Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The start zone depends on other factors. But the easiest way is to make small instanced areas in which you level 5 levels or so, and then is sent to the standard races' zones.

Or, if the expansion is race-focused, they could decide to revamp all races' starting zones, and then adjust those areas to accomodate the sub-races, explaining why they are there.

Look at Legion. They did questlines for 36 different artifacts, 12 class campaigns and then the 12 mount scenarios. Small, contained starting areas for sub-races wouldn't require that much work.
    That is the approach I suspect, or at least hope, they would take with sub-races. And none of this "Vrykuls as a human sub-race" bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume Blizzard wouldn't show other new landmasses to not spoil a future surprise.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Look at Legion. They did questlines for 36 different artifacts, 12 class campaigns and then the 12 mount scenarios. Small, contained starting areas for sub-races wouldn't require that much work.
    They didn't really...

The artifact quests have some shared instances and some of them are a replica of a different artifact quest.

Im not saying they can't do aomething of this magnitude, they might... If they want too...

But Sub races are much more complex, especially if thwy will not come as an appearance only thing...

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    They didn't really...

The artifact quests have some shared instances and some of them are a replica of a different artifact quest.

Im not saying they can't do aomething of this magnitude, they might... If they want too...

But Sub races are much more complex, especially if thwy will not come as an appearance only thing...
    yeah, affliction, unholy, and balance all share their quest into kara (others might too, don't recall though)

Deleted
    Look at Legion. They did questlines for 36 different artifacts, 12 class campaigns and then the 12 mount scenarios.
    By the way I hope they won't make new unique quests for each class in the next expansion - a person that doesn't play on alts is missing tons of content.

Well, they put a lot of work into this but not as much as I'd liked to. There are maybe 20 different artifact quests, maybe even less. Many classes share them (I know at least 3 artifact quests that share the Karazhan scenario).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    They didn't really...

Some sub-races could share starting areas as well.

For instance, imagine we'd have high elves (I know!) and forest trolls. They both could share the Hinterlands as a starting scenario. Same with, say, Mag'har and Broken, both could share a Nagrand (Outland) scenario. These are just examples.

Still, doing 13 scenarios (presuming each race gets one sub-race, which I don't think it'll be the case) is still less work than what they did for all the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    By the way I hope they won't make new unique quests for each class in the next expansion - a person that doesn't play on alts is missing tons of content.
    I hope next expansion is race-focused. My wet dream right now would be all non-instanced 1-20 areas revamped. Make each race retake their lands, explore sub-factions within each race (other human kingdoms, orc clans, tauren tribes, and so on) and just remake those areas so they are not snapshotted into Cataclysm anymore.

With several pluses: with mob scaling, this could double as pre-expansion content; any race can travel to another race's area and do the quests there; and it would be an awesome way to introduce new faces for each race and update the status of each race after the events of Legion. Plus, if this was done, you could just introduce the subraces throught the revamped areas, instead of having to make a separate starting point for them.

And, repeating myself, but I think a lot of people skipped my other post, this is how I think subraces would be done:

My concept:

If a sub-race can be achieved by just a new skin, then it'll be just a new skin. So, Maghar, Wildhammer and so on would be just new skins.
    "Sub-race", in this concept, is when the model is different from base race. For example, Broken from Draenei or Taunka for Tauren. Sub-races, in this context, would have:
    - Its own customization options (for example, options for faces/horns would be different for Taunka)
    - Its own set of classes available (for example, Broken could be Warlocks or Rogues, unlike Draenei)
    - Its own racial identification in the tooltip ("Broken" instead of "Draenei")
    - A different narration when you start a new character, explaining your sub-race.

My idea of a possible selection of new customization features and sub-races is that not every race would get a sub-race. There would be only a few sub-races, but other races would be compensated by getting way more customization options, including body types. Here's how I'd do it.

Unprecedented Customization Options:
    For all races:
    - New hairstyles
    - New skin and hair colors

Death Knights:
    - Add option to choose eye glow (standard, red, green or none).
    - New "Cult of the Damned" skins.

Humans:
    - New faces and hair that allow ethinic variation (asian-like, black-like features, curled hair types)
    - Body type (choose between current muscular or new agile body types for both males and females)

Dwarves:
    - New beards
    - Wildhammer and Dark Iron skins

Night Elves:
    - Can choose eye glow (yellow or blue, not linked to sex anymore)
    - New tatoos (including males' and body tattoos)
    - Subrace: High Elf. After the events of Legion, the high elves, under the protection of the Silver Covenant, have been strengthening their ties to both the Night Elves and the Wildhammer dwarves.

Gnomes:
    - New faces, skins and hairstyles (Including the smiling female we almost got in WoD)

Draenei:
    - New skins, including partially corrupted (greyish, redish)
    - Eye color (blue, golden, violet, light green)
    - Tails (including longer options and tail accessories)
    - New horns
    - Subrace: Broken. From both Outland and Argus, the krokul outcasts have been searching a new beginning for their lives.

Worgen:
    - New skins, faces
    - High-res models.
    - Human model customization separated from Worgen's.

Orcs:
    - New faces
    - Skins for every orc type: fel-tainted red, brown (light and dark), grey (light and dark)
    - Tatoos (like Bleeding Hollow)/Body paint
    - Body type: Choose between hunched or straight back.

Tauren:
    - Skins for Grimtotem, Highmountain and new ones.
    - More faces (specially for female)
    - New horns (including Hightmountain)
    - Subrace: Taunka. The formidable taunka of Northrend have been exploring the world beyond.

Trolls:
    - Skins for forest, ice, desert
    - New tatoos/fangs
    - Body types: Standard slim or muscular (like Forest Trolls).
    - (At first I considering making Forest Trolls a subrace, but then came the idea of combining new skins and body types, so we could make a proper forest troll, a muscular jungle troll, a slim ice troll or other combinations that wouldn't be possible with just one subrace).

Undead:
    - New skins
    - Eye glow: choose between standard yellow, blue (like Lilian Voss'), green or red.
    - Body type: Option to hide bones
    - Subraces: Forsaken Elf (uses blood elf model). The elves killed by the Scourge, now in service of Sylvanas; Elite Forsaken (uses human models with dead skins; based on recent Nathanos story). New developments would allow Sylvanas to strengthen a few more Forsaken, creating an elite cadre of champions.

Blood Elf
    - New skins (including options both for partially fel-infused [darker tones, redish, scars] and more akin to night elf/nightborne ancestry [lighter tones, slightly greyish or bluish])
    - Eye glow: choose standard green, blue, silvery or golden
    - Tattoos and arcane runes
    - Subrace: Nightborne. After the events of Suramar, a good number of nightborne have formed a deeper bond with their long-lost Sin'dorei cousins. In order to study with them and have access to the Sunwell, these nightborne have pledged allegiance to Silvermoon.

Goblin:
    - New high-res models
    - New options for faces and hairstyles
    - Body types (standard slim or slightly fat)

Pandaren:
    - MORE FACES!
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-08-16 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Well, doesn't seem like they're announcing anything today, been rather quiet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Why wouldn't they be quiet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Is gamescom schedule suppose to came out today as well?

Just check their website by the end of the day. I don't think they will do any fanfare for just publishing a schedule.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezeWasabi View Post
    Is gamescom schedule suppose to came out today as well?
    Gamescom is next week, I'd say it should happen between today and Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Gamescom is next week, I'd say it should happen between today and Friday.
    Friday is quite late, they used to release it a week beforehand.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I'm not deciding if they do subraces, i'm jsut saying that IF they do them, its gonna be with remodeling. Otherwise its pointless to have them since we already have different skin colours.

Honestly there is plenty of examples of subraces and you can go look them up on google.
    They already confirmed they're going to do them

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    No, friday is too late, it has to happen today or else there won't be a reveal there. You always have to give at least a week's notice beforehand, not 6 days, not 5 days.

I don't know about you, but if they release sub-races I want to customize my sub-race just as I can customize the races right now. So I don't want to have the same character as absolutely everyone else. Essentially that will be almost the same amount of work as a new race.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, friday is too late, it has to happen today or else there won't be a reveal there. You always have to give at least a week's notice beforehand, not 6 days, not 5 days.
    And why's that?

I'd say the definite answer is when they release their schedule, and there's no rule saying it cant be a day before the start.

i wish we could play as Valkyr.

I dont think subraces sell as a core feature of an expansion. In the end its just customization. You choose it once and thats it. It would have been nice from the start but compared to Main features like garrisons or artifacts its not a main thing that is important through leveling content. And all the old chars? It adds nothing for them. Not gonna happen imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    After 13 years, is quite impossible that a player got only one character... and this, story wise, adds value to the game because it gives you a reason to try more than one class, its less boring and its more simple, as they give to you a character done, at every new expension.

We have to hope that this is something we can find in every expansions..

As a pet collectors I have to exp severals alts for their pets... immagine how boring is if all classes got the same story.

btw, you can always watch the videos! ^^
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat