Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    you know exactly what i'm talking about
    No not really.

I recommended someone try a game. How is that rude?

Please stick to the topic at hand rather than calling out people for no reason at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, he DID have a ring. But no, that's not what was causing it. He'd just stop and evade all attacks while spamming a PBAoE for a while. Which is fine, not a particularly new mechanic, but he'd just keep doing it over and over. Unless I was missing something that would stop him from doing that, it seems like it'd be hard to actually win within the timer.
    At a guess must have been bugged. Is a demo weekend to be fair.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-14 at 03:03 AM.

Eleccybubb you can go fuck your self i have no tolerance for your kind of creepy shit

you can go ahead and ban me now mods

Please post productively and respectfully. There is no need for insults. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-08-14 at 07:29 AM.

Eleccybubb you can go fuck your self i have no tolerance for your kind of creepy shit

Any specific reason you want to insult me rather than discuss the topic? For my own curiosity.

I asked you how telling someone to try the game is rude. Do you have an answer for it or not?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-14 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Any specific reason you want to insult me rather than discuss the topic? For my own curiosity.

I asked you how telling someone to try the game is rude. Do you have an answer for it or not?
    He mentioned slip mat so I'm guessing you posted something to gyrados on the rift forum then again here
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    He mentioned slip mat so I'm guessing you posted something to gyrados on the rift forum then again here
    Can't say I remember. Has actually been a while since I posted in that forum.

I told him to try GW2 that's all and apparently that is rude.

I tell people to try Rift as well but wouldn't recommend it as a full time game.

However this is getting off topic though so I'll just end it at this.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-14 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, he DID have a ring. But no, that's not what was causing it. He'd just stop and evade all attacks while spamming a PBAoE for a while. Which is fine, not a particularly new mechanic, but he'd just keep doing it over and over. Unless I was missing something that would stop him from doing that, it seems like it'd be hard to actually win within the timer.
    I think it might have bugged and the rings weren't showing. There is supposed to be a blueish ring on the floor with arrows that point either inwards or outwards. You have to stand in the area that the arrows are pointing towards to damage the boss.

10+ Year Old Account

Please post productively and respectfully. There is no need for insults. Infracted. -Edge
    Wow, you need to get off your high horse and come down a notch. @Eleccybubb was only stating facts and suggested a game to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Wow, you need to get off your high horse and come down a notch. @Eleccybubb was only stating facts and suggested a game to try.
    he stalks me like a loser i was just responding to his sick shit that he dose here just stay out of it

Meanwhile, back in "not crazy" world, anet posted a schedule of what's coming up:

• August 15 – Elite specializations developer diary video and blog
    • August 17 – Elite specializations on Guild Chat
    • August 18 – Elite specialization preview weekend begins
    • August 28 – Mount Week begins
    • September 3 – Crystal Desert and Story Week begins
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

he stalks me like a loser i was just responding to his sick shit that he dose here just stay out of it
    Telling someone to try a game is "sick shit"?

Uhm ok then I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Meanwhile, back in "not crazy" world, anet posted a schedule of what's coming up:

• August 15 – Elite specializations developer diary video and blog
    • August 17 – Elite specializations on Guild Chat
    • August 18 – Elite specialization preview weekend begins
    • August 28 – Mount Week begins
    • September 3 – Crystal Desert and Story Week begins
    Yeah the schedule for PoF is insane. Arenanet are really good with Schedules. To be honest I might get it next month with F1 2017. Gives me a couple of games to play on top of WoW.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-15 at 02:01 AM.

Developer diaries for the elite specs have been posted:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/d...ecializations/
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

If you want people to stay out of it, don't post this kind of stuff in a public forum. That's what private messaging is for. If you have a valid complaint, take it up with the proper people. If you post something publicly, you can't reasonably expect people not to chime in, especially on the internet.

On topic, I have to say the expansion news has definitely me back into this game, and that schedule will definitely do a lot in keeping people interested.

Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    If you want people to stay out of it, don't post this kind of stuff in a public forum. That's what private messaging is for. If you have a valid complaint, take it up with the proper people. If you post something publicly, you can't reasonably expect people not to chime in, especially on the internet.

On topic, I have to say the expansion news has definitely me back into this game, and that schedule will definitely do a lot in keeping people interested.
    More curious as to what I did tbf. Never spoke to him directly other than quoting.

Ah well. Yeah the amount of news Arenanet are pumping out is insane. They have always been pretty decent at press and advertisement. Trailers however they've always lacked in that imo.

I think they learned from the last Expansion announcement how to pace their news and revealings. With HoT it was way too spread out over a long period of time.

Didn't spend a whole lot of time tinkering with the demo stuff...barely at all, really, for I had stuff to do IRL once I got to the gates of Amnoon or whatever that town was where you first run into Kasmeer and Rytlock (spoiler tagged just in case someone didn't get to try the demo). What little I did try, though, convinced me of a couple of things:

- Elementalist is almost like riding a bicycle for me (made a Norn ele for the lulz). Probably a result of the facts that 1. I played ele for years and 2. the lower number of skills/hotkeys needed to play (this is not meant as a slight). I didn't quite have all of my water staff skills fully memorized, but I did have the rest down pretty pat, lol.

- The raptor, at least, seems well suited for this game. While I'm one of many who have thought that GW2 doesn't really *need* mounts, I'm more than happy to welcome them. They aren't going to break the game design-wise. The animations for the raptor, at least, were pretty gnarly. I like that they get some form of attack you can use, even if it does dismount you. Not expecting to ever have full-on mounted combat, but having them be more than a method to travel faster is nice.

- Biggest takeaway for me: This has me convinced that when I do eventually play, I'm going to want to go through LS3 so I know what the heck is going on story-wise. Sure, I could do some reading or Youtubing, but where's the fun in that?

Can't wait to try weaver. If you've seen My Hero Academia, it reminds me of this:

I made my free level 80 an Elementalist just to be a weaver. My current ele is a tempest and I want to keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    I made my free level 80 an Elementalist just to be a weaver. My current ele is a tempest and I want to keep it that way.
    so many years and we still don't have save slots for builds

/sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    I think they learned from the last Expansion announcement how to pace their news and revealings. With HoT it was way too spread out over a long period of time.
    That's how it was for the game initially as well, though that was in part because the game kept getting pushed back further and further and further.

This info rollout is much better IMO. Even if I'm still not terribly excited by PoF, I can at least appreciate that they're not drip feeding us snippets of information like each is worthy of a major reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    so many years and we still don't have save slots for builds

/sigh
    I'd be so much more inclined to experiment with untested builds/try out other existing builds if I could keep a small handful (even 2-3) saved for easy quick swapping back to my base kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's how it was for the game initially as well, though that was in part because the game kept getting pushed back further and further and further.

This info rollout is much better IMO. Even if I'm still not terribly excited by PoF, I can at least appreciate that they're not drip feeding us snippets of information like each is worthy of a major reveal.
    "come join us for 9 weeks of elite specializations"

oh the memories