Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The Dixiecrats abandoned the party decades ago. It's almost like the party is different today. And I seriously doubt that the protesters removing statues today are thinking "we have to retroactively make Democrats look better" or something. It's a stain on the nation's past, not just Democrats.

Also, one party right now is actively trying to suppress minority voters: if someone was interested in maintaining a Jim Crow-style paradigm, who the hell do you think they would vote for? You think the historical Democrats that created the racist system would be voting for the party of Obama and (according to right-wingers) BLM?
    The Dixecrats left the Democratic party? I'm pretty sure that all but 2 "dixecrats" helped create the "New Democratic" party. Where do people get the dixecrats left the Democratic party...ever? I hear this a lot and from everything I can find to read it just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    /snort, right - all those ACLU bigots. Man, you just live in your own little world, eh?

You're intellectual dishonesty is already on record, so you don't have to continue to repeat it. It is entertaining, though, so keep at it.

Democrats, as they are known today, we're not part of creating slavery. Whatever their name was back then has nothing to do with what they are today. Just like with Republicans. You've been told this a few thousand times, but it's adorable that you have this cute little word-play that you use any time you feel like you aren't getting enough attention.
    I have yet to call you names or insult you. Are your points so weak that they need to be delivered with insults to have any effect? Why not just make a stronger argument, and remain civil instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    What are you on about? The Southern Strategy PALES in comparison to ACTUAL BIGOTRY, SLAVERY, AND LYNCHINGS! HELLO!
    So you think the Democrats that did those killings in the 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s, would vote Democrat now? Are you FUCKING HIGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Some witter users? Democrat politicians pandering to minorities isn't demonizing white people. Much like Republicans pandering to white people isn't racism.

But if that's true then we can dispel the notion that the Democrats are the same party of jim crow and slavery.
    no he means "teh left"tm which is a wide enough term for his insipid comment to have SOME grain of truth in it.

Still doesn't explain why modern white nationalists flock to the Republican party. Again, the same ones that still follow the ideologies of jim crow, slavery, nazism etc.
    OF COURSE racists don't vote for the mega diversity over all else party. But, that says nothing of the RNC, just the DNC. These people are not being courted, no matter what delusions you people are engaging in. There aren't even enough of them in the whole fucking country to swing ONE district, let alone a presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    You don't even need a history book. Bush has clearly been the most disastrous US president in quite a long time.
    Trump: "Hold my beer"

10+ Year Old Account
    OF COURSE racists don't vote for the mega diversity over all else party. But, that says nothing of the RNC, just the DNC. These people are not being courted, no matter what delusions you people are engaging in. There aren't even enough of them in the whole fucking country to swing ONE district, let alone a presidency.
    You can thank gerrymandering for that. But anyways yeah your theory is wrong. Democrats of old = slavery/Jim Crow, Modern day racists = slavery/jim crow, modern day racists vote republican. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Traitors? Can I get some context on this? Also not all were racist.
    Robert E. Lee was a racist. Jefferson Davis was a racist and a child molester who raped his underaged slaves.

The Confederacy openly rebelled against the United States of America. They are traitors who were committing treason. The only reason their leaders didn't get hung from the gallows was because Lincoln let them off easy.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Again with your ignorance. Here. Just one of a thousand articles explaining how you're wrong.
    If you can't stop calling me names, I'm just going to put you on ignore. I don't mind disagreeing but, if you are just insulting me and offering zero intellectual benefit, then it's just not worth the time.

Deleted
    I do not realy care for the statue, but it is intresting as a philosophical question.... are you willing to do this to a precedent, if a statue can be linked to slavery, and refusal to obey the capital, are you allow to desecrate it as much as you want?

If you say yes, then no staty of Washington is safe, nor most of the famous native americans chiefs, becuse they did have slaves and did refusale to obey the capital.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    It's not about poltical party, it's about conservative ideology. Conservatives are both the supporters of slavery and pandering to racists.
    What are you on about? Bigotry is NOT on the politician spectrum. Throughout history, it has lived in all places, under all government types. Hell, the worst racist in history, Hitler, could not have been more left leaning, else he would have fallen off the spectrum. It's just counter factual to say bigotry can be found only on one side.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Sexist then. Still a discriminatory practice that the left loves.
    So do you also oppose Affirmative Action when a white male gets a job or position via his connections instead of his ability?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to call you names or insult you. Are your points so weak that they need to be delivered with insults to have any effect? Why not just make a stronger argument, and remain civil instead?
    Ah, on to Phase 3 of your posting style - excellent form. Well done.

It's not our fault that you're intellectually dishonest - and just as an fyi, telling someone what they are isn't name calling. You guys on the right never seem to understand that.

Let me know when you're read that article - knowledge is the path to honesty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh great, the woke independents are back, and they're still pushing dishonest nonsense.

You can thank gerrymandering for that. But anyways yeah your theory is wrong. Democrats of old = slavery/Jim Crow, Modern day racists = slavery/jim crow, modern day racists vote republican. Case closed.
    Jim Crow was abolished with the Democrats that passed those laws. What in the world are you on about now? There are factually zero laws on the books now that are discriminatory.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    I do not realy care for the statue, but it is intresting as a philosophical question.... are you willing to do this to a precedent, if a statue can be linked to slavery, and refusal to obey the capital, are you allow to desecrate it as much as you want?
    No philosophy needed what they did was vandalism and they should have gone through the proper channel to have the statue removed we have laws for a reason.

anyway, this talk about how it's only the democrats that care about race or "idenity politrics" is hilarious at best and fucking stupid at worst given the GOP brand has always been "white christian conservative middle america is precious and we need to maintain it at all costs!" so who fuck cares other than the partisan hacks.

What are you on about? Bigotry is NOT on the politician spectrum. Throughout history, it has lived in all places, under all government types. Hell, the worst racist in history, Hitler, could not have been more left leaning, else he would have fallen off the spectrum. It's just counter factual to say bigotry can be found only on one side.
    Yet Hitler hated communists and racial/cultural diversity. Currently the far-right loves Hitler's ideology, and are seeking a mono-racial ethnic state.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you can't stop calling me names, I'm just going to put you on ignore. I don't mind disagreeing but, if you are just insulting me and offering zero intellectual benefit, then it's just not worth the time.
    Shout when you've read the article so you can stop mislabeling things and get the facts right. We'll wait.

And it's not a matter of disagreeing, it's a matter of you being wrong. No insults, just being honest. If you can't handle people explaining to you why and how you're wrong, perhaps you're in the wrong place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Oh, a race bait thread on MMO-C. Must be a day of the week that ends in y.
    That must be every thread on this forum. Oh wait. It's not. Race is just an issue that permeates every topic on this forum because nobody shuts the fuck up about it.