Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Join with one or more competent friend(s) that already has AotC and high ilvl.
    I mean anyone that queue's with me (930+ ilvl) that is not too far behind on itemlevel will usually get an invite.
    RL can count on the friend to guide you through the mechanics.

Why dont people just join a guild? its not hard

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Luckily, it is not up to you and you would've ruined a major part of the pugging world as the AOTC demands are too often. Then again, taken my own kill but I find it a little silly.

When I pug now, I expect the raid leader to check my armoury, for I sure won't tell him I have it.
    How will that ruined major part of pugging? Imagine 40% of the people using fake achievement addon, will that ruin pugging experience or playing experience of ppl who actually spent hours wiping to get a kill.
    If you are wiling to cheat to get something then you should also be ready to suffer consequences. I mean if u need something, do it yourself, create a group and go kill him if you cant get into a group, or join a progress group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly Blizzard should just ban that add on. They've done it before, it has little to no positive effect on the game.

That's why I'm always checking wowprogress instead of some fake achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    How will that ruined major part of pugging? Imagine 40% of the people using fake achievement addon, will that ruin pugging experience or playing experience of ppl who actually spent hours wiping to get a kill.
    Just because you don't have it, doesn't mean you aren't able to but need the people. The majority would just have to buy their way, how would that help your group?

If you are wiling to cheat to get something then you should also be ready to suffer consequences. I mean if u need something, do it yourself, create a group and go kill him if you cant get into a group, or join a progress group.
    Some people wish to join people whom has done it before, hence they hope for a spot in an experienced group. If you are willing to demand high, you gotta expect people to do their best to get in as well.

Best example I've seen, was a friend who is a DPS. The person had the gear for HC KJ and the dps, even the experience all the way to KJHC at 10% wipes, no achievement. A raiding group that kept asking for AOTC kept calling out for a DPS, didn't take him due to no achievement. Group found one with an achievement, surprise surprise, was a boosted character whom ended up wiping the group, twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Honestly Blizzard should just ban that add on. They've done it before, it has little to no positive effect on the game.
    That is true but it has sadly been created due to desperation of limited groups. Besides, already been proven that you can still suck even though you have the achievement or not. Even people who got the achievement in a legit way, has proven to suck.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

and requiriing AoTC to join groups has a possitive effect ? best joke of the year.

Best example I've seen, was a friend who is a DPS. The person had the gear for HC KJ and the dps, even the experience all the way to KJHC at 10% wipes, no achievement. A raiding group that kept asking for AOTC kept calling out for a DPS, didn't take him due to no achievement. Group found one with an achievement, surprise surprise, was a boosted character whom ended up wiping the group, twice.
    From raid leader perspective whats the difference? You have a choice: Invite people with achievement or invite people without achievement. It's pretty simple who you would invite.

I'm 935 monk tank and I can't find sometimes a group for M+ just because that I don't have 2k+ mythic score and ITS COMPLETELY UNDERSTANDABLE to me. The same applies when I invite people for pug raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    That's why I'm always checking wowprogress instead of some fake achievements.
    Which you should, a real raid leader should expect to do some 'admin' to have people join.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and requiriing AoTC to join groups has a possitive effect ? best joke of the year.
    If the addon were to be banned, I guess all AOTC groups should be separated from the general LFG system and only be visible to AOTC people, guess would solve the reason for the addon.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You hate entitled leeches irl but you don't hate them in game where it is so much easier to weed them out and ignore them :thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    I usually check the armory of people and when I see a fake ACM I kick the PoS at 15% health.
    lil kid playing mmo
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-08-16 at 05:27 PM.

that part of p2w might be true 10 years ago but it doesnt hold anymore in nowadays gamer society - people are so used to p2w and cash shops and micropayments to twitch and similiar sites that they dont care anymore - blizzard is one of the last dinosaurs who refuse to do so - but p2w in mobile phones is bringing so much money to companies that blizzard could only dream about - hell hearthstone is proving it perfeckly - when low budget game bring them more cash from game shop then wow while taking in incomparable less resources to develop and maintain .
    Meanwhile, games like Runescape has both a "new, shiny updated" version of the game with tons of MTX, that has been building it's playerbase since the early 2000's.
    And an "old, no MTX, nostalgia based" version that was taken from a 2007 backup, and has been running for about 4 years now (it was released in 2013). Guess which of the two games that regularly has more players on it? DING DING, the 2007 version where you can't "buy" your way to the top. When the general public is asked, one of the main reasons to quitting the new version is the same; "MTX ruins the game".

Just because some people are used to it by now does not mean people WANT it. Likewise, the reason it WORKS in the mobile industry, is that mobile games are very, very rarely "competitive". Nobody cares if you buy extra lives in candy crush to get a few more attempts at a map, or if you buy rubies in clicker heroes to get through levels slightly faster. It has no effect on other people, because the games play on your own, personal goals that has little to do with competing with other people. The only MTX that "works" in a competitive environment is cosmetic (which WoW already has, by the way - mounts and pets and those stupid hats). The moment you can BUY power is the moment a MMO that has competition as one of it's core principles dies.

and that part about wow being "casual friendly " is a straight lie - casuals are still treated like underdogs - they get shit content while all catering goes to top 5 % - yes WoW is still raiding on addiction of few milion of people but they cannot feed on that forever . they will eventuall bleed out because younger generation is not playing wow - its only "dinosaurs of gaming world" , people 30 + who populate wow - not most desired aka 15-25 age group - people who toss in $$$ like candy at microtransactions.
    That is mother-fucking-bullshit and you know it.
    Here, let me show you a random alt that I don't do ANYTHING with guild-wise. It does it's weekly 15 dungeon in pugs, it pugs heroic Tomb, it is essentially played like a "casual" would, doing a 15 dungeon and a single raid a week, with less than 10hrs played time over a full 7 day week.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/l...l/Dracostralz/

Here's another where I do my 15 with guildies (because we lack tanks), but otherwise just PUG for gear:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ull/draconorea

I have access to 930 item level, all of heroic and can do essentially everything in the game - except "organised content", which mythic by definition is. Under a non-organised concept like you suggest, Mythic simply wouldn't be doable, because it'd have to be A LOT easier to do if you have to constantly have people come and go as their schedules permit, of varying skill levels etc... Heroic already fullfills everything you need in that regard.

(also I'm in the 15-25 age group, and so are most of the people I play with <.<).

10+ Year Old Account
    The only joke around here is players like you with your self entitled attitude friend. I got my curve in the first week by putting in effort. I suggest if people want the "achievement" they work towards it, rather than waste time coming up with bull-crap reasons for not having it.

Just because you don't have it, doesn't mean you aren't able to but need the people. The majority would just have to buy their way, how would that help your group?
    So its ok to cheat because if they dont cheat they can always pay with gold and get achievement. Thats amazing logic. You can boost 1-2 people in a 12-14 man group, you cant boost a tank or shitty healer, so thats only dps. When ppl link fake achievement leader expects from that player to know whats he doing, would you like to have a tank on KJ HC that doesnt know shit but he faked achievement?!

Some people wish to join people whom has done it before, hence they hope for a spot in an experienced group. If you are willing to demand high, you gotta expect people to do their best to get in as well.

I would love to get KJ mythic so i like to join that kill. Makes sense, kids needs something, lets fake achievement so i can get it EZ. If i expect from players to have KJ killed on HC i expect that, not some tards that link fake achievements. Thats like going out on a date with girl/guy but she/he was sending you photos of some hot person and when u get there u see someone else....

And how is that best example! You just proven that a person who invested countless wipes is better option then a person that got boosted or got kill by linking fake achievement! Good for you!!!
    Last edited by markos82; 2017-08-16 at 11:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    And because of ppl like you the experience of the game is ruined. I would perma ban everyone who uses addons like that.
    How is it ruined if we all got the kill? Sad because I didn't have to grind my way through the rest of the boring raid?

The only joke around here is players like you with your self entitled attitude friend. I got my curve in the first week by putting in effort. I suggest if people want the "achievement" they work towards it, rather than waste time coming up with bull-crap reasons for not having it.
    guess we put effort into different goals - i put mine into life and work you into meaningless computer games - good for you i guess ?

- - - Updated - - -

And how is that best example! You just proven that a person who invested countless wipes is better option then a person that got boosted or got kill by linking fake achievement! Good for you!!!
    if you invested "countless wipes" into hc mode then this is you making fun out of yourself - not really a reason to be proud of -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Use a fake achievement add on, that's what I've always done.

And you're probably also the kind of player that leaves after the first wipe, because the others did not carry you with enough effort, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    And you're probably also the kind of player that leaves after the first wipe, because the others did not carry you with enough effort, right?
    Wrong. I'm usually the last person to leave. Sneaking into a group takes time and commitment, I'm not about to throw that away because they wiped once or ten times.

The only time I leave after a wipe is when I'm kicked.

I just cross my fingers and hope my DPS is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Not everyone has time to commit to a video game schedule. If he wants to pug he should still be able to see content.
    He does get to see the content. It is just a harder road and that is what you have to accept. The guild path is the designed path. It doesn't mean you cannot take another road but it is an acceptance that its going to be a bumper ride.

If I do not have the credit to buy a house my right to buy a house is not taken away. It just means I do not have the resources to acquire the house which are laid out by the people that lead the money. When I gain these resources the home seller would gladly take it for me for the house. Although it doesn't really guarantee them that I will make the payments. So sure it isn't a perfect way to judge if I will pay. It just is an extra layer of assurance that I might. Of course, I can man up and just save up the total amount for the house but that also has its down sides and takes a lot more time. The home is the instance run. AOTC is that credit. If you don't pay up to that credit you will get kicked out. If you want it get the credit or deal with saving up all the way for the full price.

So I agree he has the right to see it. But he doesn't have the right to force others to carry him along. That is their right to say no to him if they don't think he has what it takes to be in their group. If you give someone the "right" means you have to take someone's "right" away what is really the point of standing on "rights" at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    guess we put effort into different goals - i put mine into life and work you into meaningless computer games - good for you i guess ?
    I'm sorry your life is so hectic that you can't procrastinate and have fun as much as me. One day maybe you'll get to a stable place in life where you can have a good job, healthy social life and play wow at a decent level, just like me.

Then AoTC won't even be a thing, you'll be lit.