Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thagreatk View Post
    Don't forget the awfull GearScore addon.
    We were talking pre-achievements, pre-armory, pre-gear score. It was literally "Looking for member for X. Come to Org AH roof for inspections" (or whatever the alliance equiv was)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is there any addons out there that detects when someone links you a fake achievement?

I'd like an easy way to vet morons who try to link fake achievements when i'm inviting to heroic KJ. Id rather not always go to their armory to inspect them.
    Neither will do you any good because achievements can be purchased with gold. Which also means you're weeding out good players who haven't made it over the hump versus window lickers who bought their achievement and won't have a clue how to do the fight.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

http://mythicplus.help/ this addon is great for vetting people, shows if they have AOTC /cutting edge on their account when they got it, how many bosses they killed on each Difficulty on that character for both ToS and NH shows what 2 legendaries they logged out with, what tier set bonuses they have, their equipped ilvl/max ilvl, if you hover over their name you get quick links for their logs, wowprogress, armory, and raider.io

How do you use fake achie for AOTC?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post

Asking for a friend.
    [insert achiev here]

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post

Asking for a friend.
    nowadays you dont even have to do that - most of morons making groups dont even open it so just link them your own in progress 9/10 you will get in because idiots are to lazy to check anything beyond seeing yellow thingy in whisper

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    nowadays you dont even have to do that - most of morons making groups dont even open it so just link them your own in progress 9/10 you will get in because idiots are to lazy to check anything beyond seeing yellow thingy in whisper
    I did link back somebody's own achievement in /trade when they were forming a group. They added me and never looked or cared it was their own. I didn't stay I was just screwing around, but I really doubt they would have caught on.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

We also need an addon that blocks the addon which detects fake achievement addon. and a way to make fake armory so you can put 20 heroic kills already. Posting for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not always a carry though, My guild couldn't kill HC Imp back in wod, So i fake achieve tanked it to the win...
    Did the same thing with blackhand.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You make them line up on the bank steps for inspection. Or at least, that's how we did it on my server back in that other xpac when we were based in Dalaran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Or they can, ya know, join a group thats progressing on the fight, and kill it with the group and get AOTC legitimately... But i know, i know.... a little work and coordination is a foreign concept to 99% of the pug player base.
    Yes, they can. But what if you are geared to actually kill him and wish for a full kick, and not 'hope' for a group that can? I mean, where is the AOTC demands? Have an achievement, that is it. One could be geared and know it all but not have the achievement.

But I fall back on the two statements as before.

If someone doesn't like the rules, make their own or look for one for them.
    If a raid leader CAN'T put in effort to check armoury, don't pug.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Ban the damm addon, it's game breaking and instagates ppl to bad behaviour.
    It's a emulation of game achives.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    And on a serious note: Ever wondered why the rapid decline of wow subs? Perhaps because too many idiots asking for casual raiders to have a PhD in Nuclear Physics before they can enter a fucking raid. Oh and breaking news: The biggest turds I have encountered in game were people with the achievement and multi kills playing like complete retards during pugs. So no there is no golden rule who you should pick up and I think only lazy people who want to get carried impose big rules for normal raids.
    Couldn't agree more. The game is at a state ppl need to fake achive to get invites. Remove add on is bad. Players need to realize that even if some ppl dont have the achive they can do a good job if the fight is explained and things are assigned it will work. For those looking for groups at least know the fights and what to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait so there's fake achiev addon ? Good to know

10+ Year Old Account
    And on a serious note: Ever wondered why the rapid decline of wow subs? Perhaps because too many idiots asking for casual raiders to have a PhD in Nuclear Physics before they can enter a fucking raid. Oh and breaking news: The biggest turds I have encountered in game were people with the achievement and multi kills playing like complete retards during pugs. So no there is no golden rule who you should pick up and I think only lazy people who want to get carried impose big rules for normal raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Couldn't agree more. The game is at a state ppl need to fake achive to get invites. Remove add on is bad. Players need to realize that even if some ppl dont have the achive they can do a good job if the fight is explained and things are assigned it will work. For those looking for groups at least know the fights and what to do.
    The achievement craze in my experience is pretty much only centered around the heroic mode end-boss of a tier, which is tuned outside of the difficulty a regular uncoordinated PUG is fit to handle. If you're just interested in raiding with randoms, normal mode runs (and HC 8/9 to an extent) is relatively easy to get into a group for.

Imho I'd rather see the entire HC difficulty tuned up even more and officially aim it towards coordinated casual guilds. Normal can be tuned for PUG, and offer some challenge while still being tuned for no voice-com and expect less successful group coordination.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    The achievement craze in my experience is pretty much only centered around the heroic mode end-boss of a tier, which is tuned outside of the difficulty a regular uncoordinated PUG is fit to handle. If you're just interested in raiding with randoms, normal mode runs (and HC 8/9 to an extent) is relatively easy to get into a group for.

Imho I'd rather see the entire HC difficulty tuned up even more and officially aim it towards coordinated casual guilds. Normal can be tuned for PUG, and offer some challenge while still being tuned for no voice-com and expect less successful group coordination.
    True! What i meant the game is like this because of the player community.
    I advice to find a guild and raid with them.
    Still without those kinda of addons we would be better.

Yeah or Blizzard actually hiring competent coders to make sure that you can't send fake achivements.
    Not that that'll ever happen.

Deleted
    Quoted for truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Ask them how to handle the fireball.
    Trick question, eh? Cunning...

I go as far as to also check their social security records. If its an unemployed bastard then I assume that they live with their parents and probably in their basement and I can't have that in my normal raid. If you re lazy enough not to get a job I can only imagine you as a raider. No thanks. I need the real deal when it comes to pugging. Show me you done naxx40 or gtfo. I also require multiple kills of everything. You don't have all the curves since wotlk? Well that says a lot about how casual you are.

I also ask for played time proof and screenshots of their pc setup. Anything less than an i7 can seriously compromise the raiding environment that I am trying to achieve. Please refrain from joining my raids with your slow ass pc people. Last but not least I require everyone to pee and bring proof before raid starts so that the pulls can take place in an orderly manner. Raiding normal with pugs is fucking serious and we can't let these pesky weekend gamers ruin the experience for us while we hustle for our free loot by generically asking everyone who gets a piece "are u gonna use that hun".

/sarcasm off

- - - Updated - - -

All you need is a high ilvl and an attitude and noone will ever ask for achievements. Usually works for me to say "If you wanna see my achievement go check I cba linking". They take my word and my ilvl and inv. GG.
    Voting for best post ever. This is exactly true and to the point. Just because you got lucky and joined one of the thousand groups that formed on week one to get the kill when all the high end players were pugging doesn't somehow mean that others who couldn't are somehow less deserving of a shot. I can understand that you want to bring a majority of experienced players, but if you also took a few each time that didn't have the achievement and allowed them to get it, it would broaden the pool of qualified players for all, thus expediting group forming down the road.

Or, you could just get someone in the group that faked the achievement, was lazy and bought the achievement or otherwise has no desire to perform well and learn the fights. When I join a raid I am new at, I have read the strat and have a general idea of the fights. If someone takes all of the 30 secs prior to the boss to explain the plan, I will succeed. However, that extra 5 min a raid is to much to handle for many I guess.
    Last edited by Cyi; 2017-08-16 at 12:11 PM.