Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Damn, some people really think opening a can is hard without tools.

It really isn't.

Also canned food isn't even bad. Caqn't believe how picky some people are. A lot of it is actually really nice. Canned tunnas, canned vienna sausages, there is even canned soy meat for your vegetarian survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    do you not have can openers in germany? you know, the regular old cheap mechanical ones? baring that there is more then one way to open a can without a can opener
    The joke went so far over your head, I don't even see it anymore!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    And my response was a joke. A joke that it seems i need to explain to you.

The Video Game Series "Fallout" features survival bunkers called "Vaults". It also features "Raiders" that the player character routinely slaughters and loots.

Basically, when you and your "raiders" show up at my vault...we're going to kill you and take your stuff which we will then use to kill the next group of raiders.
    Shit, then you are one of the lucky that got into a "good" vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Shit, then you are one of the lucky that got into a "good" vault.
    Player Characters always get the least bad vaults.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Vault 111 was a pretty shitty one.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    In case of an apocalypse, we would instantly lose the ability to perform even the simplest tasks of modern everyday life.

So opening the can would be impossible.
    Most mystery meat cans come with either a key to peel the aluminum, or are pop-top cans. You would have to lose your hands to be unable to open them as even small kids can open them with ease. Also, if you are talking about normal cans, that's what hand cranked can openers are for.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Vault 111 was a pretty shitty one.
    Not really, Just a little cryogenics. The really shitty stuff only happened because of the Institute.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Not really, Just a little cryogenics. The really shitty stuff only happened because of the Institute.
    Nothing but the cryogenics wings, the rest of the staff rioted some months after the nukes dropped. I would prefer the Vault with the sexdolls instead of Vault 111.

Deleted
    You'd be surprised just how far you will go when it comes to needing to feed yourself.

Nothing but the cryogenics wings, the rest of the staff rioted some months after the nukes dropped. I would prefer the Vault with the sexdolls instead of Vault 111.
    But again...that's not on Vault-Tec. The hidden purpose of the vault was just to test long-term cryogenic suspension. Not nearly as nefarious as a lot of the other vaults....like 95 (aka the "Rehab Vault")

10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft some of grew up on canned means.

Tuna, Salmon, Vienna Sausage, Spam, Corned beef hash, think thats it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Oh yeah, canned meat is SO bad that cannibalism sounds like a better option.
    Wait, what?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I eat canned Meat now as a choice at times, because I enjoy the taste of Spam.

So.... Yeah I would say I would rather eat it than starve.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting Frozen and waking up to everyone Dead, Radroaches everywhere and your Wife with a Bullet in her, sure sounds least bad. Technically speaking many of the Vaults are way better off, we just see them as "bad" because they are full of a living community of people we need to murder.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I eat canned Meat now as a choice at times, because I enjoy the taste of Spam.

So.... Yeah I would say I would rather eat it than starve.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting Frozen and waking up to everyone Dead, Radroaches everywhere and your Wife with a Bullet in her, sure sounds least bad. Technically speaking many of the Vaults are way better off, we just see them as "bad" because they are full of a living community of people we need to murder.
    Yep, me too. I eat spam and vienna sausages now...it's not an every day thing but I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Yep, me too. I eat spam and vienna sausages now...it's not an every day thing but I do.
    I make Spam and Mashed Potato Fritter Balls. they are amazing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would struggle a lot more with canned fish and mussels than meat. When growing up canned "ham", the norwegian equivalent of spam was an everyday food item.
    I do find it hilarious with those who store up food for a potential apocalypse, especially if the money spent on it could have been put into a pension savings account

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

Again, the circumstances that the Lone Survivor woke up to were a result of the Institute...not Vault-Tec. Compared to the experiments conducted in a lot of the other Vaults...cryogenic freezing is relatively benign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, the circumstances that the Lone Survivor woke up to were a result of the Institute...not Vault-Tec. Compared to the experiments conducted in a lot of the other Vaults...cryogenic freezing is relatively benign.
    I guess when you put it that way, yeah it makes sense. Some of those Vault Scientists were nasty as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    The joke went so far over your head, I don't even see it anymore!
    apparently. care to clarify? especialy since your joke seems to be too "sophisticated" for not just my head, but a few others as well.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-08-16 at 02:16 AM.