Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I see him in that role like he should be in a TNMT movie. I think his size would make it seem way too cheesy. Maybe Colter's counter, Mahershala? His face is similar to Wesley and can probably pull off a controlled crazy without it coming off as retarded. Or chiwetel ejiofor?
    I wouldn't go that far. I mean you need to have some sort of 'cheese' factor to capture the original spirit/political point. I think going with a little size mismatch in casting could add to that. Urban is a lot like Tom Hardy, he has damn near magical size changing powers onscreen.

I like Mahershala Ali as an actor, but I don't think I have ever seen him pull off decent action. Whether that is on him, or he just hasn't been with a decent director for it I don't know. He does great 'drama' action, with the throw the punch and then minor beatdown, and he can shoot a gun, but actual 'fisticuffs' I just haven't seen.

Chiwetel Ejiofor is actually a really good pick. Though he lacks in the 'exudes malice' department. He can be intimidating in manner, but isn't "scary" like I would expect/want from a black trenchcoat-esque movie.

Really, I am drawing a blank for the villain. Only reason I even tossed out Colter is because Defenders has put him on the top of my "big, badass, black dude" list. I mean there is no real reason why the bad dude would even have to be black, other than that is what they did with the original. And I already added the qualifier of making rather significant changes to it anyway so the sky is really the limit there. I just really want to see Karl Urban in that type of role again. He does it so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolow View Post
    I sort of agree but I think it should just be left alone. Too epic. And besides, it would most likely bomb at the box office as more than likely not many people care about that time and place in history anymore.
    Thats what i thought about Dunkirk and look how sucessful that was but i think that was down to Nolan. Zulu is actually one of my fave films of all times and it could be remade but i think its something Hollywood wouldnt dare touch.

15+ Year Old Account
    What are even some good remakes/reboots?

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Really, I am drawing a blank for the villain. Only reason I even tossed out Colter is because Defenders has put him on the top of my "big, badass, black dude" list. I mean there is no real reason why the bad dude would even have to be black, other than that is what they did with the original. And I already added the qualifier of making rather significant changes to it anyway so the sky is really the limit there. I just really want to see Karl Urban in that type of role again. He does it so well.
    I like keeping things close to the original, so trying to match up a kick ass black dude... as much as I love Idris Elba, he's too tame for the crazy. I mean, fuck I think Denzel could pull it off by being Denzel, but that feels too top shelf for something that should maintain a level of cheese, while converting up to legit. At least keeping a tonal shift like Urban's Dredd and Star Trek roles. I kinda feel Donald Glover could do it, and he's very much on the upswing... my only fear, aside from size, is I do NOT want him to come off like Taye Diggs in Equilibrium.

Michael Ealy migh've been an option, if they hadn't already worked together so closely on the really good Almost Human.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    What are even some good remakes/reboots?
    The recent Planet of the Apes movies are a very good example, in my opinion. They don't quite overlap the originals, they just grab the basic idea and build their own story with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The recent Planet of the Apes movies are a very good example, in my opinion. They don't quite overlap the originals, they just grab the basic idea and build their own story with it.
    I think i liked the first one but it's been ages. I'm a sucker for pre-outbreak things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Eragon. This serie deserves a proper treatment, not being left in the darkness by incompetent directors.
    THANK YOU. It took 68 posts for the true answer to come to light.

Eragon 10000000%

Freaking, whoever made the first one dumped all over it. Literally made it nearly impossible to make a sequel following the books, due to the fact that they had events that happen in the 3rd book happen in the first movie. Pretty major events too.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically anything that was crap that had potential. Why remake the great things when you're just gonna have a hard time being compared to the original?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

John Carter...movie isn't that old, but suffered from awful marketing, i thought it was really good and deserved a sequel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    John Carter...movie isn't that old, but suffered from awful marketing, i thought it was really good and deserved a sequel.
    The books are really nice. The movie definitely didn't really represent them properly. Then again, Tarzan movies haven't exactly fared much better, so I guess it's par for the course with Burroughs.

Deleted
    Dune.

A non-campy version this time please.

I have a hard time with this topic, as someone else mentioned, if the movie was good, you don't want it remade. If the movie was shit... it's a shit movie, why bother. I'm thinking of all the remakes I've seen recently that I have a good working knowledge of the original (I really never saw the original chainsaw massacre movie, so I did really enjoy the remake) and I've been able to enjoy both versions. Be it Total Recall or Dredd... with only Ghostbusters as being a total shit show for a reboot/whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I have a hard time with this topic, as someone else mentioned, if the movie was good, you don't want it remade. If the movie was shit... it's a shit movie, why bother.
    Well, if the film was good, but could be made BETTER, then why not try it? An example of this is Highlander, which was a great film in terms of story and world building... But for a film about immortals who solve all their problems through sword fighting, the choreography was a little weak. They could EASILY improve on it, if they made it again today.

And if the film was bad... not because the film was bad, but because they either fucked with the source material too much, or because technology wasn't good enough at the time to really do the world and ideas justice, then there's a chance that with the technology available today, they could rescue the solid idea that was being held back by the lack of advancements.

That's the way I see it, anyway.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    pet semetary.
    i was probably one of the few that enjoyed the original, but with modern cgi, they could make it so much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this topic has been bandied about but it doesn't seem to be anywhere 5 pages in, so let's remake it (ho ho). What are some movies that you think could be done amazingly well today (assuming it's done right)?

For me, I kind of want to see Highlander remade. As awesome as the original was, it was still a little cheesy and the sequels...the less said about them the better. I think it's time to revisit the world of the Immortals.
    Eragon come to mind. Good books, such potential.

Not getting into politics but I would like to see an updated version of 1984. Then again I would kill for a modern day interpretation of Metropolis too but I feel like people would get too caught up in the CGI and push the undertones of the movie to political extremes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh good movies dont need a remake, shit movies with high expectations should get a remake!
    For example : The Last Airbender
    The Monk Phenomenon

another crack at Eragon would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Eragon come to mind. Good books, such potential.

/highfive

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer eccles View Post
    pet semetary.
    i was probably one of the few that enjoyed the original, but with modern cgi, they could make it so much better.
    zelda, the sister with the twisted back, geez.... that scene still gives me chills!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Well, if the film was good, but could be made BETTER, then why not try it? An example of this is Highlander, which was a great film in terms of story and world building... But for a film about immortals who solve all their problems through sword fighting, the choreography was a little weak. They could EASILY improve on it, if they made it again today.

And if the film was bad... not because the film was bad, but because they either fucked with the source material too much, or because technology wasn't good enough at the time to really do the world and ideas justice, then there's a chance that with the technology available today, they could rescue the solid idea that was being held back by the lack of advancements.

That's the way I see it, anyway.
    I do recast movies quite a bit. Obvious shit like Michelle Rodriguez as Vasquez in Aliens. Tim Olyphant and Chris Pratt for Hicks and Hudson etc

Highlander, I'm picturing someone like Donnie Yen for Ramirez...