10+ Year Old Account

Lincoln Memorial vandalized

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/15...-graffiti.html
    Authorities in the nation's capital are searching for a vandal after the Lincoln Memorial was spray painted with explicit graffiti early Tuesday.

The National Park Service said it was working to remove the graffiti after it was discovered at about 4:30 a.m., FOX 5 DC reported.

The graffiti, which was done in red spray paint on a column, appears to say “F*** law."

Silver spray paint was also found on a Smithsonian wayfinding sign on Constitution Avenue, according to the park service.

The monument preservation crew started cleaning up the tagged areas with a "gel-type architectural paint stripper safe for use on historic stone," and will continue to use the treatment until the graffiti is completely gone.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the U.S. Park Police at 202-610-7515.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/politi...zed/index.html Has v ideo be srue your volume is not turned to high to avoid surprise.
    The National Park Service is actively working to remove graffiti found spray-painted in red on a pillar of the Lincoln Memorial on the National Mall early Tuesday morning.

The graffiti was discovered around 4:30 a.m. ET Tuesday and appears to say "[expletive] law," according to a statement provided by NPS.

NPS also found indecipherable graffiti in silver spray-painted over a map of the Smithsonian museums in another area of the National Mall.

Both sites of vandalism are already being actively cleaned up by a National Mall and Memorial Parks monument preservation crew. Cleanup will continue until all evidence of the graffiti is gone, according to the NPS statement. The United States Park Police is currently investigating the incident.

This is not the first time that national monuments in DC have been tampered with. In February, the World War II, DC War Memorial, Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial were all vandalized with conspiracy-filled graffiti.

The graffiti consisted of text written in sharpie or magic marker, officials said, and included the words "Jackie shot JFK" and a message related to the September 11 attacks, according to US Park Police spokesperson Sgt. Anna Rose.

Back in 2013, the statues of Abraham Lincoln inside the Lincoln Memorial and Joseph Henry, outside the headquarters of the Smithsonian Institution, were also vandalized with green paint.
    Linking both Fox and CNN for unbiased coverage on my part.

Semi-relevant image.
    Last edited by Clone; 2017-08-16 at 04:15 AM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is it actually graffiti? It just looks like an accidental spill.

Edit: Ok, the video shows a completely different marking with green paint while the pictures show what looks like red spray paint.
    Last edited by MrKnubbles; 2017-08-16 at 04:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hydra Captain is truly a villain.

so they're going after every slave owner statue now?

Same day, the Party of Lincoln was vandalised by a white supremacist apologist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    They could have at least put in the so it doesn't read so dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    Could be an anti-abolitionist, don't jump to conclusions.

F
    .................... the rest is illegible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    F
    .................... the rest is illegible.
    I'm guessing this was done by someone under 16, my guess is 13. I can make out an F U C and an A.

Did not manage space wisely, poor hand eye coordination.

I see:

FUCL∞uLANW

Although some of those characters appear to be Tengwar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

FUCIL◌̇ WAM!

Truer words, I don't think have ever been spoken.

Fucking idiots. Learn to write with a spray can!!!

/jumps into my flying car

Have fun with your timeline.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post

Looks like the left is blaming the right and the right is blaming the left. (Just from some quotes I've read) I wonder if they have security camera's at the location.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2017-08-16 at 05:18 AM.

Looks like the dude pussied out and was scared of getting caught so he rushed it. Or, he/she/it is illiterate.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Looks like the dude pussied out and was scared of getting caught so he rushed it. Or, he/she/it is illiterate.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    Looks like the left is blaming the right and the right is blaming the left. (Just from some quotes I've read) I wonder if they have security camera's at the location.
    And this. Personally, I feel like it's probably someone on the right, all pissy at the confederate statue protest shit. Lincoln had slaves? (Jimusmc said "so they're going after every slave owner statue now?")

Lincoln had slaves? (Jimusmc said "so they're going after every slave owner statue now?")
    Not according to anything I can find, but "Fuck Law" does seem like an Antifa point of view.

More likely it was some idiot kid doing it for the lulz.

This.

And this. Personally, I feel like it's probably someone on the right, all pissy at the confederate statue protest shit. Lincoln had slaves? (Jimusmc said "so they're going after every slave owner statue now?")
    GUARANTEED they have cameras there....
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

I can't believe we don't have security cameras all over those places.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland