Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheebuzz View Post
    Because they considered more things than race, the black folk were to be squeezed dry and discarded because they were exploitable, they lacked the guns to fight back. It's not fair or pretty but it's not racism, it's just pure exploitation, it's what empires do to get the edge.
    Just so we are clear your stance is

Racism played no part in the civil war and what happened in the south.

The KKK and their actions were just a reaction to a power vacuum nothing to with racism.

yea I think we're done here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I would rather tear down commie statues.
    Damn commies.

You sound like a cliche.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coheebuzz View Post
    Only if America is returned to its rightful owners, the Indians.
    Hopefully that will happen one day.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Honestly these same people who want to destroy monuments because it offends them make me wonder when they turn to the founding fathers or anybody before the civil war.

They had slaves too. Shall we erase everything that offends our feelings?

Who are we to judge the past from the lens of the present? Different day and era. Was it right? No. But should we eliminate all traces of it to make ourselves feel better? Nope.
    Because god forbid we don't have statues that celebrate a failed attempt at treason, fuck the confederacy and fuck everyone that still supports it.
    "Small Government!" the GOP screams.
    Municipalities pass municipal legislation
    "No, not THAT SMALL!" the GOP screams, louder this time.

so when are we going to start destroying the pyramids in Egypt since they were erected by slaves glorifying pharaohs who enslaved thousands ?
    Last edited by amarristo; 2017-08-15 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Sorry but putting up statues to celebrate people who supported the enslaving of a whole race.....is downright retarded.
    So why is there a Ulysses S. Grant Memorial? Grant's household had slaves all the way up to 1865 when the 13th amendment released them. Grant even had a personal slave during some of his campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by amarristo View Post
    so when are we going to start destroying the pyramids in Egypt since they were erected by slaves ??
    That's false... sorry to tell you but the Bible isn't a reliable source of information.

It was erected by skilled craftsmans and it was considered an honor to work on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    so when are we going to start destroying the pyramids in Egypt since they were erected by slaves glorifying pharaohs who enslaved thousands ?
    Right? When are we going to destroy any wonder of the ancient world? Slave labor was a massive occurrence in the past.

Destroy everything that hurts our feelings, yeah!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That's false... sorry to tell you but the Bible isn't a reliable source of information.

It was erected by skilled craftsmans and it was considered an honor to work on it.
    I am sure the slaves of the great wall of china were also honored to work on it.
    Last edited by BuckSparkles; 2017-08-15 at 03:40 PM.

The pyramids were not built by slaves the bible is a work of fiction, Egyptians regarded their leaders as gods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Now it's getting slightly absurd. Maybe this vandalized statue - it didn't look like it - but maybe it was erected by skilled craftsmans and it was considered an honor to work on it?

Is it about the circumstances of the manufacturing, about the moral code of the regime under that it was build, or about the sheer unadultarated lust do vandalize shit and pretend moral superiority while doing so?

I am sure the slaves of the great wall of china were also honored to work on it.
    Find a history book and read it seriously, the great wall was built by a labor force that included criminals, soldiers and commoners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Find a history book and read it seriously, the great wall was built by a labor force that included criminals, soldiers and commoners.
    In all fairness, they're not there voluntarily and a massive amount of people died. In this case slavery is not as ridiculous as the case of pyramids

7+ Year Old Account
    Right, and I am sure cotton was picked by a "labor force."

Deleted
    Just so we are clear your stance is

Racism played no part in the civil war and what happened in the south.

The KKK and their actions were just a reaction to a power vacuum nothing to with racism.

yea I think we're done here.
    Absolutely nothing, the initial relationship was owner/slave. When that relationship started leaking and black folk begun establishing themselves (these were some tough individuals and weren't about to break that easy, they got handpicked exactly because of certain productive qualitiies) and threatening their owner's reign, squishy man did what it knows best, it inflated its image through KKK or similar movements in order to intimidate the newfound competition.

'Racism' isn't even in my dictionary, am sick of its indiscriminate use, no pun intended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Or is this just a new line to apologize for Nazis?
    Hitler wasn't a bad guy, he just wrote Mein Kampf and led the bad guys. But he totally wasn't a bad guy.

/s

research suggests that it wasn't just slaves that built the pyramids. how many skeletons /mummies were found in the "workers" tomb. because they figure over 10k people worked on them at a time. You're honestly going to tell me no slaves in a n era that slavery was prevalent weren't used ? Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Right? When are we going to destroy any wonder of the ancient world? Slave labor was a massive occurrence in the past.

Destroy everything that hurts our feelings, yeah!

- - - Updated - - -

You're ignoring what monuments and statues symbolize:

The pyramids of gizeh are a burial monument. It symbolizes Cheops

The great wall was built as a defense structure.

The Civil war memorial thinks about the dead of the civil war.

The Monument of Lee, represents Lee.

Sorry to tell you that but there are really people there who perceive Lee as an enemey, either because he was a traitor or he was activley working on denying the freedom of citizens living today in the US, and they see him being honored as a wrong signal by their country. And is it that hard to understand?

No one will get pissed because of a monument commemorating the death of the civil war, but that's something different.

If you find people that have a valid grudge to hold against pharaoh cheops, i think you'd have a base for destroying the pyramids.

- - - Updated - - -

research suggests that it wasn't just slaves that built the pyramids. how many skeletons /mummies were found in the "workers" tomb. because they figure over 10k people worked on them at a time. You're honestly going to tell me no slaves in a n era that slavery was prevalent weren't used ? Lol
    At least read wikipedia before spouting nonsense:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_ancient_Egypt

As a system it was established nearly thousand years after the great pyramids. Also you can find there:

There is a consensus among Egyptologists that the Great Pyramids were not built by slaves. Rather, it was peasants who built the pyramids during flooding, when they could not work in their lands.

So who will i trust, some random guy on the net and his feels, or the consensus among egyptologists?

You're honestly going to tell me no slaves in a n era that slavery was prevalent weren't used ? Lol
    But they were FUN slaves, like all the Barbary coast slaves and all the old military empressement etc. They weren't real slavery, like the transatlantic slave trade.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    The left proves once again that they're the same kind of shitstain as IS. Probably why they love them so much.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-08-15 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    Do you know how hard is to find any archaelogical evidence in Egypt, not counting that many workers were the farmers that had nothing do during the Nile floodings? And that they received beer as food?

I mean, fuck, the first known workers strike happened in ancient Egypt, during the construction of temples:

https://libcom.org/history/records-o...der-ramses-iii
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-08-15 at 03:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    But they were FUN slaves, like all the Barbary coast slaves and all the old military empressement etc. They weren't real slavery, like the transatlantic slave trade.
    They were an "honored labor force."

Not forced to work until death or anything.