Page 35 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and just in case some of this message got lost earlier:

Trump is pushing quite hard indeed for everyone to get together and love one another again. The WH talking points I linked above talk about uniting in that context.

He is asking people to unite and come together with American Nazis and the KKK, when he does not condemn them. Which he failed to do, 2 out of 3 times, in 72 hours.

I resoundingly reject the idea of coming together to unite with American Nazis and the KKK. They are an embarrassment to the 21st century.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    Do you have some video for me of this happening? I'm getting conflicting reports that they were in seriously small numbers. I'm still not sure who started any physical violence.
    It was in the Washington post from am today. Once police declared unlawful assembly, some were charging the protestors screaming to start a race war.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't put down that Kool-Aid just yet, rabid fanbase. You have Alex Jones!

Infowars' Alex Jones falsely says George Soros, Hillary Clinton instigated Charlottesville violence

Feel free to read what he said, in as much detail as your stomach can stand. But here's the finale:

Our ruling
    Jones said, "if you go back to the Wikileaks, from over a year ago, the Democratic Party is sending emails to George Soros and back and forth at the highest levels of the Democratic Party saying, ‘We’re losing the public. Minorities are getting into free market. We (Democrats) want to keep people in their mother’s basement as baristas.’ "Remember even Hillary said that. ‘What are we going to do to keep control of them? Keep them in the dark, keep them desperate.’

Jones' comments were part of a broader accusation that the events in Charlottesville were staged by liberals and coordinated by top Democrats.

We can find no evidence that Jones’ broad attack, or his specific claim about comments made by Soros, Clinton or Democrats in emails, checks out. Clinton did describe supporters of Bernie Sanders as working as baristas or living in their parents’ basements. But that’s well short of what Jones alleged.

We rate this claim Pants on Fire.

His performance art is at the top of its form. One can always count on him to deliver some of his best work when things look so dire for white supremacists and nutjobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    I am trying to figure out the problem with this statement. Not all Trump supporters are Nazi's and not all counter-protestors are Antifa.
    I would like to clarify for you that it was largely a White Power rally (advertised as a pushback against an anti-white climate), not a Trump rally. Sure at a Trump function, you're going to find a majority of Trump supporters and a minority of White Supremacists, however this was organized by White Supremacists so saying that only some of them were Neo-Nazis is misleading. Furthermore the counter protesters were not members of Antifa, they were the local citizens organized by churches.

A lot of the issues that people have are related to Trump muddying the waters of what actually happened. This has been viewed by "all sides" as a tacit approval of White Supremacists.
    Last edited by Foaming Clean; 2017-08-16 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Don't put down that Kool-Aid just yet, rabid fanbase. You have Alex Jones!

Infowars' Alex Jones falsely says George Soros, Hillary Clinton instigated Charlottesville violence

Feel free to read what he said, in as much detail as your stomach can stand. But here's the finale:
    To be fair, according to the Wikileaks smear file, the Democrats were encouraging fringe candidates like Trump in the Republican nomination. He should've tried to blame the Democrats for President Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Foaming Clean View Post
    I would like to clarify for you that it was largely a White Power rally (advertised as a pushback against an anti-white climate), not a Trump rally. Sure at a Trump function, you're going to find a majority of Trump supporters and a minority of White Supremacists, however this was organized by White Supremacists so saying that only some of them were Neo-Nazis is misleading. Furthermore the counter protesters were not members of Antifa, they were the local citizens organized by churches.

A lot of the issues that people have are related to Trump muddying the waters of what actually happened. This has been viewed by "all sides" as a tacit approval of White Supremacists.
    Jeezy911 won't respond cause it's too early in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    So are superman and batman. In fact superman is an illegal alien. An immigrant to the country who became its champion.
    Fun fact: Superman, Batman and Captain America were all created by Jews who were the children of immigrants.

Or should I say, (((Superman))), (((Batman))) and (((Captain America))).

Kek.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    And you are the type of conservative that would rather bend over for a liberal than win. The very fact you wanted to vote for Hillary Clinton basically showed that you are exactly the type of watered down liberal conservative who needs to get voted out of congress and replaced with people who want to defeat democrats, not settle for being their little bitch.
    No. Just no. In this post you revealed yourself the monster that you are.

I have things I want for this country as a conservative. I want a re-allocation of the powers and responsibilities between Federal and State Governments. I want a change in how taxation works at a fundamental level. I want I want a revival of the American Civic Spirit. I want a restrained foreign policy that focuses on what's essential to American interests, rather than the impossible. I want peace through strength and a re-dedication to American exceptionalism. I want a rebuilt and mighty military. I want the family to be the very foundation of the American project. I want an re-emphasis on the importance of morality, good works and character, in public and private life.

I want many things for this country as a conservative.

But at a much more basic level than that, I believe, truly, in Truth, Justice and the American Way.

There is no Truth in what you've spent days saying.
    There is no Justice in your vision of how things should be.
    There is certainly nothing American about the values you describe.

I would gladly sacrifice all my wishes for America to defend the most fundamental principles on which this country is founded... the ones that liberals, moderates and conservatives all share. We disagree on how to make this country better for all, but we all want to make this country better, for all. I will NEVER trade away the most fundamental of American values for a few wins on narrow policy issues. I will NEVER get in bed, as you evidently did, with people like the Alt-Right, to win those fights. The price is too high.

Like really... turn a blind eye for to racism so I can get a tax cut? Ridiculous. The price of my soul isn't that low. Is yours?

I believe that this country is the last, best hope for the human race. I believe that at our best, we are an example of what the human race COULD be. I believe we have a responsibility to defend our inheritance from predators.

You say "watered down liberal conservative" who "bends over". Disgusting. You are disgusting. We share this country with liberals. And moderates. And so many others. There is no such thing as a permanent political victory. Francis Fukyama's "End of History" did not portend the final victory of liberal democracy over authoritarianism. Bush's victory did not create the "Big Tent" Republican moment. Obama's victory did not usher in a post-racial liberal golden age. Politics is about compromise. About doing what you can. About accepting half a loaf because that's all you're entitled to. It's about understanding and loving thy neighbor, ESPECIALLY when you disagree with them, and figuring out how we can find ways for everyone to win.

Your absurd, dark world view views liberals as the enemy. That's sick. That's un-American. That's the stuff of fascist Spain, present day Venezuela or Iran. The American tapestry is ENRICHED by liberals and conservatives checking each other. Building. Editing, rebalancing, building some more. The richest, most advanced, most powerful country in the history of man was built by Americans of ALL stripes, not just conservatives. We share in it's success and failures together. Because we are one. Even when we disagree on what the role of government should be, or if we should go to war, we are one family.

You don't beat your family down. You figure out how everyone can win. You help them when they hurt. You defend them when others hurt them. And you treat them with love and respect, even when they disagree with you.

You may love America BuckSparkles, but there is absolutely nothing American about your absolutionist values. You are the walking, talking incarnation of it's debasement. I truly mean. Not some dumb forum comment. If these are your true feelings, the founders who themselves crafted some of the hardest and most singificant compromises out of nothing, and faced disagreement that makes today's look utterly trivial, would be ashamed of you.

Liberals, Conservatives and Independents who embrace the constitution, embrace moderation, partnership, brotherhood, justice and truth all honor the founders. I will get some of what I want for this country. Liberals will get some of what they want. And that is perfectly fair because we live under one roof, together, as one wonderful family.

Your entire world view? It's un-American and something to be defeated. And that is why I will stand as a Conservative, against you, until that day comes. Because we're builders. Liberals, Conservatives, Moderates. All builders. You? You're an arsonist. Nothing more.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2017-08-16 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

I have things I want for this country as a conservative. I want a re-allocation of the powers and responsibilities between Federal and State Governments. I want a change in how taxation works at a fundamental level. I want I want a revival of the American Civic Spirit. I want a restrained foreign policy that focuses on what's essential to American interests, rather than the impossible. I want peace through strength and a re-dedication to American exceptionalism. I want a rebuilt and mighty military. I want the family to be the very foundation of the American project. I want an re-emphasis on the importance of morality, good works and character, in public and private life.

But at a much more basic level than that, I believe, truly, in Truth, Justice and the American Way.

I would gladly sacrifice all my wishes for America to defend the most fundamental principles on which this country is founded... the ones that liberals, moderates and conservatives all share. We disagree on how to make this country better for all, but we all want to make this country better, for all. I will NEVER trade away the most fundamental of American values for a few wins on narrow policy issues. I will NEVER get in bed, as you evidently did, with people like the Alt-Right, to win those fights. The price is too high.

Like really... turn a blind eye for to racism so I can get a tax cut? Ridiculous. The price of my soul isn't that low. Is yours?

I believe that this country is the last, best hope for the human race. I believe that at our best, we are an example of what the human race COULD be. I believe we have a responsibility to defend our inheritance from predators.

You say "watered down liberal conservative" who "bends over". Disgusting. You are disgusting. We share this country with liberals. And moderates. And so many others. There is no such thing as a permanent political victory. Francis Fukyama's "End of History" did not portend the final victory of liberal democracy over authoritarianism. Bush's victory did not create the "Big Tent" Republican moment. Obama's victory did not usher in a post-racial liberal golden age. Politics is about compromise. About doing what you can. About accepting half a loaf because that's all you're entitled to. It's about understanding and loving thy neighbor, ESPECIALLY when you disagree with them, and figuring out how we can find ways for everyone to win.

Your absurd, dark world view views liberals as the enemy. That's sick. That's un-American. That's the stuff of fascist Spain, present day Venezuela or Iran. The American tapestry is ENRICHED by liberals and conservatives checking each other. Building. Editing, rebalancing, building some more. The richest, most advanced, most powerful country in the history of man was built by Americans of ALL stripes, not just conservatives. We share in it's success and failures together. Because we are one. Even when we disagree on what the role of government should be, or if we should go to war, we are one family.

You don't beat your family down. You figure out how everyone can win. You help them when they hurt. You defend them when others hurt them. And you treat them with love and respect, even when they disagree with you.

You may love America BuckSparkles, but there is absolutely nothing American about your absolutionist values. You are the walking, talking incarnation of it's debasement. I truly mean. Not some dumb forum comment. If these are your true feelings, the founders who themselves crafted some of the hardest and most singificant compromises out of nothing, and faced disagreement that makes today's look utterly trivial, would be ashamed of you.

Liberals, Conservatives and Independents who embrace the constitution, embrace moderation, partnership, brotherhood, justice and truth all honor the founders. I will get some of what I want for this country. Liberals will get some of what they want. And that is perfectly fair because we live under one roof, together, as one wonderful family.

Your entire world view? It's un-American and something to be defeated. And that is why I will stand as a Conservative, against you, until that day comes. Because we're builders. Liberals, Conservatives, Moderates. All builders. You? You're an arsonist. Nothing more.
    These are the sort of posts that make me wish for a "like" feature (though most of the rest surely speak volumes against it). Very well said indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Hi Denmark. In America, you have the the freedom to express your views, including things you would call "hate speech", as it is protected by our First Amendment, recently reaffirmed by our Supreme Court. This may seem like a foreign concept to you, but in civilized societies, it is the foundation of Law and Order to make it illegal to "beat" people that you disagree with.

This concept has worked out quite well considering the alternative is Right-wing and Left-wing death squads literally marching in the streets attacking and "beating" people they disagree with. Hope that helps clear the air.
    Oh you're on of thoose Americans who think that America is the only land that is free? I get it.

Even in the USA there has long been limitations on speech. You are not allowed to say or show anything you want wherever you want. There are lines you can cross that will get you put in jail and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Even in the USA there has long been limitations on speech. You are not allowed to say or show anything you want wherever you want. There are lines you can cross that will get you put in jail and rightly so.
    I'm honestly confused why a group calling for the extermination of all Jews and another group that has a history of committing terrorist attacks aren't crossing that line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    This is absolutely off topic, but someone really needs to put a bandit mask on your avatar for you.
    I was going to put a stethoscope on it but gave up .

OT: It seems like half of FOX news is also appalled while the other half are in full apologism mode.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I'm honestly confused why a group calling for the extermination of all Jews and another group that has a history of committing terrorist attacks aren't crossing that line.
    The US has been particularly liberal in interpreting its freedom of speech laws. You really have to straight up directly incite violence to run afoul of the legal test involved. So even when it's incredibly obvious to anyone that you're spreading violent hate speech, unless you specifically say "lynch that man", you can get away with it.

This has been widely circulated so, though I haven't seen it here, I'm sure it has been linked here. But this is the group that Trump says contains some "very fine people."

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

10 points to Griffindor.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Oh you're on of thoose Americans who think that America is the only land that is free? I get it.
    Are you infringing upon our copyrights on FREEDOM in America? You'll be hearing from our lawyers soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    This has been widely circulated so, though I haven't seen it here, I'm sure it has been linked here. But this is the group that Trump says contains some "very fine people."

Wow, apparently Trumps jew son in law, isnt fit to date Trumps daughter, what the actual fuck. such fine people.

It's obvious that anyone defending theese assholes, arent any different from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post

What special fucking snowflakes. They're fucking SJWs. Offended by every little thing. Delusional beyond belief. And that victim complex is unbelievable.

And I didn't feel bad, at all, when asshole got maced.