Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I also wasn't a person who said it was impossible to take 20 stacks for the record, so proving this to me doesn't matter Neat that a tank can do it. Mionelol managed to solo a Tyrannical Mythic +19 CoS; proof being that Tanks are OP as fuck nowadays.
    You might want to note that the original post wasn't directed at you, but Kaa.

Does Frenzied Regen count the last 5 seconds of damage taken in any form or just Bear Form?

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Does Frenzied Regen count the last 5 seconds of damage taken in any form or just Bear Form?
    Last 5 seconds. Though if you need it, being in bear already is probably a good idea. Besides, keep in mind that bear has higher health, so taking the hit in bear is relative lower damage when you shift back.

Having some trouble deciding what trinkets to use.

I have:

900 Whispers
    915 Owl
    895 (socket) Metronome
    930 Spectral Thurible
    930 Tome of Unraveling Sanity

Despite coining every whithered jim kill and purchasing around 25 relinquished trinkets I'm yet to get an arcano crystal.

My go to for almost all of the fights is Owl/Whispers. I've been using Metronome on Host and Mistress and for M+. I just got the Spectral Thurible and the Tome of Unraveling Sanity Yesterday (mythic cache + personal loot).

Has anyone got experience using these? I'm thinking I should probably drop my metronome and run Whispers and either the spectral/tome for M+ and the AoE bosses.

Extra info: 930 equipped with all legendaries except SotF ring. Gear is itemised really well for mastery/haste.
    Last edited by PowerGamez; 2017-08-08 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post

I have:

900 Whispers
    915 Owl
    895 (socket) Metronome
    930 Spectral Thurible
    930 Tome of Unraveling Sanity

Despite coining every whithered jim kill and purchasing around 25 relinquished trinkets I'm yet to get an arcano crystal.

My go to for almost all of the fights is Owl/Whispers. I've been using Metronome on Host and Mistress and for M+. I just got the Spectral Thurible and the Tome of Unraveling Sanity Yesterday (mythic cache + personal loot).

Has anyone got experience using these? I'm thinking I should probably drop my metronome and run Whispers and either the spectral/tome for M+ and the AoE bosses.

Extra info: 930 equipped with all legendaries except SotF ring. Gear is itemised really well for mastery/haste.
    The simplest answer is Sim yourself? For Single target I do patchwork, and AoE build do 3 targets patchwork and see what trinkets come out on top.

My rough guess would be Owl/Whispers for ST and Tome/Whispers for AoE. A 925 tome was slightly less ST dps than an 860+socket Arcano for me personally. Spectral might be more useful than other AoE trinkets on fight like Mistress/Mythic+ trash where it's almost always going to hit 3+ targets, but I would not use it on hybrid AoE fights personally.
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2017-08-08 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Best Answer: Sim yourself using http://raidbots.com.

Quick Answer: I'd say probably 915 Owl and 900 Whispers. Thurible is virtually worthless on Single Target (great for 3+ target AoE though), Metronome is just weaker than Owl and Whispers, and Tome... idk.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Thanks for the replies. I've already simmed myself for single target (Owl/Whispers is best). I don't completely trust AoE sims when it comes to 3+ targets.

Was more so asking for real world M+ and AoE experience. I should of been more clear.

Thurible seems ok for M+. Did a +15 DHT last night with whispers/thurible and did 1.7M dps overall. Thurible was 3.1% of my damage.

I have a question regarding SimC and Stellar Flare. It seems to me that SimC doesn't add the Stellar Empowerement to Stellar Flare like it adds to Moonfire.

Am I correct?
    I added the missing periodic damage which seems to be double considering the damage from MF and SF and I ended up just a couple thousand shy of the real ST damage for MY(I'm not talking about regular SFlare/SFall vs SS).
    I was thinking about trying new things for Sisters and since P2 has some adds and lots of movement, I might be better with Flare and Starfall instead of the usual build with SS/Starfall.AoE.
    Also since I won't be playing Incarnation, could IFE be switched to something better? I have PoE which can be of use for some much needed healing or KJBW to replace Owl cause stat stick. Sephuz, Cinidaria, ED are kinda useless.

What's your take on this considering we are progressing, not farming?
    Thanks

@Hellshout

Yes, you're correct. Slippy confirmed that back in another thread when the SotF ring was announced. He did some manual corrections in that thread to show how valuable SotF+Stellar Flare was.

The add in Sisters P2 shouldn't last very long and there is not a lot of movement if you plan ahead (and which is necessary for a good parse), there is pretty much no reason to use Stellar Flare on any fight in any difficulty this tier.

Deleted
    you could technically use it DI, since it's pretty much 100% uptime on 2 targets, but not really worth the effort, and your rank depends more on padding adds than boss dmg.

quick question: is it worth it to cast the free casts from OI during lust? sometimes with lust and say whispers proc it seems a bit overwhelming to cast an instant cast

I fail to see a scenario where free, instant casts wouldn't be beneficial.

lol what's your reasoning for not casting OI? It empowers your DoTs and with more haste your DoTs tick faster so more hits get empowered.

Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    quick question: is it worth it to cast the free casts from OI during lust? sometimes with lust and say whispers proc it seems a bit overwhelming to cast an instant cast
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by overwhelming. Do you get a ton of OI procs and it's tough to use all of them?

Deleted
    Haste reduces GCD just like it reduces cast time. There is no reason to not cast instant casts with high haste.

Ignoring literally everything that everyone else said above (all of which is correct for the record), why would you delay spending any Astral Power for 40 seconds? Let's even drop OI. SS and SF are both instant cast already. Why would you not use your highest damage-dealing abilities during the time when you should have cooldowns ready and you're casting so quick you're basically a blur?

You've essentially asked why you should:
    - Get 0 benefit out of your best legendary
    - Spend 0 AsP (which means wasting and overcapping AsP)
    - Not cast your strongest abilities during a period where all your cooldowns are popped
    for 40 seconds every fight.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Charm 925 vs Owl 900?

SimC says: Owl but the stats are fucked up. Since when is Int<all???

Raidbots says: Charm. And Haste>all with Int still lowest.
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...Bdy3hZoaQuGZiG
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...7mniJXH1GvHy2o

My whorish self says ilvl>all, but I can't ignore the fact that Intellect affects everything and since I don't play at max skill, wouldn't 2000+int > 1000+mastery?

Int is linear, all others are not. Int always ends up at the bottom eventually.

Charm also has some usability issues, particularly on the more movement intensive fights.
    Last edited by huth; 2017-08-17 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Int is linear, all others are not. Int always ends up at the bottom eventually.
    The other stats are as linear as int, it's not like crit suddenly gives less or more dps on its own after you already have some. The reason int is so low is because we get so much of it in comparison to secondaries and then there's concordance on top of that.