Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    eh, i don't even care if we actually see half breed characters. i just want models for them, to see what they look like.

and then like a racial phylogeny and general biology book that goes into agonizing detail that like no other person but me would be interested in.
    Yeah I would be interested in that as well.

I want to see what hybrids of the tauren subraces would look like. A Bloodhoof tauren and an Icemist taunka, tauren and yaungol, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Away with you! Don't encourage it!

I can hear @Ramz and @Zulkhan both dry heaving.
    The worst part is that some clandestine garbage of this kind may actually happen one day. Guess it's fine as long this game applies a good "eye does not see heart does not grieve" approach because I definitely don't want to see any of that shit.

I mean, go on if you want trolls and elves to achieve more friendly terms, being allies and all, but no mix of biological liquids for Christ's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    even in SotH it was written that trolls can easily break human's bones just by grabbing them.
    I don't remember that but I remember clearly when Vol'jin complains about Tyrathan's frailty when he "impersonates" the human, realizing he would break half of his bones by doing the jumps he was used to make as troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Heck even in 4.1. when Vol'Jin came to warn blood elves they were still super souspicious of him just because he was a troll. And trolls and elves are ancinet enemies.
    Nah, Lor'themar had more issues with his "compatriot" Vereesa than he had with any of the Darkspear. Halduron was extremely corteous while addressing Vol'jin, going far to call him "Chieftain". Hell, even godwaful Vereesa didn't show any particular issue in working alongside Darkspear scouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Kaldorei tend to get more butthurt about everything than other races, even those descended from them. But yeah, the insult could've been something better. Odd the Nightborne, who are also elves descended from trolls like the rest, would go with that.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Kaldorei tend to get more butthurt about everything than other races, even those descended from them. But yeah, the insult could've been something better. Odd the Nightborne, who are also elves descended from trolls like the rest, would go with that.
    Your thinking of Elisande calling the night elves no better than Trolls, The blood elves put a statue of a troll titled "your ancestor" In the night elf camp previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Your thinking of Elisande calling the night elves no better than Trolls, The blood elves put a statue of a troll titled "your ancestor" In the night elf camp previously.
    Wasn't it the Nightborne saboteurs?

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    No, it was the Blood Elves trolling (quite literally) the Night Elves. Night Elves did kinda the same (like mocking Blood Elves for being mana addicts and similar).
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was fairly certain that the night elves and blood elves were insulting each other, the mood def wasn't friendly with Vereesa trying to shoot at Rommath etc.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I was fairly certain that the night elves and blood elves were insulting each other, the mood def wasn't friendly with Vereesa trying to shoot at Rommath etc.
    There was a quest to discover and slay Nightborne saboteurs disguised as blood/night elves at the same time you do this quest, so I just kinda put two and two together here.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a quest to discover and slay Nightborne saboteurs disguised as blood/night elves at the same time you do this quest, so I just kinda put two and two together here.
    I'll prob sub again in a week, ill go check it out on an alt.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not subbed by October by I watched Nobbel's video covering the whole Suramar storyline, the two quests are not related to each other. The premise of the quest at hand was that Blood Elves and Night Elves were doing "pranks" at each other, which overall was the tip of the iceberg since Kirin Tor peacekeepers deemed the overall feeling of hostility between the two big enough to dwarf even the Alliance/Horde conflict.

The nighborne had no idea about both the night and blood elves to begin with, even if they planted these insults they must have gathered the intelligence necessary among these armies to place effective insults. I find one of the night elf reactions far more interesting "mana addicted city dwellers"

Such a shame the Alliance never had a quest like the Horde does in Pandaria where Lorewalker Cho shows your character its lineage.

Would be hilarious to see a Nelf talk themselves out of that one!!

Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    Such a shame the Alliance never had a quest like the Horde does in Pandaria where Lorewalker Cho shows your character its lineage.

It doesn't go that far back for belves. Though it would have been fun if night elves had seen their ancestry. The goblin one is hilarious with almost everyone on fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmWiXRRX1RM

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It doesn't go that far back for belves. Though it would have been fun if night elves had seen their ancestry. The goblin one is hilarious with almost everyone on fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmWiXRRX1RM
    Yeah i thought it did but my memory was a little hazy so i too looked it up and it appears that it doesnt but still wouldve been funny if a Nelfs vision went that far back but its wierd cause the Forsaken one does cause it shows you a vrykrul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post

Well it would have been weird to see another playable race put there, considered how the Troll character see only...well, Trolls in their ancestry.

The point is it's the NElves that are far more touchy about their troll ancestry. Besides,Weren't the insults discovered to be set up by nightborne masquerading as blood/night elves? In which case it makes sense that the insult only offends, not that it's accurate so as to disrupt the gathered forces by having them turn on each other.

Sure all elves were transformed from trolls. Blood/high elf is actually a devolution from night elf, a step down from their previous highborne night elven forms that were infused by a greater source of power. Their exile weakened them a lot, with many dying, they are shown to be step down from night elf, less magical power infusion, less stature, less life, less int (before they boost that via arcane means after creating the sunwell - night elves didn't use the arcane for spells post sundering so did not enhance their intellect further but their base Int pre enhancement wud be higher than the devolved high elf pre sunwell, but not post until unless you are Mage or arcane night elf like the high/nightborne where you'd certainly be boosting your int and would have been for 10k yrs if the latter.

And yet they (high elves) have done more with less. This shows that their calibre and pedigree of highborne was one of the greatest in the night elf empire (likely being Zin'Azshari highborne, the capital and seat of government would likely have been home to the highest concentration of the most illustrious and capable of the highborne, with the best closest to the Queen, and Darth'remar's group were all palace highborne, they were some of the very best highborne of the night elf empire) so even devolved and with a weaker source of magic, high/blood elves did a lot more than any night elf group incl the nightborne. This is what makes them the best elven group imo.

It's the Kaldorei ho that are touchy about the troll connection, the high/blood elves are allied with Trolls and as a group too young for this piece of trivia to bother them much especiallly now they are allied with Trolls, it's hardly going to offend them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The nighborne had no idea about both the night and blood elves to begin with, even if they planted these insults they must have gathered the intelligence necessary among these armies to place effective insults. I find one of the night elf reactions far more interesting "mana addicted city dwellers"
    The nightborne are accomplished Astro and chronomancers. Elisande already knows enough by the time she confronts the allied elven army. And you are shown time slowing and speeding up rooms in Suramar where they are studying with all manner of enhanced means beyond any of us. They've been catching up on history since the shield came down. Don't forget, the evil nightborne think they are going to reconquer the world in a glorious Shal'dorei empire just like it was pre-sundering - the way they remember, the way it should be and everyone else is beneath them, they emerge still far ahead of anyone else in magical knowledge and accomplishments and they would know it. After all even 10k years later, no city compares to the night elven city of Suramar, the accomplishments of other races are still vastly behind and no where close, the other elves in their eyes have seriously regressed - living in forests? Mixing with lesser species? They've built nothing close to what their people were doing pre sundering. The closest to Suramar, Silvermoon, is still not there yet, but at least it bears a measure of grandness and a history that should make the sin'dorei at least be able to understand Elisande.

They've done their homework. And remember, they don't need to be accurate or perfectly balanced with the insults. They only need to offend enough to cause the two armies to turn on each other. It's night elves that are touchy about their troll ancestry, not so much blood elves

It's further indication that it is nightborne sabateours rather than blood elven ones. Cause if it was blood elven It's hard not to think the clever blood elf would think "the jokes on also on me" but masquerading nightborne wont care as much. Research would show night elves touchy about this and it doesn't offend nightborne because they know that Kaldorei were elevated from dark Trolls in a full transformation and have shown their vast superiority. It is the post sundering Kaldorei that have regressed into troll like Orr-civilzation savagery. It's not true ofc to anyone who looks close, incl the nightborne. But that's not the point. Being truthful or accurate is not the point of an insult. It's digging on the things that are most offended by to cos maximum hurt/disruption and damage
    Sorting
    Last edited by Beloren; 2017-08-17 at 04:15 AM.