Ive been trying to play comp lucioball and the consistency of hitting the ball is all over the place... Game i just came out of had me boop the almost stationary ball from point blank and it didnt move while punching it from the same place did move the ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Ive been trying to play comp lucioball and the consistency of hitting the ball is all over the place... Game i just came out of had me boop the almost stationary ball from point blank and it didnt move while punching it from the same place did move the ball.
    I've stopped playing because the hit detection is so totally borked. I've only got a ~40ms ping, which shouldn't be an issue, but it seems like every time I try and hit the ball while moving, especially in the air, I'll whiff. It only works if I can "predict" where the ball will be, and boop pre-emptively, which obviously can't work when you're fighting for the ball. Goalie works okay again, unless I need to jump, and then it's a shitshow again.

It's a shame, because I LIKE Lucioball. If it works. But 9/10 times right now, it doesn't. The ball will hit me and go right on through, unless my goalie kicks it into the back of my stationary head, and then it bounces off perfectly into my own goal.

And all this time, I'm watching the enemy team body-block shots, do air-kicks like pros, and so forth. So it's clearly not hurting EVERYONE. But those of us it hits, it's unplayable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I seriously think there is a hidden equation that after you win so many compared to losses the MMR starts stacking things against you in some lame attempt to equal things out and really make you start working for those wins.
    I'm inclined to believe you. Now its dropped me to 2041. Almost have 30 point difference
    from my wins. Which is fucking absurd compared to earlier seasons.

It legitimately feels like the system, silly as it sounds, has a sort of vendetta towards me
    specifically. I don't know how else you get from nearly hitting plat to just being completely
    stuck in a horrible back and forth, but mostly going back, back, FAR back for the entirety
    of a season.

Especially since again, never had that much trouble getting to Plat before (if anything,
    getting OUT of Plat was the problem), but now I can't even hit Plat?

Some incomprehensible bullshit going on here.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-08-16 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Funny of the week: earlier in mystery heroes I was told by some e-peening diamonds what basically amounted to "team composition doesn't make any difference" in an attempt to deny that the mode is about RNG. Kinda makes me wonder how did someone that delusional even reach diamond in the first place. Ah well, reminded me to not bother trying to reason with socially immature people as it's always just a waste of time.
    Oh those sweet summer childs.

I'm sure team comp doesn't matter at all, when your team keeps getting 2-3 Genjis/Sombras/Widowmakers while the other team has two Winstons. Not at all.

And yes, I had that happen last night, and I'm somewhat salty still.

Fun, pick mei in hanamura and every time I'm about to freeze and headshot their mercy, lucio on our team comes and pushes her out of headshot if he was nearby and they won because of mercy being able to res because he pushed her out of my headshot when frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Look at goal, Aim at the top of the ball, win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh those sweet summer childs.

I'm sure team comp doesn't matter at all, when your team keeps getting 2-3 Genjis/Sombras/Widowmakers while the other team has two Winstons. Not at all.

And yes, I had that happen last night, and I'm somewhat salty still.
    Mode says random, is random. Sometimes you roll 7's sometimes you roll craps.
    Last night on Gibraltar we got 2 Orissa and we took turns tossing down advancing shields and marched to first control point every 4 seconds. Once those two died suddenly we had 3 Hanzos and we lost. That's random for ya!
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-08-17 at 12:58 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Mode says random, is random. Sometimes you roll 8's, sometimes you roll craps.
    Last night on Gibraltar we got 2 Orissa and we took turns tossing down advancing shields and marched to first control point every 4 seconds. Once those two died suddenly we had 3 Hanzos and we lost. That's random for ya!
    I'm not contesting that, I'm just saying it's silly to claim the random comp doesn't impact it at all.

I'd like to see a mode where every character is put in a hidden random lineup in every game and when a player dies on a team they cycle into the next hidden hero in the rotation and the first team to exhaust the rotation loses.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'd like to see a mode where every character is put in a hidden random lineup in every game and when a player dies on a team they cycle into the next hidden hero in the rotation and the first team to exhaust the rotation loses.
    Hero selection pool is too small. Game would be over when first group gets wiped

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Hero selection pool is too small. Game would be over when first group gets wiped
    If every player died on your team in team wipes it would give you 4 team wipes and there are lots of arcade modes over faster than that. Best 2 of 3 would elongate the mode.

I'm practicing Doomfist and I tend to find that I love to see Zarya and Mei on my team. Not only is Mei setting me up with some sweet charge kills when she freezes but since DF's ult charges so quickly I can ult when ever they do a CC ult for team wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by skr1107 View Post
    I'm practicing Doomfist and I tend to find that I love to see Zarya and Mei on my team. Not only is Mei setting me up with some sweet charge kills when she freezes but since DF's ult charges so quickly I can ult when ever they do a CC ult for team wipes.
    I love having a good DF on my team as an Ana main. I can nano the DF whenever its up regardless of his ult % because he just does so much damage. I can see him getting nerfed hard soon though.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by skr1107 View Post
    Zarya/DF is great, bubble helps to patch up some of his weaker sides too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to get back to this game always falls short because of Genji, everything's fair and good and then you meet a good Genji

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually dropped to the 1900s (1917) now. I have NEVER dropped this low on comp before.

Holy fucking shit, this MM is beyond broken.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-08-18 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Actually dropped to the 1900s (1917) now. I have NEVER dropped this low on comp before.

Holy fucking shit, this MM is beyond broken.
    Yep, losing streak is back. MOst of my enjoyment in game is now from reporting people when they act toxic as fuck in voice chat or game chat. That's how bad my games have become lately.
    Think I'm done with this game for the season. It's so far from fun I'm begonnging to feel tortured playing it.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-08-18 at 06:34 AM.

Just don't bother with competitive if you don't find it enjoyable. You have to take a step back and consider things objectively. Is it causing you frustration? Are you constantly being given a raw deal that screws over your progress? Do you feel as though some maps/heroes are poorly balanced?

I don't bother with it at all. I play Overwatch for fun, particularly around the time of a new event and mostly it's for the sake of just playing the 'casual' game modes. Or the quirky custom games people come up with. I also enjoy playing other games, so investing the amount of time it would take to climb up the ranks in Overwatch just doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

Managed to hit my peak of 4.2k, pretty happy I did but the game is undeniably very unbalanced right.

Matchmaking needs changing but I can't say how to fix it, playing on the KR servers is something a lot of people have started to do but the ping issues make it feel a little shit, the game is way more fun there if it doesn't lag though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yep, losing streak is back. MOst of my enjoyment in game is now from reporting people when they act toxic as fuck in voice chat or game chat.
    Yeah, probably out of any other Blizzard game, I've got the most Ignores on Overwatch.

Although my question is this, since Blizzard can track text, how can they punish someone who's toxic on voice chat?
    Pretty sure they don't record that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Yeah, probably out of any other Blizzard game, I've got the most Ignores on Overwatch.

Although my question is this, since Blizzard can track text, how can they punish someone who's toxic on voice chat?
    Pretty sure they don't record that.
    It wouldn't be THAT hard to record voice chat alongside everything else, and flag all records for deletion within 10 minutes (or whatever short time frame makes sense) unless a report is received. You'd be constantly recording and deleting stuff, but only retaining content that gets flagged with a report. Then it's just a matter of having enough staff to process the reports and enough server space to hold the temporary records (likely trivial for Blizzard).