Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Until nothing happens.
    And here i thought that the Long Night was upon us once more...

Sad to be disappointed...

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    A subrace for could have longer ears and minor stuff like that. Its not a complete remodel of the standard race.
    Well that just falls under the customization options. Different skin tone for mag'har orcs or tattoos for wildhammers are exatcly that. From your posts it seems to me like you disagree with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    Actually not. In lore Nightbourne would be subrace of Night elves and High elves would be subrace of Blood elves (the opposite actually) but ingame because of faction affiliation they'd be listed as my original post.
    Or maybe, being mere customization options with barely any lore attached, every subrace will be put under its legitimate proto-race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    I think WoW will never evolve in this way. Too much work
    When I think about subraces and the "fan wishes" here I'd say the same. Some really want every race to get an additional "race" which is pretty nice but the work Blizzard needs to put into it... too much. It would be easier for them to just release one new race per faction.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    "Is there any hope of sub races, such as Taunka or Dark Iron Dwarves being playable in the future?"
    "There were tens of thousands of votes for this one, I'll take it. So our mission is to sell the class and the race--the fantasy. So the easy answer is yes, we'd love to do it. But the more difficult answer is how will we do it? We'll be working on it."

This question was asked and answered during Blizzcon 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhTTY4-5E1s&t=259s

Here's wowhead recap of that: http://www.wowhead.com/news=249826/b...n-2015-wow-q-a

So I guess sub races will be eventually added to the game. But the real question is - when?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    So I guess sub races will be eventually added to the game. But the real question is - when?
    Around the time they add dance studio, aerial combat and more.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

"Is there any hope of sub races, such as Taunka or Dark Iron Dwarves being playable in the future?"
    "There were tens of thousands of votes for this one, I'll take it. So our mission is to sell the class and the race--the fantasy. So the easy answer is yes, we'd love to do it. But the more difficult answer is how will we do it? We'll be working on it."

This question was asked and answered during Blizzcon 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhTTY4-5E1s&t=259s

Here's wowhead recap of that: http://www.wowhead.com/news=249826/b...n-2015-wow-q-a

I'd say the real question is how and not when. How they do it is much more important for the long run.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    When I think about subraces and the "fan wishes" here I'd say the same. Some really want every race to get an additional "race" which is pretty nice but the work Blizzard needs to put into it... too much. It would be easier for them to just release one new race per faction.
    True but in the blizzcon 2015 Q and A they said they were working on it so i believe its one of the things they have been working on for years and sometimes we get a glimpse of there work like the nightfallen, highmountain tauren and the lightforged dranie
    Be Free! <3

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrath had subraces?
    troll

If the next expansion is Bolvar related and has subraces you wouldn't be too wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Wrath had subraces?
    troll

If the next expansion is Bolvar related and has subraces you wouldn't be too wrong.
    The point is, even if they said they are working on it, it means nothing because they've been working on a lot of stuff and never delivered them.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

They barely manage to release a single new race every 2 expansions and sometimes even miss some and you guys are hoping to get sub races of the existent 12 races in the game. Not going to happen anytime soon.

Deleted
    Rhonin returns and tells us that he was teleported to another dimension by the mana bomb.
    Would be funny if they decided to redeem Garrosh next.
    Somehow, because of what he's done, he prevented the whatever enemies from coming and destroying Azeroth while we were being busy fighting the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    They barely manage to release a single new race every 2 expansions and sometimes even miss some and you guys are hoping to get sub races of the existent 12 races in the game. Not going to happen anytime soon.
    Do you understand that sub-races use just modifications of existing models and are not even remotely as complex to add than four (male/female for each faction) whole new models, right?

Also, in WoD they redid the models of 10 races.

Subraces wouldn't take half the work they had in WoD.

Specially since not every race would get a subrace, I think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sekov View Post
    Rhonin returns and tells us that he was teleported to another dimension by the mana bomb.
    Would be funny if they decided to redeem Garrosh next.
    Somehow, because of what he's done, he prevented the whatever enemies from coming and destroying Azeroth while we were being busy fighting the Legion.
    I would actually not mind something out of the blue like this.
    We come back to Azeroth after defeating the BL, thinking we'll have some peace and then bam, this guy we thought was dead comes back saying he's been holding back some new enemy (hopefully new and not Void/Oldgods) for the past few years but he's no longer able to and needs help.

The real question is how*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Do you understand that sub-races use just modifications of existing models and are not even remotely as complex to add than four (male/female for each faction) whole new models, right?

You are assuming how blizz would implement such a feature.

Also, in WoD they redid the models of 10 races.

Subraces wouldn't take half the work they had in WoD.

Specially since not every race would get a subrace, I think.
    It's not that simple, you know? There's a lot of technical difficulties that come along a player controlling a new race even if it's a sub race and easier to model. Also the start zone should not be the same as the main race they come from.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just realized that with ToS and 7.3 that the chance of us getting the other side of Azeroth went up by a lot (or at least the existence of it).

Since we can see Argus from both the most East point of EK and most West point of Kalimdor as well as from the the Broken isles (close to the center) it means that all 3 points are on the sam half of the planet if you were to cut it vertically, and also that the distance from East EK to West Kalimdor is greater if you travel east (over the other side) than west ( over the world map we know).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I just realized that with ToS and 7.3 that the chance of us getting the other side of Azeroth went up by a lot (or at least the existence of it).

Since we can see Argus from both the most East point of EK and most West point of Kalimdor as well as from the the Broken isles (close to the center) it means that all 3 points are on the sam half of the planet if you were to cut it vertically, and also that the distance from East EK to West Kalimdor is greater if you travel east (over the other side) than west ( over the world map we know).
    Pretty sure this was well known already. Though from Argus shouldn't we be able to see Azeroth rotate and see some landmasses on the other side )

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    It's not that simple, you know? There's a lot of technical difficulties that come along a player controlling a new race even if it's a sub race and easier to model. Also the start zone should not be the same as the main race they come from.
    The start zone depends on other factors. But the easiest way is to make small instanced areas in which you level 5 levels or so, and then is sent to the standard races' zones.

Or, if the expansion is race-focused, they could decide to revamp all races' starting zones, and then adjust those areas to accomodate the sub-races, explaining why they are there.

Look at Legion. They did questlines for 36 different artifacts, 12 class campaigns and then the 12 mount scenarios. Small, contained starting areas for sub-races wouldn't require that much work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    Pretty sure this was well known already. Though from Argus shouldn't we be able to see Azeroth rotate and see some landmasses on the other side )
    Maybe (the space rift) Argus is locked to Azeroths rotation so that it makes 1 orbit at the same time it takes Azeroth to make one rotation around its axis.

Also, talking about seeing Azeroth from Argus. it seems like Argus is a really small planet since Azeroth takes a much bigger portion of Argus' sky than Argus takes of off Azeroth's.

- - - Updated - - -

The start zone depends on other factors. But the easiest way is to make small instanced areas in which you level 5 levels or so, and then is sent to the standard races' zones.

Or, if the expansion is race-focused, they could decide to revamp all races' starting zones, and then adjust those areas to accomodate the sub-races, explaining why they are there.

Look at Legion. They did questlines for 36 different artifacts, 12 class campaigns and then the 12 mount scenarios. Small, contained starting areas for sub-races wouldn't require that much work.
    If this expansion is gonna have another supposed revamp, then adding new starting zones wouldn't be a problem at all, since most of them have a similar linear quest progression.