Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Cool beans, You mite have missed my edit so like I said not trying to come off as a ass.

To be honest it could have been tit for tad both way's sadly we will never get the full story. But Microsoft does have a history of pissing off and outright ruining 3rd party studio's.
    It's all good. I linked some stuff in my previous post if you want to take a look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    It's all good. I linked some stuff in my previous post if you want to take a look.
    I remember hearing something similar. I just can't remember the youtube channel. I do remember Angry Joe on it. It could have been Jim Sterling, but not sure. Maybe downward Thrust, Gamerx, etc. But you aint remembering things wrong. I heard the same things.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I remember hearing something similar. I just can't remember the youtube channel. I do remember Angry Joe on it. It could have been Jim Sterling, but not sure. Maybe downward Thrust, Gamerx, etc. But you aint remembering things wrong. I heard the same things.
    Yeah, I just remember reading that Platinum was really struggling with getting the game to run well on its chosen engine and were constantly extending or missing deadlines. It was more or less stuck in development hell and MS eventually decided to pull the plug instead of continuing to dump more money into it.

I mean, people can take that as MS not being willing to do what was necessary to get the game out, but this shit happens more often than people think and with all publishers. It's just that it happened to be with a highly anticipated XO exclusive during a time when the XO doesn't have much going for it in the exclusives department. Which makes it seem that much worse, especially for XO owners.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-08-16 at 04:42 AM.

Read both and like I said it could have been or it could have been both company's bumping heads. Microsoft doesn't have a good history with 3rd party dev's and Platinum Games likely had to many fingers in the pie.

I can't remember what dev from PG it was but Scalebound was a dream game for him and he was quite passionate about it. What makes me think it was more so MS in the end was the fact they canceled the game one month after they did another reveal of it.

Why show it if you are just going to turn around and cancel it. For me personally when they announced Scalebound was canceled I sold my XB1, I no longer seen a reason to own the system. Really wish Scalebound got finished, maybe someday it will be picked up and finished.

(Don't take that as me bashing MS).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I just remember reading that Platinum was really struggling with getting the game to run well on its chosen engine and were constantly extending or missing deadlines. It was more or less stuck in development hell and MS eventually decided to pull the plug instead of continuing to dump more money into it.
    Which is a shame because Platinum makes good games, but I do fear they overextended themselves. You can tell which games get effort and which dont because of it. Turtles and tranformers devastation are literally the same game. One is pretty bad while the other is alright. Star fox was bad. Bayo 2 was good but was on a bad system. Wonderful 101 was good (didnt play it, but people tell me it is) but like Bayo 2 was on a bad system. They made Neir which def had a lot more put into it than their other games and Scalebound looked like it was gonna have more put into it, but shit happens.

I remember reading (but could be wrong) the limits of the hardware itself didn't help any. It was highly ambitious in what they wanted to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Turtles and tranformers devastation are literally the same game.
    Everyone is welcome to opinions and all but... I highly disagree with this. Turtles was shit tho sadly.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Hopefully that means more Neir. It's easily one of the best games to come out this year so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Hopefully that means more Neir. It's easily one of the best games to come out this year so far.
    One can hope, but they did burn the PC base a bit. But I am sure they will do better.

One can hope, but they did burn the PC base a bit. But I am sure they will do better.
    Have they ever patched the game yet or are there still a lot of bugs/glitches that they seem to continue ignoring?

I heard a streamer a few weeks ago that was playing Nier:A on PC complaining about how Platinum has basically abandoned the PC community on the game.

Nier automata was a masterpiece . sadly alot of ppl who never actually played it remember it only as fanservice waifu game !

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they ever patched the game yet or are there still a lot of bugs/glitches that they seem to continue ignoring?
    I don;t know. I played my friends copy, and he hasn;t brought up the game in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I remember reading (but could be wrong) the limits of the hardware itself didn't help any. It was highly ambitious in what they wanted to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone is welcome to opinions and all but... I highly disagree with this. Turtles was shit tho sadly.
    Coulda been the hardware but like what I linked, it also sounded like they may have went with the wrong engine from the start. If thats true, choosing to use an engine that doesn't run well on the intended hardware is a pretty big mistake on their part.

Coulda been the hardware but like what I linked, it also sounded like they may have went with the wrong engine from the start. If thats true, choosing to use an engine that doesn't run well on the intended hardware is a pretty big mistake on their part.
    100% true I don't disagree at all. Like I said early'er sadly we will never get the full story, But I can't wait to see what big game they work on next.

Even tho I haven't bought it yet Nier is great (watched a lot of it).

It's an incredible game. I hope we see similar works of art in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    There's a lot of great games that will live in zelda's shadow for goty. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    There's a lot of great games that will live in zelda's shadow for goty. It sucks.
    Which is sad, honestly. Not saying Zelda:BotW is a bad game, but it definitely isn't GOTY material if you ask me. Especially when you compare it to some of the other games that have come out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I really don't think so. They were able to make bayonetta 2 and port bayo 1 to wii u in a short amount of time. I'd imagine it was just Microsoft wanting more and more features. I even remember they had a 3rd party make a trailer and showed it at e3 without kamiya even knowing.
    Not to mention, the game this thread is about in Nier they made in basically 2 years. Released 19 months after it's announcement.

Platinum is one of the most efficient developers in the industry. It's not really rocket science when you figure out the only project they ever had in dev hell or had a long dev time had MS overseeing the project... Who's at fault... hmm...

MS probably wanted some lame ass online features that platinum is not used to doing, wanted a "service based" model which seems to be their entire gaming division's effort at the moment. MS didn't want the game made the way Platinum makes games.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-08-16 at 06:12 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Nier automata was a masterpiece . sadly alot of ppl who never actually played it remember it only as fanservice waifu game !
    AS someone who generally hates fanservice/waifu things. Automata never felt like either to me even before playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    AS someone who generally hates fanservice/waifu things. Automata never felt like either to me even before playing it.
    I was generally speaking , a week after game release every popular forum/gaming website was full of 2B butt screen shot and talk of how this game is for virgins and such ! even in this thread u could see how fast the phrase " 2B booty saved their ass " came up !

Deleted
    Booty so fine it saved a game studio.

The good story doesn't hurt either.