Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post

On a serious note, go the official way if you want to remove public stuff. Everyone is on edge right now, but statue standing there, smashed or not, it won't bring that woman back.
    I think this meme is missing the point entirely. It's not a participation trophy. They are statues that symbolize a bloody conflict that people died in. Why should that be erased?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Trump in general has unhinged the left wing in this country. Doesn't help MSN is just stoking the fire.
    They have been unhinged for a long time. They were just busy for 8 years batting their eyelashes at Obama, the worst president in US history.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post

There is a wellspring of ways to criticize and condemn Nazis, KKK, and White Supremacists. One need not use lies to do so. These groups are most assuredly hatemongers, as you said.
    That's an annoying tactic. It's something that's gotten way out of hand in the USA on the political scale. While I didn't like many of the policies from the last several administrations, and the current, there was always ample factual issues to criticizes. Fabricating bullshit doesn't do any real good.

Hate groups, like those you listed, have gigantic lists of atrocities, embellishing or fabricating any isn't required and makes those who do look foolish and ignorant.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I don't understand the logic of destroying monuments. You can't erase the past, only hide it. Only people who hide things are either: ashamed or embarrassed.
    If you don't understand something, ask - don't make idiotic assumptions and statements that are nonsensical. Taking down a monument isn't hiding the past. It's NOT celebrating it in a memorial.

Also, shameful to destroy a monument. It's dedicated to lives lost or accomplishments, not their ideology
    So let's put up Hitler monuments to dedicate their accomplishments? Or are you done suggesting that celebrating slavery is a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    They have been unhinged for a long time. They were just busy for 8 years batting their eyelashes at Obama, the worst president in US history.
    Several people I respect use that qualifier and depending on the metric they're certainly right.

That being said, the worst thing about that particular presidency is coming to light currently and blame rests on the people. The lack of accountability from us, to the media, and on up to DC has created the environment we're in currently. While I'd love to blame the Obama Administration all day long, the truth is that "we" let it happen. MSNBC, CNN, and the ilk got away with doing nothing but being on their knees for 8 years.

Consider that most of the people who are marching at these protests on the left were 10-18 when he took office. They know practically nothing about society beyond what they've been fed, and the time in which they were served came at one of the largest pools of bullshit propaganda since the cold war.

Boggles my mind ehy cops let Anti fa any where NEAR the rallygoers, you knwo they only atagonize and attack. Why have them so close lol. That group should be as far as possible from the rally lol

I love people who have never opened a history book, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I think it's a good thing we are tearing down these monuments to historic Democrats who started a civil war by leaving the union.

I think the Democrats tearing them down should admit who these people were though.
    I'll admit: they're Democrats that would be GoP voters if they were alive today.

You don't even need a history book. Bush has clearly been the most disastrous US president in quite a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I love people who have never opened a history book, lol.
    Again, it completely is dependent upon the metric by which one measures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    You don't even need a history book. Bush has clearly been the most disastrous US president in quite a long time.
    Please see other comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    So melodramatic.
    "As the Sheriff, I am not blind to the offensive conduct of some demonstrators nor will I ignore their criminal conduct."

“My deputies showed great restraint and respect for the constitutional rights of the group expressing their anger and disgust for recent events in our country. Racism and incivility have no place in our country or Durham.”

https://archive.is/cf1HX

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Again, it completely is dependent upon the metric by which one measures.
    I would love to see the measuring stick that was used.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

the worst president in US history.
    You leave Harding and Johnson out of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    No, Trump > Obama > Bush, in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I would love to see the measuring stick that was used.
    Well, one would look at the foreign relations both at a political level as well as a social, the national social unrest, the economy, passed or denied legislation, and blunders or scandals and by extent ramifications for all.

Deleted
    Ah. The hate-driven Left fighting against historical facts as usual.

Savages, vandals and barbarians who deserve even less respect than slaveowners.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You've been missed TJ! I see the *woke*-ness is still strong in you. Are you aware that a new person occupies both the white house and the above title?

I'm sure the same people that were upset and this monument to hate coming down were just as upset when that car plowed though those protesters killing one. Yes?

Tear that statue down baby! /cheer

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Well, one would look at the foreign relations both at a political level as well as a social, the national social unrest, the economy, passed or denied legislation, and blunders or scandals and by extent ramifications for all.
    And then an explanation for why presidents who have been much worse in all of these aspects somehow aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    I'm sure the same people that were upset and this monument to hate coming down were just as upset when that car plowed though those protesters killing one. Yes?

Tear that statue down baby! /cheer
    Once again 2 wrongs don't make a right. Violence begets violence.