hit for 20 fucking million by a fan of knives.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post

I spy with my little eye, a casual.

1. Eleborate? Artifact power rewards, gear rewards, honor, titles, mounts? I'd settle for titles and mounts and honor, artifact can go away.
    2. Doesn't make sense.
    3. In what way? We got Transmog already. If you mean talent wise, I'd agree, the current honor talents are meh.
    4. same as number 2.
    5. That makes no sense, again, filthy casual. You do battlegrounds for solo and rated for proper teamplay where you can truly tryhard your inner PvPer.
    6. Ehm... very much casual aren't you, and tryhardy, on a good path to being a true PvPer.
    I like how my sig is the pic of me on a Gladiator mount and somehow you think I'm a casual. You don't even know what a Gladiator is in wow huh?

I like how my sig is the pic of me on a Gladiator mount and somehow you think I'm a casual. You don't even know what a Gladiator is in wow huh?
    I was just logging in to post this lol. Wrathful drake in sig and guy calls you a noob.

I agree too about having pvp talents active in non-competitive PVE. It drives me up a fking wall that I can no longer trinket stuns from mobs etc.

You played the FOTM team for one season? Asking for solo queue RBG is still the biggest casual think that I have ever heard and the fact you got a mount 9 years ago don't change that. Why have both Rated and Non-rated BG if you just solo queue for both? You just want the Rated reward without the trouble of keeping a Rated BG team? Yep, casual.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    You played the FOTM team for one season? Asking for solo queue RBG is still the biggest casual think that I have ever heard and the fact you got a mount 9 years ago don't change that. Why have both Rated and Non-rated BG if you just solo queue for both? You just want the Rated reward without the trouble of keeping a Rated BG team? Yep, casual.
    Calm down dude. It's not like some solo que player is going to be able to glide right on up to HWL, the risk in solo que would be the same as randoms now, getting stuck with a crap team and losing. It's just another option to have. Not sure why this is bothering you so much.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like templates and hope they continue (maybe in a slightly modified version of today). Instanced PVP should be more about skill and less about who got the best trinkets and legendaries from PVE, so I do think they had a good idea for the expansion. It just wasn't executed as well as it should be. I hope they bring back something like Wintergrasp again for world PVP, though. I loved the scale of it. Just hundreds of people fighting in a zone dedicated to PVP in an interesting way. I'm not sure what I'd like the honor system to be going forward though. I like prestige in some ways (gives me things to work towards), but I think its currently a bit too many levels. I also think honor talents should be baseline or at least unlocked by character level the way PVE talents are and not unlocked by prestige grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I like templates and hope they continue (maybe in a slightly modified version of today). Instanced PVP should be more about skill and less about who got the best trinkets and legendaries from PVE, so I do think they had a good idea for the expansion. It just wasn't executed as well as it should be. I hope they bring back something like Wintergrasp again for world PVP, though. I loved the scale of it. Just hundreds of people fighting in a zone dedicated to PVP in an interesting way. I'm not sure what I'd like the honor system to be going forward though. I like prestige in some ways (gives me things to work towards), but I think its currently a bit too many levels. I also think honor talents should be baseline or at least unlocked by character level the way PVE talents are and not unlocked by prestige grinding.
    I keep waiting to hear them announce that WG and TB are coming back as brawls. I'd lose my sh!t, loved WG so much.

To be honest I rly like to play arenas but PvP is slowly dying and thats because casual players doesn't have any reason to play PvP, for me I maybe would have stoped to play arena aswell if there wouldn't be gladiator titles and mounts, but these aren't reachable for more then 0,5% of the players so why should they even go into the effort of searching a team in order to try to play arena to get rnd gear that isn't for any use, since u won't use 90% of it.

maybe I'm a niche player, playing at glad rating and doing mythic raiding at the same time, but I somehow remeber a blue post, saying that highend content will be rewarding in a way that you can use it for both PvE and/or PvP... only thing I'm wearing from PvP atm is a 935 agi/haste stat-stick.

What you call casual player thinking isn't fare from what I and some R1 players think aswell just to mention Xaryu in this clip not long ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMQId2xIzsY&t=8s

What is so good about nearly all esl games is that you can jump in and play PvP without searching for players thinking about comp or something else.

I'm not talking about erasing arena and the premade team ladder, just thinking adding an additonal ladder for solo que 6v6 or something like the brawl we had once, would bring more ppl back to pvp, reduce the barrier to play ranked together with rewards that actually feel like rewards, would bring WoW-PvP back to life i guess.

Furthermore do i feel that WoW - esl PvP would be more entertaining to watch if it wasn't only deathmatch kind of playstyle.
    Last edited by raven96; 2017-08-15 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Why do some people want pvp gear grind back? I prefer templates where I can level to max level and start to pvp right away, it sucks having to do LFR, Mythic+ and World Quests for pvp.... I agree the system is still flawless seeing as gear still matters a little bit and templates do not work in wpvp, but I personally prefer this system than the system that made me have to farm gear on every single alt before I had a fighting chance...

If anything they should make gear not matter at all in pvp or make pvp rewards equal of pve

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Tell me what are the props of doing BGs solo right now in WOW? I don't think there is any, you only do them for the sake of doing them with no real rewards whatsoever, and as I mentioned before the lack of rewards in WoW is what killed PvP. While not being as skill-requiring, 2v2 5v5 and solo BGs are still forms of PvP, and removing all the rewards from these modes (even removing 5v5 entirely) diminished the casual's interest in PvP altogether, and by doing that the overall number of people PvPing diminished greatly, which was followed by Blizzard caring even less for PvP than they used to.
    Giving proper rewards for all forms of PvP is the way to go in order to drive the player's attention (titles, mounts, gear, mogs), and removing rewards from the game-mode do nothing but push people away from it.
    Edit: Forgot to conclude the thinking line about Solo Rated BGs: By giving players a bar, something to aim, and some rewards, it increases the number of people playing BGs. Even if "solo rated BGs" would mean nothing in terms of skill, it would still raise the overall interest of the playerbase towards PvPing.
    Last edited by Nuba; 2017-08-15 at 01:35 PM.

Right now, the reward of doing solo BG is honor (prestige level). By doing so you get pets, artifact appearance, toy, mount and title with the prestige system alone. Not counting the box that can give you gear and more. Not rated BG gear but LFR don't give you Mythic appearance either.

For me, what killing the BG is the faction imbalance. Alliance get a permanent +50% honor and still, the amount of people queuing is still abyssal. Why, because constant lose is not worth that bonus. Doing the 4 PVP world quest give me about the same honor as 3 random BG, in a fraction of the time. Without those, I wouldn't even do pvp this expansion, like all previous with the exception of Wintergrasp / Tol Barad.

Since this thread is about what we want in pvp after legion, I want the removal of all the racial in PVP. They already removed Set Bonus, Trinket, profession item, change some skills, next step is removal of racial in BG/Arena. Let's see how both factions do without those. I know it's not gonna happen, we all know what happened when they finally gave something not stupid to 1 race of the alliance.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

More balanced templates, every class and spec and level from 0 to max has the same hp, 100%, doesn't matter what the number is, if it's 100 hp or 100 million. Damage output is calculated to a default. Gear should be changed to cosmetic only, both in pvp aswell as pve. Possibly with an addition to add enchantments to a gear piece that has a proc, use or cd on it, but it's not the gear that does things it's the enchant. For example a speed boost to boots, use enchant on boots, or strength enchant to hands or intellect trinket type proc to helmet etc.

Unified talent tree, where pvp and pve talents are in the same tree or system and used everywhere regardless if it's pvp or a npc. You pick what you want to use to a limit, can't have them all.

Less CC overall, but more utility abilities per classes.

New BGs and make WG, TB and Ashran part of BG rotation. They have their usage, all good for example for massive HK farm zergs. No one plays objectives everyone just literally meets in the main road of Ashran for 4 hours and farm HKs.

Invisible buff to alliance which causes them to win 99% of random BGs like WoD had.

I win button to myself and only to me. Which grants me a win anytime, anywhere, without anymore effort than pressing the button and grants me all the rewards for doing nothing. Season gladiator, click, done, log off. Let the rest fight for it for months. Full artifact prestige unlock, click, done, go afk in city. Or grant me system admin so that I can spawn what I need and go play other games for a change and not grind this years on end.

Actually i don't care, as long as I get all things done when I log in and not 16 hours after that I don't really care what they do to pvp. Delete everything after i'm done for all i care. But no more grinding for shit. Mogs, mounts whatever just make them available to buy for 1 copper or whatever from level 0 and pvp for no rewards if you really want to pvp, not to collect shit. So tired to grind everything in every bloody game.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2017-08-16 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Back to the honour/conquest point system with vendors is a MUST for me in the next expansion!

No more RNG gearing, back to having control over which items you get/buy. Pvp is NOT pve.
    This a thousand times. I was never a huge PVPer, but being able to target specific gear was nice when I did play. The RNG gearing in Legion has kept me from diving back into PVP at all this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    The formula for perfect PvP has existed in pieces throughout past expansions, just put them together and you'll have a masterpiece.

MoP class design. For fun, skill, and depth

WoD gear (scaled up to mythic ilvl in PvP situations) to keep things a little more fair in the world and in duels.

Team-based arena system. Encouraged players to find partners and stick with them, gave PvPers a way to make gold by selling conquest caps in 2v2 without sacrificing their rating or going against high mmr opponents.

Casual arena skirmish for practice and testing

rated 6v6 BGs as an alternative to 3v3 as an esport.

Currency based gearing. Honor through casual PvP, conquest through rated PvP.

Complete seperation of PvP from PvE. Spells having different cooldowns, doing different damage, having slightly different effects, etc in PvP situations for the sake of balance.

New: rated 1v1 bracket. Show off your skill as an individual.
    Something like this I'd say. Especially the 'Bring the invidual not the teamplay'.
    Another thing would be to keep the pvp armors more unique to its scene. copy paste models are so meh really...

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    PvE and PvP are too different thanks to talents and spell changes - before at least you knew, if I hit a boss for 100k, then I hit the player for 100k, bar some resiliance or something. In addition to talents changing gameplay completely and having double talents on each enemy makes it too convoluted.
    Because of the fundamental problem of scaling.
    A boss is in a dungeon aimed at 5 players, a raid considerably more.
    It just does not work with the same numbers.

And that isn't even taking into account the mechanics and durations, some of which for good reason don't have the same duration or effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.