Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    MUS_73_MacAree_GeneralWalk_1720472.mp3 is delicious

I don't like this at all. It sounds like generic epic fantasy music with a dark tone. It's bombastic, overly loud, and probably won't add anything to the atmosphere whatsoever.

What happens to the art of subtlety? Through most of WoW's history, its music has been somewhat subdued most of the time and has been there to add ambience, not to turn the whole darn thing into a Hollywood movie. This is ridiculous.

EDIT: Doing some comparisons now. Most of the battle music in Antorus is less bombastic than the general walk music in the open world. What the fuck?! Is this mislabelled? I hope it is.
    Last edited by Ishayu; 2017-08-15 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    Would it kill them to make the RAID music epic and boss battle like?

Listen to how dull and boring the Burning Throne track is. :/

Everything else is awesome though.
    Firelands boss music was friggin awesome, as well as the 2nd boss in Maw of Souls
    Eagerly waiting one expansion at a time for the Tinker/Mechanic/Engineer class since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    I don't like this at all. It sounds like generic epic fantasy music with a dark tone. It's bombastic, overly loud, and probably won't add anything to the atmosphere whatsoever.

What happens to the art of subtlety? Through most of WoW's history, its music has been somewhat subdued most of the time and has been there to add ambience, not to turn the whole darn thing into a Hollywood movie. This is ridiculous.

EDIT: Doing some comparisons now. Most of the battle music in Antorus is less bombastic than the general walk music in the open world. What the fuck?! Is this mislabelled? I hope it is.
    Yeah we get it you don't like Orchestral Music, but some other might. I am one of them.

Also your taste in this music i find generic.

PTR-Build-24829
    PTR-Build-24829
    PTR-Build-248/29

7.3 confirmed August 29

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Yeah we get it you don't like Orchestral Music, but some other might. I am one of them.

Also your taste in this music i find generic.
    You know nothing about my taste other than what I have told you, which is virtually nothing.

At no point did I say I dislike orchestral music. WoW's vanilla soundtrack is also orchestral, but I liked that, so yeah...

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is amazing

Does anyone hear in Krokuun_battlefield some bits of music from warcraft 2? When khadgar closes portal with skull of Gul'Dan.

After rehearing, it is quite obvious.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-08-15 at 07:41 PM.

How hauntingly....

....generic.

You know nothing about my taste other than what I have told you, which is virtually nothing.

At no point did I say I dislike orchestral music. WoW's vanilla soundtrack is also orchestral, but I liked that, so yeah...
    And i disagree with that completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    And i disagree with that completely.
    All the statements I made in that post are factual. They describe what I have told you and what I haven't told you. Opinions don't factor into it.

So unless you disagree with observable reality, I don't understand what you're saying here.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    wonderfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Underhoe View Post
    No doubt they are beautiful. Yet I can't help but feel like I'm listening to a movie score. Every piece has the same semi-slow build-up until they peak and the melody descends slowly again. Plus there's no variety in instruments either, I noticed every piece commonly uses string instruments like violin, to add the necessary dramatic feel I suppose. Alas, they sound extremely one dimensional, I wouldn't be able to guess which zone has which music as they all sound the same to me.

I wish they'd go back to the simpler ambient tracks they used throughout most of TBC. They were subtle yet added so much more character to each zone. This patch could have been the perfect opportunity to experiment with those electronical spacey sounds once again. Oh well.
    Couldn't agree more. They've gone this route of making these sophisticated, bombastic pieces that attempt to elevate the content to "cinematic" levels, and it just comes across as super cheesy. The best stuff they did were the generally ambient pieces from Vanilla/TBC/WoTLK (With the exception of Icecrown). Very disappointed with these. I also expected a general level of creepiness given the subject of the content, but instead it's all just kind of soulless and same-y. Alas, those days are long gone. I don't think we're going to get pieces like that again. Just keep churning out these flat orchestral pieces to infuse your game with a heightened level of seriousness so you inspire as many people as possible to press control + M.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    this is beyond words good. 7.3 is coming for 3.3's title of best patch ever.

that antorus music...HOLY SHIT! I love how he's revamped the Legion theme in so many different ways, reminds me of how the music in Icecrown became the iconic ICC music. Really well done. This is a final battle for sure.
    Good to see someone else appreciating it as much as i have.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestAnthony View Post
    Firelands boss music was friggin awesome, as well as the 2nd boss in Maw of Souls
    WoW doesn't have dynamic music, the zone music for those raids just happened to play a part you liked during those bosses.

And they should definitely work on that, FFXIV is beating them in that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    this is beyond words good. 7.3 is coming for 3.3's title of best patch ever.

that antorus music...HOLY SHIT! I love how he's revamped the Legion theme in so many different ways, reminds me of how the music in Icecrown became the iconic ICC music. Really well done. This is a final battle for sure.
    This is the same threat, that created the scourge, and caused almost 99% of WoW to occur, after all.

While the Void Lords/Old Gods still exist, The Legion is going to remain as the only "TRUE" Threat we've ever faced in WoW. They just did more, to effect me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    WoW doesn't have dynamic music, the zone music for those raids just happened to play a part you liked during those bosses.

I know what you're talking about, I just don't see why you think this.

WoW does have dynamic music. It's just, sometimes they reuse music from past patches/expansions. That, or the music isn't exciting enough to make it seem amazing.

Ulduar and ICC Had music that fit the Theme, and made it all seem unique/dymanic. It make everything sound badass. And it FIT!

Cata had good music, but some of it either died out, or it wasn't memorable enough to care. The only music that really got me for Cata was both Druids of the Flame, the end time dungeon music (And even those got bland).

MoP had good music, but some of it got reused for its raids. (SoO is a main example, for using some of its 5.1 theme). And, while most of the tracks did get its dynamic stuff (Like ToT), the threats weren't memorable, since they were either new/unknown villains, or they didn't post that big of a "Known" threat.

WoD just reused its 7.0 Music for its own raids. It wasn't memorable. Oh, and Tanaan wasn't good either. :/

Legion did re-use its own music in some cases (Like NH, and The Emerald Nightmare, for examples), but it did change. At the end of ToS, Kil'jaeden's theme was mainly used in the boss encounter. And for the final boss encounter only. Sure, it reused the TBC music, but it was alright for what it was.

However, here, we just turn 180 degree's in terms of music. Argus is amazing. Antorus' tracks are exciting, battle infusing, chaotic, and crazy. It's dynamic enough for it to live up to the "Final" in final battle, at Argus. However, it's not chaotic enough to feel too over the top. It's the perfect mix of badass, and amazing. Hell, it even bring up some Relentless vibes. And, it makes sense. Relentless was the 7.0 Legion music. So, it's a nice touch that they did such. Argus also has calm, and collective music, as well as sad and tragic music. Hell, when Questing on Argus, it felt like you were either in an Army of light Area, or in space, or in a Legion area, fighting their infinite might. It's a perfect mix of amazing songs, that fits up to the hype of Argus, perfectly. If anything, these tracks only add up too the 7.3 hype, due to how amazing they are.

They're memorable, which is the most important part of it all. And that's a good thing. While ICC, and Ulduar had their cool moments. Legion just hits all the notes perfectly.

This is a peasant's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

Yeah fair point, I mostly raid with spotify on because of that. Also, Jesus that video was awesome.
    Eagerly waiting one expansion at a time for the Tinker/Mechanic/Engineer class since 2010