Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    This "encyclopedia" is +10 years old and was written around TBC where High elves were effectively a dying race since most of them joined the Horde
    Since, things have changed, and you know it very well. This statement was retconned by Blizzard in WOTLK when he decided to introduce High elves in every expansion except WoD. High elves are on every continent, even on Argus (see : High elves on ptr). They're litterally everywhere.
    The funny thing about lore is that it doesn't become false until it is retconned. The SC do not change that statement because ,the Silver covenant have never been numerous . Them traveling around doesn't make them numerous. Vereesa being in Wotlk and Legion doesn't mean there are two Vereesas. The Sc is effectively reliant on the Kirin'tor for its survival, so it makes sense they are usually near Dalaran forces. That doesn't make them numerous.

and the "void elf" ptr which I assume you are talking about is right now only weapons. The only High elf in the beta right now is Alleria .
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-08-15 at 06:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The funny thing about lore is that it doesn't become false until it is retconned. The SC do not change that statement because ,the Silver covenant have never been numerous . Them traveling around doesn't make them numerous. Vereesa being in Wotlk and Legion doesn't mean there are two Vereesas. The Sc is effectively reliant on the Kirin'tor for its survival, so it makes sense they are usually near Dalaran forces. That doesn't make them numerous.
    I never said they were super numerous. Just that they're not on the brink of extinction like you're suggesting. If one (weak, useless and insignificant) tribe of tauren can be playable Horde side, then there's no valid reasons High elves can't.

and the "void elf" ptr which I assume you are talking about is right now only weapons. The only High elf in the beta right now is Alleria .
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=121559/high-elf-ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I never said they were super numerous. Just that they're not on the brink of extinction like you're suggesting. If one (weak, useless and insignificant) tribe of tauren can be playable Horde side, then there's no valid reasons High elves can't.
    it was the bloodhoof who were in danger, Cairne united all the tribes to thunderbluff before the start of WoW. before the high elves living in theramore and the PL were killed. Blizzard has specifically said that the High elves are on the brink of extinction multiple times. A small militant group existing does not change that.

Great, now to actually find them in the beta next time I'm on. Even then, high elves stuck on Argus if there ends up being any doesn't lend towards their ability to be playable, no more than broken being there means broken will be playable.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-08-15 at 07:18 PM.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    ... you forgot to mention that Sylvanas secretly planned to kill her own sister and resurrect her as a banshee like her to co-lead the Forsaken. The reason they became close is she wanted to poison Garrosh and Sylvanas had the means. Vereesa ultimately changes her mind, her rage abates, she returns to the Alliance and hands over the potion and tells Anduin the plan. Anduin keeps her secret. So yeah, she isn't neutral anymore. Don't know if you noticed, but Vereesa was leading the Silver Covenant again in the Siege of Suramar.

- - - Updated - - -

Friendlyimmolation, you're THE original anti-High Elf, anti-Alliance, Blood Elf and Horde fanboy on these forums. Pretty much anything relating to High Elves you refute out of your bias against them. It's literally impossible to have a discussion with you and your alternative facts. Easier to talk to flat-earthers... All you can say, whilst flailing your arms is in lisping voice, is "High Elves are Blood Elves with blue eyes and there aren't enough of them to do *insert thing here*." Thank god you're not in character development at Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

It's implied being they have a son. Also, he's only neutral for now. That may very well change once the Legion is taken care of considering his history. Consider what they did with Thrall from Warchief, to neutral World Shaman, back to a Horde character again after Garrosh. 7.3 will literally be the first time we've seen Turalyon since WC2: Beyond the Dark Portal, so anything could happen. We don't know much about him.
    Yep, read through book again. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    She couldn't bear to leave her children behind, it really had nothing to do with the Alliance. I'll read through it again to make sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I forgot you get uncontrollably upset when facts get in the way.

lol , pointing out out actual facts to you makes me a flat earther? What because I don't let you bask in your headcanon? What upsets you more, the fact that they aren't playable? Or that having green eye's doesn't make you a different race?

If you want to blame me for why High elves aren't on your alliance side of character creation, that's fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please, you are better than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I have exciting news for you. The only person Vereesa is Neutral/horde leaning for is Sylvanas.
    Yeah, I didn't know if the children would really be relevant, but yeah, definitely the children.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Agreed. I just did the same to him and Mehrunes. Not sure which one likes to spam the forums with BS more. Their whole goal is to stir the pot and trigger people. They exist on the border of MMO-C ToS.
    It took you 5 years to do it?!

In all honesty, the only purpose of this thread was to reignite people into arguing about this yet again. I've been checking these forums from time to time for about a year now and have come to terms with the nature of these threads.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-08-16 at 02:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    The very thread's premise was shit and it continued upon an even shittier trail. That's the consistence I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Another thread of fucking Sylvanas fanboy fucking imbecile who came for lulz. And all you aggro like mindless trash. Look at his name and avatar - he obliviously HORDE loyalist with butthurt from Alliance shoving down his ass.
    You're always so refined and collected.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    3. #highelfhype and she stays alliance with playable high elves.
    #highelfhype
    Kill it! Kill it with fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    There's a moment on PTR where Alleria and Vereesa walk through base and talk and Alleria freaking out about how can Sylvannas be leading the Horde after what they've done to their homeland. She hasn't broken to her yet that she's undead though.
    Yeah Vereesa don't mention that insignificant detail, Sylvanas leading the Horde is all that matters. What a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Arthas was part of the scourge, he was more or less undead at the time, soulless.

If anything she will have even more hatred towards the Forsaken than anyone else.
    Your logic is completely screwed. Forsaken were nothing but mindless victims during the Quel'Thalas affair. Arthas, on the other hand, albeit soulless and whatever, did everything he did by his own will, for his own wishes while also taking a great delight of sadistic pleasure by killing, torturing and raising Alleria's sister into a banshee, let alone forcing her to fight against the very people both sisters swore to protect. Yup, she would totally adore Arthas, guaranteed.

Also lol to @The Iron Fist who has the audacity to repeatedly tell to people "L2lore" while spreading falsehoods and weird alternative facts at the very same time. Spectacular. The Horde fanboy/High Elf hater phobia is quite entertaining as well but that holy damn is gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Just want to throw my support with you. I added him to my ignore list quite some time ago. Made the forums alot better. ^^
    Agreed. I just did the same to him and Mehrunes. Not sure which one likes to spam the forums with BS more. Their whole goal is to stir the pot and trigger people. They exist on the border of MMO-C ToS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    TEH CIRCLEJERK? Actually it's even more powerful because it combines the circlejerk with the ignore feature. Circlejerk on steroids.

Keep it up guys. You're all special and beautiful people.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-08-16 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Didn't this already happen during War Crimes and Vereesa changed her mind due to her sons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Didn't this already happen during War Crimes and Vereesa changed her mind due to her sons?
    Pretty much! No one here seriously thinks Alleria would join the Horde. (unless she forgets about Turaylon for lolz) But she will probably be one of the few characters with actual heavy interests on both sides, Arator/vereesa/Tur on one end, Sylvanas/lorthemar the overwhelming majority of her people and homeland on the other.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

TEH CIRCLEJERK? Actually it's even more powerful because it combines the circlejerk with the ignore feature. Circlejerk on steroids.

Yes, a club of strangers built in the night... funny how we came to the same conclusion without talking to each other. It's like we are psychics...wow!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alleria will replace Sylvanas when she loose all her 9 lives

Another thread of fucking Sylvanas fanboy fucking imbecile who came for lulz. And all you aggro like mindless trash. Look at his name and avatar - he obliviously HORDE loyalist with butthurt from Alliance shoving down his ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortsy View Post
    What would you call a soldier who deserted his post and went AWOL?
    She even did not raise a finger to save King Varian Wrynn on the Broken Shore. She could have teleported him away. If anybody could have done that, than that bitch. But no, she was strangely missing.

While I am only playing Alliance part-time now, I just cannot ignore that. Varian got a great character development arc and was by far my favorite Alliance character besides Brann Bronzebeard and Anduin Wrynn. Jaina is doubly a traitor - to the Alliance and to the Kirin Tor.

Edit: If the whole spoiler thing about Alleria is true, then she could actually have a reason to get closer to the Horde - depends on how strongly the aversion towards her new ... powers ... will be in the Alliance. I bet, the Horde would have less problems with her new hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Nothing beats an Alliance genius mind making it public that they ignored someone because they got triggered their headcanon was called out for what it was like them doing this because their headcanon and Universal Values fantasies have been called out.

The very thread's premise was shit and it continued upon an even shittier trail. That's the consistence I like.
    You're always so refined and collected.

You forgot to mention Daevelian's wondrous contributions. Combined, the 5 of them brought this thread to glorious levels of shittiness.

Also lol to @The Iron Fist who has the audacity to repeatedly tell to people "L2lore" while spreading falsehoods and weird alternative facts at the very same time. Spectacular. The Horde fanboy/High Elf hater phobia is quite entertaining as well but that holy damn is gold.
    I still think the best part of his "show of strength" there was that he did so immediately after Friendly replied to his post with sources. Nothing proves that the guy you just made a spectacle of ignoring is spreading alternate facts biased towards the Horde like inability to address sources.

Yes, a club of strangers built in the night... funny how we came to the same conclusion without talking to each other. It's like we are psychics...wow!
    Or all of you happen to share some kind of a victim complex over your fanfiction being countered in the past to the point you decided to go create safe spaces for yourselves and are now talking it out with each other for a reason that can only be looking for support of your brethren to validate your behavior and to convince yourselves you can never be wrong and that the people that show your fanfiction for what it is are just "stirring the pot".

I mean, IIRC Northem also liked to make it public that they put someone on ignore because they argued against their headcasecanon about QUEEN CALIA and the like. Didn't exactly mean the conclusions they came to when ignoring those people were any good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you know anything about Aleria is that she hates the horde with a passion, I would actually say she is pretty the flip side to Sylvanas. Veressa is the only neutral sister,
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Oh. This troll thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    All it takes is one little retcon, and that seems to be pretty damn common this expansion when it comes to the fanboyisms.
    Or, you know, 1000s of years fighting bigger threats than orcs have helped her get over that shit. Called a character arc.

Deleted
    "Obviously"

She hates Orcs more than most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I mean, you quite clearly craved for mutual sympathy in an attempt to justify the act of ignoring someone. I mean, I ignored people myself in the past (even though they never lasted long, I freed them the moment my brief annoyance disappeared) but when I did it was not towards people addressing my posts specifically or having an habit to argue with me, it was simply people I found insufferable, petulant, dishonest or borderline obsessed. Eliminating them for a while surely brightened the day everytime. However, I never felt the necessity to do that because one loved to quote me and argue against my points. Mostly because I'm capable enough to argue in favor of mine and would eventually resorted to ignore the guy only if the discussion began to go in obvious circles where said petulant guy wanted to be right at all costs while offering no further substance (something that happened to me very few times and only in one case in 4 years I felt the need to ignore someone for a while, just because of how hilariously dishonest he was).

To sum it up, I deem a bit childish to brag about how you (not specifically you, this is directed to all the people mentioned) ignored someone mostly out of strong disagreement. Not one but two people even. And following the discussions in question, it really looks like there's only the willlingnes to "not be bothered" from someone who challenges all of your ideas and simply keep believing what you like to believe because it's easier and more relaxing that way. Such mindset is the direct enemy of improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    I mean, you quite clearly craved for mutual sympathy in an attempt to justify the act of ignoring someone. I mean, I ignored people myself in the past (even though they never lasted long, I freed them the moment my brief annoyance disappeared) but when I did it was not towards people addressing my posts specifically or having an habit to argue with me, it was simply people I found insufferable, petulant, dishonest or borderline obsessed. Eliminating them for a while surely brightened the day everytime. However, I never felt the necessity to do that because one loved to quote me and argue against my points. Mostly because I'm capable enough to argue in favor of mine and would eventually resorted to ignore the guy only if the discussion began to go in obvious circles where said petulant guy wanted to be right at all costs while offering no further substance (something that happened to me very few times and only in one case in 4 years I felt the need to ignore someone for a while, just because of how hilariously dishonest he was).

To sum it up, I deem a bit childish to brag about how you (not specifically you, this is directed to all the people mentioned) ignored someone mostly out of strong disagreement. Not one but two people even. And following the discussions in question, it really looks like there's only the willlingnes to "not be bothered" from someone who challenges all of your ideas and simply keep believing what you like to believe because it's easier and more relaxing that way. Such mindset is the direct enemy of improvement.
    Alright dude, I don't care about your armchair psychology analysis. I saw someone being a target of a person known to be problematic and i offered my sympathy. Sorry if it upsets you. Normal people have a self criticism about it and i offered him some respite.

As for the why. You might have time to waste in pointless arguments with people who are persistent for the sake of being annoying when they obviously don't have a case, but i check out. Life is not forever and wasting your time with such people will be time you will wish you had back. They are simply not worth it. Maybe you haven't been around to know that there's countless people like that online and all they do is rob you of your precious time with redundant and biased and illogical narratives. My life is more precious than that. If that is childish for you... well... fine. I don't care what you want to call it. But i call it smart use of my time.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-08-17 at 05:07 PM.

Alright dude, I don't care about your armchair psychology analysis. I saw someone being a target of a person known to be problematic and i offered my sympathy. Sorry if it upsets you. Normal people have a self criticism about it and i offered him some respite.
    "Person that proves me wrong (while quoting fucking sources right there) and hurts my feeble feewings in the process" != "person to be known problematic". Also, "talking with someone" != "being a target of that someone". Your characterization of Friendly right here is nothing but your victim complex acting out again.

As for the why. You might have time to waste in pointless arguments with people who are persistent for the sake of being annoying when they obviously don't have a case, but i check out. Life is not forever and wasting your time with such people will be time you will wish you had back. They are simply not worth it. Maybe you haven't been around to know that there's countless people like that online and all they do is rob you of your precious time with redundant and biased and illogical narratives.
    Interesting how this paragraph is at the same time a pile of shit and pure gold at the same time. Don't have a case? Again, Friendly outright linked sources to support his claims here, yet your poor oppressed fanfiction peddler Iron Fist, to whom you expressed your mutual victim complex sympathy did nothing to rebuke it and simply repeated the same personal jabs about Friendly simply being biased over and over again before making the same "show of strength" as you by publicly putting him on ignore, in the process behaving in the exact same "la la la I can't hear you" manner he accused Friendly of.

If there was anyone that would qualify as persistently annoying and spreading redundant, biased and illogical narratives here it'd be people like Iron Fist, Magnagarde and Daevelian, who in this thread offered nothing but inane flailing about how X people are HORDE BIASED that need to be ignored (fanfiction safe spaces FTW) while supporting it with jack shit (then again I guess it still beats polluting the forum with fanfiction). Or, you know, you.

Speaking of you and persistently annoying illogical, biased and redundant narratives, I remember once specific thread in which you "contributed" particularly well. A thread where after being proven that contrary to your hostile flailing full of straw-men Northwatch's forces did attack Horde territory prior to the Cataclysm (which wasn't even the first time) you first, contrary to your supposed ignorance of the quest, accused me of withholding the reason behind of the attack even though the quest never mentioned any and when that failed, weaved some narrative out of thin air that these people were obviously dissidents and as such didn't reflect on Jaina, despite you having no recollection of that questline moments earlier and despite no sources ever mentioning them being dissidents.

Which you ended with some rambling about "it's just a quest so it doesn't really mean anything" and "I know I'm right". Other gems from that thread included the typical "hurr durr, so you mean Sylvanas is a saint" straw-man just because your hyperbolic and/or incorrect bullshit about her was corrected, patently retarded remarks about necrophilia, fanfiction about the events of the Broken Shore and your inability to comprehend what the word "warning" means.

And the reason I remember that thread so well is because that thread and those amazing reasons above were why you made a spectacle of putting me on ignore. Fer sure for persistently annoying, illogical and biased narratives That you're totally not an embodiment of
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.