Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wtf are these metrics? Embarrassed to release data on subs for Legion all of a sudden? Looks like cherry-picking data for the shareholders.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    these hounds looks very cool like the real hellhounds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I went and actually looked it up. 800k accounts created ever. So about 5000-8000 people playing at once (and I'm being generous) at any given time. Soooo many people!
    800k account =\= active player

see how is different by blizzard actually, and correct, method to track players?

also 30% of the account on nost are hacked and turned in gold spam bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Wtf are these metrics? Embarrassed to release data on subs for Legion all of a sudden? Looks like cherry-picking data for the shareholders.
    they been doing this since WoD, i think if i remember correctly they stop giving sub numbers at the middle of that expansion. And now they just report this.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    I do wonder where they take the information about wow from; "World of Warcraft time spent grew year over year, and Legion continues to outperform the prior expansion." Is it just played time or do they actually think people LIKE the game right now?
    OFC WE SPEND A LOT OF HOURS ON THE GRIND FEST THAT IS LEGION.. Outperform my ass when you have to play every hour of everyday to stay competitive.. (do not correct me)
    Always find posts like this hilarious. "Wow! HOW COULD THEY EVEN THINK PEOPLE LIKE THIS GAME? WE ONLY PLAY IT FOR HOURS AND HOURS EVERY DAY!!?!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    Yes, the majority of players do want that. How many active players did Nostralis have again?.
    100k. from over the 120 million people that have played since Vanilla. So.. less than 0.1%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    There are less than 50 people on my realm outside of prime time and wowprogress lists population at 3k. I hope you can do the math yourself.
    Please tell me you didn't do /who, see "50 players online" and think that was all the players.

If so fucking LOL!

Deleted
    You just said the same thing I did?
    Yep but better say the same thing in different way so everybody can understand

No matter what WoW is doing with their game, if people didn't like the content, they wouldn't be doing it at all.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Always find posts like this hilarious. "Wow! HOW COULD THEY EVEN THINK PEOPLE LIKE THIS GAME? WE ONLY PLAY IT FOR HOURS AND HOURS EVERY DAY!!?!"

- - - Updated - - -

100k. from over the 120 million people that have played since Vanilla. So.. less than 0.1%

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me you didn't do /who, see "50 players online" and think that was all the players.

If so fucking LOL!
    It was 150k. 150k isn't impressive for a completely random server hosted by random guys?. And are you seriously comparing it to vanilla's success?. The ignorance is rather strong here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    lol and what was the rewarding part of Vanilla wow????? if you where on any guild that did the current raid you stuck on doing the last raid that was release.
    And god forsake those ugly 40m raid where you need to deal with 10 idiots that didnt know mechanics or 5 ppl that go AFK for no reason.

yeah Vanilla rocks -.-

Plus i dont care about logging and be rdy for raid. i have 0 issues with the current model of AP grind since is easy to do it logging 2hs each day and doing WQ and 2 or 3 M+ making sure you just do a plus 15 at the end of the week to get Max ap from it and good gear.

I agree that WoD was bad but literrally it was like playing a phone app. But dont come and tell me Vanilla was good when it wasnt by far.
    If vanilla wasn't good, WoW wouldn't still exist and easily dominate over a decade later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Not more than WoW. It's also free.
    If you're comparing it to current WoW even though you know it's circumstances(run by random guys, everything can die overnight, zero advertisement compared to Blizzard as a company, unreliable and endless other factors) then you must have some serious mental disorders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable Poster View Post
    12k people on 5 server, 2 of them are nearly dead.

Congratuwelldone.

rofl 700k
    150k actually. A simple research will prove you wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't it peaked at something round 700k?
    800k accounts created, 150k active players. Don't pay attention to "Valuable Poster", the guy is a nutcase.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was 150k. 150k isn't impressive for a completely random server hosted by random guys?. And are you seriously comparing it to vanilla's success?. The ignorance is rather strong here.
    Not at all, just find it hilarious when people screech "BUT VANILLA SERVERS ARE WHAT THE PLAYERS WANT!" When it is a tiny tiny tiny percentage of people that ever played WoW even touch Vanilla Private servers.

Not at all, just find it hilarious when people screech "BUT VANILLA SERVERS ARE WHAT THE PLAYERS WANT!" When it is a tiny tiny tiny percentage of people that ever played WoW even touch Vanilla Private servers.
    Are you being willfully ignorant? There are many factors as to why Vanilla private servers have less population than an officially supported one would potentially have:
    - People are hesitant to invest hundreds (or thousands) of hours on a server that can be shut down with no notice.
    - The entire population is forced onto a small number of servers, meaning the more popular a private server becomes the less stable and enjoyable it becomes. This is exacerbated when multiple regions are forced together. (A prime example being Nost with Chinese vs Western players friction.)
    - Some features, skills or encounters are re-implemented based on guesswork and sometimes don't work correctly. Typically this effort is duplicated over and over as each private server competes to be more accurate (or have other features) so they don't want to share their codebase.
    - You need to download an old version of the game from a torrent or third party site. Many people aren't comfortable doing that.
    - Lack of dedicated support and accountability by those that run the server.
    - Servers that develop a clique around the admins or offer gear in return for donations are a big turn off.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Deleted

150k actually. A simple research will prove you wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

800k accounts created, 150k active players. Don't pay attention to "Valuable Poster", the guy is a nutcase.
    Pure bullshit, you need to learn how to research.

Googling "nostlarius active player" is like Googling for vax

Stop please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Are you being willfully ignorant? There are many factors as to why Vanilla private servers have less population than an officially supported one would potentially have:
    - People are hesitant to invest hundreds (or thousands) of hours on a server that can be shut down with no notice.
    - The entire population is forced onto a small number of servers, meaning the more popular a private server becomes the less stable and enjoyable it becomes. This is exacerbated when multiple regions are forced together. (A prime example being Nost with Chinese vs Western players friction.)
    - Some features, skills or encounters are re-implemented based on guesswork and sometimes don't work correctly. Typically this effort is duplicated over and over as each private server competes to be more accurate (or have other features) so they don't want to share their codebase.
    - You need to download an old version of the game from a torrent or third party site. Many people aren't comfortable doing that.
    - Lack of dedicated support and accountability by those that run the server.
    - Servers that develop a clique around the admins or offer gear in return for donations are a big turn off.
    Theres also a lot of Reasons the servers see Population that would never support real Vanilla servers.

-They are Free.
    -They generally have bonuses like EXP boosts which make the Vanilla experience easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Pure bullshit, you need to learn how to research.

Googling "nostlarius active player" is like Googling for vax

Stop please.
    The Nost Devs posted the 150k numbers.

Deleted

The Nost Devs posted the 150k numbers.
    Very Interesting

But

Why so Elysium have like 6k pve and 7k pvp players?

Maybe because 150k wasn't the real number?

10+ Year Old Account
    Very Interesting

But

Why so Elysium have like 6k pve and 7k pvp players?

Maybe because 150k wasn't the real number?

It wasn't 150k online at once it was 150k active accounts, and active is a broad term that could just be logging in once a month or twice a year who knows, but yes elysium does have 6-9k online at once while Nostalrius had closer to 10-11k pre shut down announcement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    It wasn't 150k online at once it was 150k active accounts, and active is a broad term that could just be logging in once a month or twice a year who knows, but yes elysium does have 6-9k online at once while Nostalrius had closer to 10-11k pre shut down announcement.
    Perfect so we confirmed that 800k or 150k are bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    800k at total, 150k active (logged at least once) for last month of Nost. But yes, there were players all over the world, of course they didn't play concurrently.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post

Wonder if that will be 7.4 or New Expac? I guess they mostly save their Expac announcements at Blizzcon...
    Legion was announced at gamescon
    blizzard has been excited for this gamescon
    and even said it would be the best one they have ever done.
    and with legion having been announced, at one, they would need to do something even bigger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixia View Post
    The what ? Oh you mean the Blizzard app !
    no, its name has been changed... Its called the blizzard battle.net platform now.
    People complained none stop about nostalgia and blizzard brought battle.net back.
    the patch to change back has just not rolled out yet
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Perfect so we confirmed that 800k or 150k are bullshit.
    Just like Legion doesn't have 5M (or whatever the number is) players online all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post

I agree that WoD was bad but literrally it was like playing a phone app. But dont come and tell me Vanilla was good when it wasnt by far.
    Well.. some players just want MMO and RPG game. Which current game is not.

Deleted
    You failing to understand what ACTIVE accounts mean, does not imply the 800k or 150k are bullshit..
    You fail to understand HOW ACTIVE ACCOUNT are checked.

On nostl/elysium there are max 15k account active after the launch. NOT the 800k or 150k bs that people continue to throw like a tantrum, account created =\= account ACTIVE and even if there were 100k active account the first weeks it doesn't matter.

They can cherry pick what they want to make more people or Chinese bot to create account but they don't have obbligation like blizzard to his investor to give real precise data.

No 150k no 800k, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by akse View Post
    Just like Legion doesn't have 5M (or whatever the number is) players online all the time.
    We don't have data so it is better to not give any absolute statement.
    Last edited by mmoc61c8e925d2; 2017-08-16 at 08:31 AM.

Deleted
    People get so emotional over these kind of FACTS. It's just facts being posted , don't tear up so fast , it doesn't matter how you feel.