Arms Opener Question

Do the MSs that you get from T20 4p use your Shattered Defenses buffs? If they do would it be at all useful to do charge->warbreaker->rend->BC->BS/Ravager as your start so that you can guarantee follow up that with CS/MS (in BC if using ravager). This would also let your first CS shave off 3 secs from BS/RVG.

If the using bladestorm those extra 3 secs could get you to a faster CD as you usually waiting on BS while BC is ready. If doing Ravager/CoF it may not be as useful as usually waiting on BC. If Warbreaker also procs 2p bonus then this is probably all a moot point.

I guess another questio ill add here as well.
    Often during execute phase my first execute will proc tactician. Should i use that CS for the second execute or go ahead and execute 2nd time then use CS for EPx2 MS? If i have CS up before first execute i will always use it there.
    Last edited by McJiggles; 2017-08-11 at 02:21 PM.

Yes the MS's from 4pc consume SD's - if you time it right you can have your self-casted MS and the ones from the tier bonus consume the same SD buff.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by McJiggles View Post
    Do the MSs that you get from T20 4p use your Shattered Defenses buffs? If they do would it be at all useful to do charge->warbreaker->rend->BC->BS/Ravager as your start so that you can guarantee follow up that with CS/MS (in BC if using ravager). This would also let your first CS shave off 3 secs from BS/RVG.

If the using bladestorm those extra 3 secs could get you to a faster CD as you usually waiting on BS while BC is ready. If doing Ravager/CoF it may not be as useful as usually waiting on BC. If Warbreaker also procs 2p bonus then this is probably all a moot point.

I guess another questio ill add here as well.
    Often during execute phase my first execute will proc tactician. Should i use that CS for the second execute or go ahead and execute 2nd time then use CS for EPx2 MS? If i have CS up before first execute i will always use it there.
    Yes, the T20 4pc will consume your SD buff.
    You should use CS over Warbreaker (for Single Target) because your Rend may proc CS.
    During the Execute phase you will use every CS-proc ( e.g CS, Exe, CS, Exe) and you will use your MS only if you have 2xEP and SD.

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    if you time it right you can have your self-casted MS and the ones from the tier bonus consume the same SD buff.
    Can you elaborate on this? I assume you mean that, during ravager, if you cast an MS at the same time the first 4-p MS is going out, they will both use the SD proc.

Unless there is some other mechanic that somehow buffs all the 4-p MS's using one single SD proc??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Froots View Post
    Can you elaborate on this? I assume you mean that, during ravager, if you cast an MS at the same time the first 4-p MS is going out, they will both use the SD proc.
    I think it works like this:
    After you put Ravagaer it casts a free 4p MS every 1.5 sec. So then you CS -> Rav -> freeMS uses SD + u use another CS or Warbreaker -> then 1.5sec Rav casts another free 4p MS but ur GCD should finish pretty much at the same time, so you'll cast an MS as well and if it happens at the same time they use the same SD buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebbl89 View Post
    I think it works like this:
    After you put Ravagaer it casts a free 4p MS every 1.5 sec. So then you CS -> Rav -> freeMS uses SD + u use another CS or Warbreaker -> then 1.5sec Rav casts another free 4p MS but ur GCD should finish pretty much at the same time, so you'll cast an MS as well and if it happens at the same time they use the same SD buff
    I'm not sure, I thought it was 1st and 3rd GCDs after casting Ravager that could double dip MS (but I may be wrong on this!).
    So:
    CS > Ravager > MS (+4pc MS, both buffed with SD) > CS (assuming tact proc) > MS (+4pc MS, both buffed with SD)
    At least this is my best guess looking at the timings.

There's currently a bug where the 1st MS from Rav doesn't consume SD so, if you manually cast MS before the 2nd 4pc proc, both benefit from the single SD.

Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    There's currently a bug where the 1st MS from Rav doesn't consume SD so, if you manually cast MS before the 2nd 4pc proc, both benefit from the single SD.
    You sure about that?

100% of the time my SD buff disappears somewhere around the time of 1 GCD into Ravager.

I often cast WB in the middle of Ravager for the 2nd MS to benefit from that buff too... all this occurs while I try to hit my self-casted MS's at the same time the auto ones.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Yep, unless it's been fixed last night/this morning! The 2nd MS has always consumed SD as it should, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    Yep, unless it's been fixed last night/this morning! The 2nd MS has always consumed SD as it should, though.
    I've always observed SD being consumed by the first MS of Ravager - 100% I've watched it happen this morning as well.

Is it something where the buff drops off and the effect still is present somehow? I can't recreate the scenario you are describing, at all.
    Last edited by Drtydeeds; 2017-08-18 at 03:40 PM.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...97&end=4110281

- I cast CS at 1.1s, gain SD
    - Ravager at ~4.3s
    - 4pc MS at ~5.1s
    - Manual MS at ~5.5s
    - SD drops at ~5.6s

That was from last Sunday ^

I mean, it's either that or, looking at the number of the 4pc MS, the "free" MS doesn't benefit from the SD lol :thinking:
    Last edited by Phototropic; 2017-08-18 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    I've always observed SD being consumed by the first MS of Ravager - 100% I've watched it happen this morning as well.

Is it something where the buff drops off and the effect still is present somehow? I can't recreate the scenario you are describing, at all.
    You'e right, 4pc MS does consume SD, however SD buff fades 0.5 seconds after the MS.
    This means you can double dip, since the 4pc casts MS on the 1st and 3rd GCD (approx) after ravager, if you also cast MS on the 1st and 3rd they will all benefit from any SD buff that's up.

Deleted
    Thats actually insane, time to get to Learning those timings.

@Phototropic ty for the log example, proof is in the pudding right there
    @Qob I thought it was something like that since I was still seeing my MS damage buffed, hence why I said "...the buff drops off and the effect is still present somehow..." I just tried to line my manual-cast MS's when I felt the Ravager-MS's were cast.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate