Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope it will either come out in September or late August.
    You could never know, but hopefully it will be out soon.
    For the Horde!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    September 22, to counter Guild Wars 2 expansion's launch.

It is their current method.

My money is on 29th/30th of this month.

100% 29th of August.

Yeah, I'm definitely sticking with my first guess. 22nd. We've had pre-patch stuff happen for two weeks now, with the Magni Scenario today, as predicted. If it was the 29th, something would have to happen next Tuesday.

Unless anyone has a good idea of what they could release if not the patch, please tell me.

August 22 or 29, 100% one of those dates. the 11 week cycle they've been on is the 29th for week 11 so I would say that is more than likely the release date than the 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    it is coming out the 29th, there is no debate.
    Clearly, there's a debate.

77 isn't some sort of holy Blizzard releases content when it's ready for release. They're not going to withhold it longer, just for some number that happened to occur a few times by chance.

The pre-patch events, and the PvP season end rewards, indicate it'll be the 22nd. So that remains my guess.

Fortunately, we won't have to wait long for an answer. It's only a week and we'll either be proven right, or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post

Nope. Heart of Thorns was October 15th 2015 and Blizzard did nothing then.

Considering the Muradin event just went live today I'm guessing August 29th. No way would they launch that event then make us wait a month.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post

Sorry but Guild Wars 2 is no competition for them. Guild wars is a b2p game that ppl buy and have on the side and play when they like. People won't drop their subscriptions, artifact grinding, mythic progression, TF and legendary grinding, just to play 24/7 Guild wars 2 new expansion. At least not many will. At most it will just be a side activity that people will do as a refreshment after all the grinding every week. Only real competition WoW has for its subs is FF XIV.

it is coming out the 29th, there is no debate.
    They've not given a 2 week notice for PvP yet - only a general soon notice. So 29th looks like a no go.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

So any guess on raid's release date?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    So any guess on raid's release date?
    Sometime in November I'd wager.

My bet was 29th, but with the events being added I'm starting to think that 22 might be it?

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Sorry but Guild Wars 2 is no competition for them. Guild wars is a b2p game that ppl buy and have on the side and play when they like. People won't drop their subscriptions, artifact grinding, mythic progression, TF and legendary grinding, just to play 24/7 Guild wars 2 new expansion. At least not many will. At most it will just be a side activity that people will do as a refreshment after all the grinding every week. Only real competition WoW has for its subs is FF XIV.
    And even then, FFXIV is pretty polarizing in its style. Whilst I do know people whom hate MMORPGs that play FFXIV, they all have in common that they're fans of the FF universe from previous games.

4 patches have released exactly 11 weeks apart. It's going to be the 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    My bet was 29th, but with the events being added I'm starting to think that 22 might be it?

And even then, FFXIV is pretty polarizing in its style. Whilst I do know people whom hate MMORPGs that play FFXIV, they all have in common that they're fans of the FF universe from previous games.
    Actually my gf's first experience was FF XIV. And I have met quite a few people in FF XIV that haven't played many of the other games. But c'mon now, WoW also got many millions of subs due to the popular RTS games. It's not like it randomly dropped as a new IP and everyone DIED to get it. Lel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Its not a theory, since it actually happened since 7.1. Coincedence? Seems unlikely.
    Coincidence? Very possibly.

Look, I love the 77 days theory, and it makes sense, but 3 or 4 patches doth not a pattern make in the grand scheme of things. It's just like the people who insisted that MOP would have a new class and no new race, because there was a firm established pattern that expansions alternate between a race and a class. Don't bank on something simply because of recent trends.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Coincidence? Very possibly.

Look, I love the 77 days theory, and it makes sense, but 3 or 4 patches doth not a pattern make in the grand scheme of things. It's just like the people who insisted that MOP would have a new class and no new race, because there was a firm established pattern that expansions alternate between a race and a class. Don't bank on something simply because of recent trends.
    Recent trends + blizzard statements about trying to be better at content updates, plus they've been quoted as saying 'we know you won't believe us but we're going to do content faster'. So far they've held to their word, I don't see that changing all that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    30th cause EU > NA
    THANK YOU
    /10char

Ah - you obviously didn't read my words .. I suggest trying it, reading words is the best thing ever

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Ah - you obviously didn't read my words .. I suggest trying it, reading words is the best thing ever
    As a wise man once said - "It's Bjoramier. He knows less than nothing."

Madness will consume you!!!