Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Yeah man! We demand diversity.... just not diversity of thought. If you don't agree with our ideology we have no place for you.
    I imagine their response is, Nothing a right wing person thinks\says\does is worth listening to or having around. .

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I imagine their response is, Nothing a right wing person thinks\says\does is worth listening to or having around. .
    Is that so? Then why do so many people get worked up over the things Trump says on Twitter? Or Milo...? or Ben Shapiro..? Ann Coulter..?

People cared so much what the later 3 had to say they had to threaten violence to shut them down. Literal riots were caused over the things they were/are saying.

The number of women designing the game should be proportionate to the number of women playing the game. It makes the most sense.

A much better approach than BioWare hiring people with zero credentials for diversity

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i agree hire more women, but as long as they aren't fatties or uglies.
    I bet human resources loves you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's great that they want to promote the idea of hiring women. It doesn't sound like they want to enforce any quotas, but to encourage woman to apply. That's awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    You know what you COULD do? Hire the person that can do the job best.
    Reading is difficult. It's not quotas. What if it was something that you can't possibly be angry about such as normalized working hours, no crunch time, and appropriate facilities and personnel for daycare (or work-from-home), to attract talented and hard-working people who still want to have a family life? And since y'all are fond of statistics (THEM BLACKS!), you're probably aware that women are generally more family-oriented than men, even if they have a career.

But again, that's not your problem, since you can't seem to be able to read a fairly short statement. Don't worry, you won't end up a victim of them quotas.

Sounds like a good idea so long as it doesn't become "highly qualified white male gets passed over in favor of far less qualified non-white male." Sadly, I can very easily see that happening.
    Last edited by Erbel; 2017-08-16 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Back in my day we hoped to hire the best person for the job, regardless of genitalia or sexual orientation.

That's bigoted nowadays. Oh progressives, thou hast gone too far.
    I think you remembered that one wrong though.

The gender role mode sits deep in society. So deep that women, even if they have the talent, don't even consider to take certain career paths because they think "it's not for women". And let's just be honest here: toxicity against women in gaming IS still a thing, in WoW or other games alike.

I was watching the stream of Naguura the other day. One person in chat asked: "... and are you being gang banged by your guild?" or something along the lines. I mean, that's just disgusting...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erbel View Post
    Sounds like a good idea so long as it doesn't become "highly qualified white male gets passed over in favor of far less qualified non-white male." Sadly, I can very easily see that happening.
    I wouldn't be too worried. Or maybe it's their turn to be at the disadvantage after bullying the rest of us for such a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That's a really racist thing to say. Basically just keep some at the top and others at the bottom is what you're saying.
    HOW is it racist to reward people according to their merits? That's the most unbiased system there is, as gender, religion, skin color, political leaning, etc, have absolutely no weight.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I wouldn't be too worried. Or maybe it's their turn to be at the disadvantage after bullying the rest of us for such a long time
    Statement like this making people into racist.
    Imagine, you live your life, never saying anything bad about person gender/color, and one day people starting to call you a racist, just because your skin is white.

As for "bullying" other races: every single society is guilty of it, some white people were better at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    can't be any worse than the current dev's game balancing.

that said if said hypothetical demi-queer black muslim woman is good at improving blizzard then by all means let her(?) in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    HOW is it racist to reward people according to their merits? That's the most unbiased system there is, as gender, religion, skin color, political leaning, etc, have absolutely no weight.
    That person probably wanted to say classist. Since apparently, the USA is one of the developed countries with the least amount of upward mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Asewo View Post
    That person probably wanted to say classist. Since apparently, the USA is one of the developed countries with the least amount of upward mobility.
    Maybe. Possibly.

But when you have people around the internet actually openly calling others racist (and worse) for not supporting their racist and/or sexist ideas, you really can't be too sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asewo View Post
    Reading is difficult. It's not quotas. What if it was something that you can't possibly be angry about such as normalized working hours, no crunch time, and appropriate facilities and personnel for daycare (or work-from-home), to attract talented and hard-working people who still want to have a family life? And since y'all are fond of statistics (THEM BLACKS!), you're probably aware that women are generally more family-oriented than men, even if they have a career.

But again, that's not your problem, since you can't seem to be able to read a fairly short statement. Don't worry, you won't end up a victim of them quotas.
    Oh I'll never end up the victim of quotas.

Because I'm one of those women who don't aspire to be a leech. I'm a creator. I don't hold out my hand or try to barge in on the things that men have made and demand that they cater to my demographic.

I'm going to create the things I want to see in the industry.

As for the 'quotas' you're talking about. I'm against any initiative to cater to a specific job title based on a demographic qualifier.

If they said they were going to do more work to get game developers into the industry, or to raise the quality of game devs, which they definitely need. Sure, great.

But this is a 'WE NEED WOMEN SO WE CAN VIRTUE SIGNAL HARDER' initiative which in all honesty is terrible.

I'm ashamed of my gender sometimes for their incessant need to barge in on other's creations and demand representation for something they had nothing to do with.

And a final note.

I'm very aware that women are more family oriented than men.

And that's definitely one of the reasons why the majority of fortune 500 companies started from a man.

- - - Updated - - -

I was watching the stream of Naguura the other day. One person in chat asked: "... and are you being gang banged by your guild?" or something along the lines. I mean, that's just disgusting...
    ... Oh man that's so freaking tame.

The guys in my guild frequently talk about fist-****ing each other among other things.

When women complain about men saying sexual stuff it's incredibly annoying.

True fact, women talk about disgusting stuff just as much as guys. You want to know one of the things women talk about when they're alone?

Blackhead popping. Yeah. It's talked about. A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    Oh I'll never end up the victim of quotas.

Because I'm one of those women who don't aspire to be a leech. I'm a creator. I don't hold out my hand or try to barge in on the things that men have made and demand that they cater to my demographic.

I'm going to create the things I want to see in the industry.

As for the 'quotas' you're talking about. I'm against any initiative to cater to a specific job title based on a demographic qualifier.

If they said they were going to do more work to get game developers into the industry, or to raise the quality of game devs, which they definitely need. Sure, great.

But this is a 'WE NEED WOMEN SO WE CAN VIRTUE SIGNAL HARDER' initiative which in all honesty is terrible.

I'm ashamed of my gender sometimes for their incessant need to barge in on other's creations and demand representation for something they had nothing to do with.

And a final note.

I'm very aware that women are more family oriented than men.

And that's definitely one of the reasons why the majority of fortune 500 companies started from a man.

- - - Updated - - -

... Oh man that's so freaking tame.

The guys in my guild frequently talk about fist-****ing each other among other things.

When women complain about men saying sexual stuff it's incredibly annoying.

True fact, women talk about disgusting stuff just as much as guys. You want to know one of the things women talk about when they're alone?

Blackhead popping. Yeah. It's talked about. A LOT.
    Shhh. Don't be whatever the female version of uncle tom is.
    Let a good male feminist like me tell you how weak and frail you and other women are and, who need male allies like me to stand up for you. Just shh darling.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This isn't equal opportunity. It's giving preference to minorities and ignoring those who have better qualifications if they don't meet the quota.
    In most cases this kind of practice simply means women / minority X will be favored as long as they are equally qualified. And in cases where businesses do this it's because there is already a "surplus" at the other end. Balance in this area is healthy. If however they start picking people based on their gender / minority while they are less qualified, that's a problem.

I think you remembered that one wrong though.

The gender role mode sits deep in society. So deep that women, even if they have the talent, don't even consider to take certain career paths because they think "it's not for women". And let's just be honest here: toxicity against women in gaming IS still a thing, in WoW or other games alike.

Totally. No one is rude to men on-line.

Get a grip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I think it's great that they want to promote the idea of hiring women. It doesn't sound like they want to enforce any quotas, but to encourage woman to apply. That's awesome.
    But do you think that if they wouldn't, women would not apply?

It's not like they are giving women a hard time getting a job or anything. There just are very few that meet the required skills and knowledge because women often fancy other interests career-wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Shhh. Don't be whatever the female version of uncle tom is.
    Let a good male feminist like me tell you how weak and frail you and other women are and, who need male allies like me to stand up for you. Just shh darling.

Okay so, funny story.

I used to work in an office doing Web Administration for a medium sized (more than 200 employees) 'small business', I say small business because they weren't a like, large corporation etc. Anyways.

The owner was an older guy, in his 70s, he had a habit of calling the female employees 'sweetheart' 'honey' 'darling' (which is why that stuck out to me), and the other girls would bitch about it. I was unphased, maybe it was because my grandpa was almost 90 years old so I just learned to tune out stuff like that.

Anyways one meeting we're discussing stuff and the majority of the office is there, I'm doing an online revenue earnings call and analysis, and the owner, who is barely coherent with this kind of stuff says "Darling, can you explain it in words we can understand."

I don't know where it came from but it seemed like the best way to diffuse the tension. "Well buddy, basically it means that we blahblahblah."

I don't find the term darling offensive, sure it can be condescending, sure it can be an unwanted term of affection, but honestly it comes down to one thing I have learned in my years dealing with living in the Midwest, and now in Los Angeles.

"You can't control what people say and do, but you can control how you react to it."