Thread: No Man's Sky

I traded for the game early on during its release, played for about an hour then my ps4 crashed, which seemed to be an issue for some when playing and havent played it since. With this update, and me playing for essentially the first time, is there an actual story mode now?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    For my wife it was always a pleasant game.

For someone that was not well documented about what they promised and that plays it ~1 hour every other day, it's a great game. Relax on the couch in front of the big TV, have a beer, explore some strange planet and take pictures of strange animals.

I'm glad that the game is getting even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter how much some of us may enjoy it. We are always going to have the same group of people in here that go. "But his interviewsssssssssssssss..........."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I don’t understand your point there.

You expect people to stop talking about what went wrong with a game because some people despite it still enjoy it?
    Kind of. Imagine someone wants to play No Man's Sky. Turns out it is the perfect game for them. Then they look up reviews and go to forums like these, then are turned away from the game by all the negativity of the people who want to bitch about what the game wasn't rather than discussion about what it is. Now they never got to play the game that they would have loved to death, because all they see is the hate train. Now, without even playing the game, a friend asks, "How was that space game you were talking about? Did you like it, should I try it?" Then they respond, without even playing the game, "No, turns out it sucks, EVERYONE hates it, read some of these Steam reviews!" Then the friend, who also would have enjoyed the game, never touches it and also spreads negative opinions about the game to anyone who asks.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and speaking of Steam reviews:

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Kind of. Imagine someone wants to play No Man's Sky. Turns out it is the perfect game for them. Then they look up reviews and go to forums like these, then are turned away from the game by all the negativity of the people who want to bitch about what the game wasn't rather than discussion about what it is. Now they never got to play the game that they would have loved to death, because all they see is the hate train. Now, without even playing the game, a friend asks, "How was that space game you were talking about? Did you like it, should I try it?" Then they respond, without even playing the game, "No, turns out it sucks, EVERYONE hates it, read some of these Steam reviews!" Then the friend, who also would have enjoyed the game, never touches it and also spreads negative opinions about the game to anyone who asks.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and speaking of Steam reviews:
    Well maybe if the game had never made such negative press for itself in the first place people wouldn't dislike it?

First impressions count. The game should have launched as expected. Not launch, piss a lot of people of and then only now start to attempt to fix the damage it caused.

And yeah I won't deny this update starts to fix some issues. However 2k recent positive ones is nothing. The patch was still buggy as hell and put in a barebones form of multiplayer.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-15 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    More likely they would follow the common recommendation on Steam and go play Empyrion instead.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    More likely they would follow the common recommendation on Steam and go play Empyrion instead.
    I went for Subnautica personally. Love me some Underwater stuff.

To be honest when NMS gets it's shit together and the game is fixed fully I'll probably pick it up for £10-15.

For me the damage is done and has been done for a while.

HG and murry basically lied to get their game more sales. They over hyped their own game. Lied about what was there at launch and I simply cannot support that no matter how much they patch in a year or more later.

I just can't support that kind of game development. There will be no hello games in my future that I can see and as for murry. I can only hope I don't see his name attached to something I'm interested in because that would be a quick way to get me to not buy it.

I dont like the fact that they added like 200 types of things to collect now and yet kept stacking at the same size.

Had to find a new base cause update caused my base to rotate into itself ended up making it on an ice planet with increased sentinel activity so I could make some glass structures.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Had to find a new base cause update caused my base to rotate into itself.

...sooo...did your base turn into a singularity?
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    ...sooo...did your base turn into a singularity?
    The pod or what ever you call it, that contains the teleporter and stuff like was stuck in the rest of the base and I wasn't sure what Id lose if I deleted my vaults and stuff so just built a base on a new planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Doesn't matter how much some of us may enjoy it. We are always going to have the same group of people in here that go. "But his interviewsssssssssssssss..........."
    I don't know about you but I remember when someone tells outright lies to sell a product.

Well i loaded it up and patched it and gave it a shot and honestly its just a bad, just now theres more UI thats garish and doesnt match the rest -probably made by someone else- that tells you what to do.

I can understand the people that still want it to be some 'but you can do anything!' game being overly hopeful but you start a new game and get a window saying "i dont remember how i got here i need to fix this ship". So the 'story' is you are amnesiac and know nothing so go out and explore.

Yyyep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I don't know about you but I remember when someone tells outright lies to sell a product.
    I do as well. But they are actively trying to improve the product. Which is commendable for myself. I personally don't dwell on it, if they are trying to fix it. But it is fairly annoying to see 'discussion' in this thread when it's 3-4 people arguing back and forth over the same talking point. Like they didn't do it for the past 150 pages of this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I can understand the people that still want it to be some 'but you can do anything!' game being overly hopeful but you start a new game and get a window saying "i dont remember how i got here i need to fix this ship". So the 'story' is you are amnesiac and know nothing so go out and explore. Yyyep.
    That has always been the story. So what you are calling the story elements added in the patch is how the game always started. The first story mission is given to you after jumping a few star systems. If you are going to hate on the game don't rehash hate from day 1. This is what someone was referring to earlier. All of these people that just come here to hate on the game and constantly discuss hatred toward the game that literally offer nothing new. You are just a terrible troll at this point.

Go seek mental help if you still feel compelled to discuss something you hate this long after. The game has improved by leaps and bounds since release and this patch is great.

- - - Updated - - -

I do as well. But they are actively trying to improve the product. Which is commendable for myself. I personally don't dwell on it, if they are trying to fix it. But it is fairly annoying to see 'discussion' in this thread when it's 3-4 people arguing back and forth over the same talking point. Like they didn't do it for the past 150 pages of this thread.
    The amount of effort they have put into a product that was received terrible is amazing. They created a months long Augmented reality game. It even featured an escape room in New York for people that showed up to the meeting spot revealed as part of the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Well, I don't know if it wasn't so blatant I would have probably gotten over it, hell I may have even given the game a try at some point. I am completely uninterested because I know the types of decisions the company is capable of making. I had no hopes on the game, I didn't really follow it. Multiplayer, no multiplayer. It doesn't matter to me honestly. But to tell people it's there but it's so massive that you will probably never see anyone with that stupid ass smirk and then have people purposefully try and figure out you are full of shit and say NOTHING about all of the shit going on for how long? Yeah fuck that developer, I will never give them a penny. They will do it again if they can, they might not just be so bold about it this time.

If you like it, good on you. I just don't want to support a developer that acts like that, there are mistakes and we are all capable of them. Then there is what he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I#m far more tempted to pick this up soon, I actually didn't hte what little I played. Ofc that doesnt excuse all the bullshit, but I think they deserve a chance, that Murray guy was public enemy number one.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Well, I don't know if it wasn't so blatant I would have probably gotten over it, hell I may have even given the game a try at some point. I am completely uninterested because I know the types of decisions the company is capable of making. I had no hopes on the game, I didn't really follow it. Multiplayer, no multiplayer. It doesn't matter to me honestly. But to tell people it's there but it's so massive that you will probably never see anyone with that stupid ass smirk and then have people purposefully try and figure out you are full of shit and say NOTHING about all of the shit going on for how long? Yeah fuck that developer, I will never give them a penny. They will do it again if they can, they might not just be so bold about it this time.

If you like it, good on you. I just don't want to support a developer that acts like that, there are mistakes and we are all capable of them. Then there is what he did.
    Well their actions prove they were humbled and actually improve the game, giving major overhauls, adding new system and improving experience. They could just do like Ubisoft with For Honor and shit on that game after the sales. Hell, they made a shitton of money from sales.

And yet, people are more willing to buy anything from Ubi or Konami that from Hello Games, which made one mistake and then try to amend it.

15+ Year Old Account
    The new synthetic worlds are cool and have small blurbs about sentinels/lore. They really did a good job with Waking Titan when combined with the new stuff. Is a screenshot of one I'm exploring.

"Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I dont like the fact that they added like 200 types of things to collect now and yet kept stacking at the same size.
    I'm sure you've probably seen it by now (and I wanted to reply earlier but I was on a "Forum Vacation"... if you know what I mean! >_<

While they didn't change stack sizes - they DID give us a ton of new cargo space! The new purchasable cargo hold space in your exosuit (25 slots that stack exactly the same as your ship slots do) also, the addition of technology slots (12) in both your exosuit and any new ship you get also helps greatly!

I'll be honest and say that I've rarely ever run into an inventory problem yet having taken advantage of all this extra space.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Funny thing about it is that when it stops the thread goes dark until the next patch.
    Usually that's because we end up just getting tired of the back/forth of it all and just go back to playing our game - or actually go to the very-much-alive Reddit forum where we're busy sharing all our cool discoveries. :P

That said, I've more than forgiven them as they've clearly pushed forward a tremendous amount of content to both a) fix/add in what was promised and b) give us a TON more content... all for absolutely free. Did Mlleneaux ever do that with any of the Fable games? Has ANYONE done that ever? Shit... even Blizzard hasn't added in the arial dogfighting that was on the smegging box of Wrath of the Lich King! :P Most companies would've made these purchasable DLC - especially something like Atlas Rising as this feels more like a complete reinvention/overhaul than an expansion! I'd almost argue it was "No Man's Sky 2".