10+ Year Old Account

Need a lil help with my healing; parse/armory included

Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...thas/joshnbans
    Parse: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&fight=1

This is my first week as a Druid healer (literally hit 110 last Tuesday), and even though my ilvl is good, my healing is not. Here is what I've been trying to do:

-keep rejuvs rolling on as many people as I can who I think will take damage/are taking damage
    -use up OOC procs on anyone taking damage that needs healing
    -wild growthing sparingly since my regen, apparently, is not great (or I'm still new and feeling out what I can and can't cast at whatever time)
    -keep efflorescence under the melee and tanks at all times.

Here's what I think I'm having problems with:

-when to use Essence of G'hanir, Flourish, and Innervate
    -Keeping up Efflorescence and Lifebloom
    -I keep Rejuving the same people when I see them take damage (I assume this is from me playing a Resto Shaman for so many years, and it's just
    something I have to unlearn).
    -Mana. I went oom on every fight tonight and I don't know what I can do to not.
    -Whether to take Prosperity, Cenarion Ward, or the other talent in the first row. I figure take Prosperity because I got my two piece tonight.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. I've poured over the resto guide on here and IcyVeins, and I still feel like I'm missing something.

Only took a quick glance:

Equipment: While you have a good ilev, you lack the 4set bonus and you have only decent Legendarys. Haven't look at how often you stayed sationary for a longer time, but Rising Tide is only decent, when you manage to stay at a place often enough.
    Spell usage: Too many Regrowth, too few Wild Growth. You should buff a Wild Growth with sotf as often as possible. Your usage of soft is far from optimal. Take a look at your logs using wowanalyzer.com. While it may be not enough for working on details, there are so many big problems, which wowanalyzer can easily point out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenor View Post
    Only took a quick glance:

Equipment: While you have a good ilev, you lack the 4set bonus and you have only decent Legendarys. Haven't look at how often you stayed sationary for a longer time, but Rising Tide is only decent, when you manage to stay at a place often enough.
    Spell usage: Too many Regrowth, too few Wild Growth. You should buff a Wild Growth with sotf as often as possible. Your usage of soft is far from optimal. Take a look at your logs using wowanalyzer.com. While it may be not enough for working on details, there are so many big problems, which wowanalyzer can easily point out.
    This is rad! Thank you for pointing me to this; I had no idea it existed. Super appreciate it.

Deleted
    charm of the rising tide is garbage, replace it as soon as possible with a stat stick. I would go even 10 ilvls lower. Pugging NH HC for the 4t19 should be easy and very helpful, just a thing to bear in mind that 4t19 eats up soul of the forest procs. At least 2 t19 are however mandatory (try to get the lowest budget ones) and mix with 4t20 (when you get them)

Innervate first at about 80%-85% mana and try to time it right after efflorescence ends. During innervate cast an efflorescence, a wildgrowth and as many rejuvs as possible, even if everybody is full. If the fight lasts long enough for 2 more innervates, use the second one as soon as it comes off cooldown, otherwise i would save it for a period of high damage, when it will count the most.

Prosperity is maybe good with 4t20. Until then use CenarionWard.
    Get your crit up. It's too low. With 4t20 it pulls slightly ahead of other stats.

Rejuving people that take damage is pretty much the way to go, since you don't have 4T19 or the leg shoulders
    Last edited by mmoc2c78ade9c1; 2017-08-16 at 09:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zahlanzi View Post
    charm of the rising tide is garbage, replace it as soon as possible with a stat stick. I would go even 10 ilvls lower. Pugging NH HC for the 4t19 should be easy and very helpful, just a thing to bear in mind that 4t19 eats up soul of the forest procs. At least 2 t19 are however mandatory (try to get the lowest budget ones) and mix with 4t20 (when you get them)

Innervate first at about 80%-85% mana and try to time it right after efflorescence ends. During innervate cast an efflorescence, a wildgrowth and as many rejuvs as possible, even if everybody is full. If the fight lasts long enough for 2 more innervates, use the second one as soon as it comes off cooldown, otherwise i would save it for a period of high damage, when it will count the most.

Get your crit up. It's too low. With 4t20 it pulls slightly ahead of other stats.

Rejuving people that take damage is pretty much the way to go, since you don't have 4T19 or the leg shoulders
    Cool, thank you. What trinket would you recommend me going after? Rising Tide just kind of fell into my lap; I set it up in Vudho to just cast alongside rejuvs, and it's alright I guess.

As far as T19 2 piece, I see a lot of folks doing cape/hands (I think?); would you say those are good to aim for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthburt View Post
    Cool, thank you. What trinket would you recommend me going after? Rising Tide just kind of fell into my lap; I set it up in Vudho to just cast alongside rejuvs, and it's alright I guess.

As far as T19 2 piece, I see a lot of folks doing cape/hands (I think?); would you say those are good to aim for?
    From TOS, Sea star of the depth mother from mistress is the best (how better than the rest depends on how much you WG). Chalice and mindslaver come next, though both are worse than an equal ilvl stat stick.

Ofc, Velen is best in slot by far, and an Arcano Crystal is equal to about a stat stick almost 40 ilvl higher.

Darkmoon promises is also very good, as long as you finish the fight with as close to 0 mana as possible. If you have lots of mana left, you're better off using a stat stick.

Rising Tide can be decent on low movement fights although in most cases it will be crap.

Prosperity is debatebal even if you are using T20 4pc. Looking purely at Hps and if used decently, CW will pull ahead even with T20. From a comfort and easy to play view prosperity may be better though.

Darkmoon promises is also very good, as long as you finish the fight with as close to 0 mana as possible. If you have lots of mana left, you're better off using a stat stick.
    In many cases this is true, but often enough it may be wise to just spend more mana taking some pressure from other healers. 900 Darkmoon is worth ~930 statstick if you use the mana. Especially if you are new to ToS or the healing role, it can help a lot.

Concerning T19: Going for back + hands/shoulders is often a good idea because these slots have lower item budget, but because of the rng nature of drops this is often enough not ideal. If you are lucky on a tf T19 pants, the lost statpoints may be lower if you use these instead of a base T19 back/shoulders.

Concerning stats: While there are ways to determine stat weights based on hpm/hpct, you should take them with a grain of salt. Hpm and hpct aren't unimportant, but more important is your role and where your raid(or you) has/have probs. You lack raidhealing --> Crit. You lack spothealing --> mastery. You lack bursthealing --> haste. You lack survivabilty(and raidhealing) versatility. You won't be able to adjust to every raid, but if you run with a guild, you will be able to analyse the probs of your raid.

Wild growth has high mana costs, but provides high and semi smart healing (it's highly mana efficient). Additionally your artifact interacts a lot with it. Using this rarely is a fault in almost every fight.
    Last edited by Grenor; 2017-08-18 at 11:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenor View Post
    Rising Tide can be decent on low movement fights although in most cases it will be crap.

Prosperity is debatebal even if you are using T20 4pc. Looking purely at Hps and if used decently, CW will pull ahead even with T20. From a comfort and easy to play view prosperity may be better though.

In many cases this is true, but often enough it may be wise to just spend more mana taking some pressure from other healers. 900 Darkmoon is worth ~930 statstick if you use the mana. Especially if you are new to ToS or the healing role, it can help a lot.

Concerning T19: Going for back + hands/shoulders is often a good idea because these slots have lower item budget, but because of the rng nature of drops this is often enough not ideal. If you are lucky on a tf T19 pants, the lost statpoints may be lower if you use these instead of a base T19 back/shoulders.

Concerning stats: While there are ways to determine stat weights based on hpm/hpct, you should take them with a grain of salt. Hpm and hpct aren't unimportant, but more important is your role and where your raid(or you) has/have probs. You lack raidhealing --> Crit. You lack spothealing --> mastery. You lack bursthealing --> haste. You lack survivabilty(and raidhealing) versatility. You won't be able to adjust to every raid, but if you run with a guild, you will be able to analyse the probs of your raid.

Wild growth has high mana costs, but provides high and semi smart healing (it's highly mana efficient). Additionally your artifact interacts a lot with it. Using this rarely is a fault in almost every fight.
    New Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dmcDpy1zHnk4wZ9v
    WoW Analyzer: https://wowanalyzer.com/report/dmcDp...:12)/Joshnbans

I did normal last night with my guild, and I made sure that I was using WG way, WAY more than I was in that first parse, but my healing only went up about 100k on some fights (so instead of doing ~390k, I was doing 500k). I retook CW, and I'm still kind of struggling with my uptimes on that, Efflo, and LB, but they're WAY better than they were last time. I'm also struggling still to use Innervate at 85% and then as soon as it comes off CD, but again, it was better than last time.

What I'm still kind of fumbling with is when to use EoG and Flourish; am I supposed to be aiming to extend WGs and any rejuvs I have up? Also, when is it optimal to use EoG? I WAY underuse it because I guess I don't know when I'm supposed to be using it.

I feel like most of my issues are just getting used to the class, the WA I'm using, and muscle memory regarding where I've got CDs.

You got better, but there are still major issues. For example you've got the legendary ring with sotf, but you use Swiftmend so rarely that you do not really profit from it.
    While you cast many spells seldom, you use Regrowth to often. This ist often a problem, when the encounter awareness is still a problem, because you react too often instead of hotting people up before the damage hits. When they are not hotted, you can easily get the feeling that they need immidiate healing and react by casting Regrowth. Sometimes it is ok, but in most cases, one of the following applies: learn the fight and hot'em up before the damage hits/Swiftmend > Regrowth/Other healers are better at direct heals and will be fast enough.
    Not enough encounter knowledge is also a problem concerning usage of CDs. You will tend to keep them for bad times. While this is not always wrong, keep in mind flourish,EoG, Velen's, Ironskin don't have an excessively long cd. If you know the fight, you know when you need them and you can squeeze in a lot of extra uses in the windows where the additional hps may be not needed, but it will save a lot of mana.

Concerning the WAs: There are many nice and shiny complete packages. But in many cases it is better to customize them for yourself, even if they don't look that pretty after altering them. Position is an important thing. As is how the wa provide the info. Keep in mind, there is such a thing as too much info. Duplicated infos, infos not strictly needed and so on. The more you display, the easier it is to get distracted.
    Personally I split up my WAs. One group in the center to display long CDs and another group at the mouse to display short cds and lb uptime. At the moment I'm considering adding efflorescence to the mouse WAs, because I may switch to using T20 at least on some bosses and efflo uptime is a problem for me.
    Last edited by Grenor; 2017-08-25 at 02:45 PM.

Interesting information