Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So far, you've approved of it since you seem to agree with those people to justify this guy getting attacked.
    I'm tired of taking the moral high ground, quite frankly. Clearly it achieves no ends and engenders no respect, so what is honestly the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    You know what, you're right. The Alt-Right does have a higher death count at the moment.

But that doesn't mean that Antifa are the good guys, they are just as violent and their views are almost as evil. And soon they are going to start shooting each other and a lot of innocent people are going to get in the way.

I don't blame people wearing "Hope and Change" hats for spreading communism, why should you okay a group for attacking the YAF hat guy because he is right wing?
    Being anti-fascist is "evil". Riiiight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    According to you lot mowing down protesters in the street is an acceptable political tactic.

I thought your main complaint with the left was that they weren't compromising with the right?
    Don't think ever said that. If a black guy with a blm shirt on was at a blm vigil and the kkk or whatever beat him up, i already know you wouldn't be victim blaming the black guy. It's ok to be biased, but don't expect people to take you seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's become abundantly clear that the right wing has absolutely no respect for established political conventions or even basic decency. You cannot reason or compromise with such individuals.

So if they want a culture war, why not give them one.
    Looks like that horseshoe theory is correct. The more you hate the opposing side the more you become like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Don't think ever said that. If a black guy with a blm shirt on was at a blm vigil and the kkk or whatever beat him up, i already know you wouldn't be victim blaming the black guy. It's ok to be biased, but don't expect people to take you seriously.
    This is the equivalent of wearing a Klan hood to a BLM vigil. Analogies, what are they.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Act like commie trash, talk like commie trash, behave like commie trash, most likely is commie trash.
    I don't think you've ever witnessed what real communism is. Antifa are not even remotely close to that. The militant Antifa doesn't even have a unified manifest to bind them, the political Antifa, whilst still very narrowed down in their rhetorics are also not close, neither are modern Left parties. So who are those communists you are talking about? Being a communist would mean that you are basing your ideological existence on Marx and Lenin and then go from there. Nobody, except for some small <0.2% parties does that anymore. They are hardly a forming threat and their militancy has waned drastically especially since the great image of it all, the Eastern bloc,has all but collapsed (sans Belorussia ofc but I'd argue whether they communist and even China doesn't really follow classic communism more).
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    no respect for established political conventions or even basic decency
    So if they want a culture war, why not give them one.
    I can sympathize with your resent.
    But we're not that desperate, really, to turn political trolling into the defacto convention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't we just all agree that as soon as you mention 'Antifa' you know they are batshit crazy.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...udent-vigil-c/

Antifa assaults black conservative student at vigil for Charlottesville victims: Video

By Bradford Richardson - The Washington Times - Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A black student says he was assaulted over the weekend at a vigil for the victims of the Charlottesville protests because of his conservative beliefs.

Caleb Slater, the president of the Ithaca College Republicans in New York, was wearing a Young America's Foundation hat at a Sunday evening vigil for Heather Heyer, the woman who was killed when a suspected white nationalist drove his car into a crowd of protesters in Charlottesville on Saturday.

The vigil was organized by the Syracuse, New York, chapter of Black Lives Matter.

When masked members of the militant-left group Antifa saw Mr. Slater, they approached him, asked him about his hat, told him to leave and attacked him.

He said his assailants grabbed him by his clothes, choked him with his camera strap and pushed him into the street.

“Fortunately, no cars were coming, but the light was green at the time,” Mr. Slatertold The College Fix.

Mr. Slater caught a small portion of the attack on video. He said he turned on his camera “because I did not know what they planned on doing to me.”

No one from the rally tried to help, Mr. Slater said. Instead, they began chanting, “No Trump, No KKK, No Nazi USA, Go Away.”

Mr. Slater said he wore the YAF hat to the memorial “to show that conservatives and progressives can both agree that the alt-right pose a threat to the Western world.”

He said he knew he would “encounter many people that I did not agree with on most issues, but hoped that we could at least come together to combat and call out extremism in this country.”

LOAD COMMENTS (41)
    Click to Read More 

VIDEO AT SITE
    Good, he's spitting on her remembrance by showing the foundation which pays white nationalist speakers to speak on college campuses to incite violence and racial hatred.

Deleted
    What is the antifascist death count at so far.

The alt-right has at least three.
    Antifa were very very mean to someone. I mean, they grabbed his camera.

Oh and he was black so antifa are racist as well as being commies.

antifa are full of racist. what a surprise.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is the equivalent of wearing a Klan hood to a BLM vigil. Analogies, what are they.
    Nah. It's the exact thing that happened, but in reverse. Like i said, it's ok to be biased but don't get angry at me when you get caught being silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...udent-vigil-c/

Antifa assaults black conservative student at vigil for Charlottesville victims: Video

By Bradford Richardson - The Washington Times - Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A black student says he was assaulted over the weekend at a vigil for the victims of the Charlottesville protests because of his conservative beliefs.

Caleb Slater, the president of the Ithaca College Republicans in New York, was wearing a Young America's Foundation hat at a Sunday evening vigil for Heather Heyer, the woman who was killed when a suspected white nationalist drove his car into a crowd of protesters in Charlottesville on Saturday.

The vigil was organized by the Syracuse, New York, chapter of Black Lives Matter.

When masked members of the militant-left group Antifa saw Mr. Slater, they approached him, asked him about his hat, told him to leave and attacked him.

He said his assailants grabbed him by his clothes, choked him with his camera strap and pushed him into the street.

“Fortunately, no cars were coming, but the light was green at the time,” Mr. Slatertold The College Fix.

Mr. Slater caught a small portion of the attack on video. He said he turned on his camera “because I did not know what they planned on doing to me.”

No one from the rally tried to help, Mr. Slater said. Instead, they began chanting, “No Trump, No KKK, No Nazi USA, Go Away.”

Mr. Slater said he wore the YAF hat to the memorial “to show that conservatives and progressives can both agree that the alt-right pose a threat to the Western world.”

He said he knew he would “encounter many people that I did not agree with on most issues, but hoped that we could at least come together to combat and call out extremism in this country.”

LOAD COMMENTS (41)
    Click to Read More 

VIDEO AT SITE
    Hahah I love it, OP trying to flood the general OT page because he is a Nazi sympathizer. You are going to have to get more people from 4chan and reddit to help out my Aryan brother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Nah. It's the exact thing that happened, but in reverse. Like i said, it's ok to be viased but don't get angry at me when you get caught being silly.
    Why would the KKK legitimately be at a BLM rally besides wanting to cause trouble?

"If a black guy with a blm shirt on was at a blm vigil and the kkk or whatever beat him up".

The entire reason this asshole was accosted because he was wearing a YAF hat to a vigil for someone who was killed by the same alt-right YAF supports. Your analogy was bullshit.

Remember the train attack in Portland?
    I do. I also remember he was a Bernie Bro. Same with the guy that tried to kill all those Congressmen.

That does not surprise me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I do. I also remember he was a Bernie Bro. Same with the guy that tried to kill all those Congressmen.
    "Jeremy Christian had been participating in various "alt-right" rallies in Portland."

Supporting Bernie because he is anti-establishment does not make him left wing, it makes him a dickhead.

Lol at the victim blaming. All this shows is both sides are full of hypocrites that want to make excuses when someone closer to their side does something bad/horrific. Sadly I have a feeling that both sides will just continue to escalate and we will see a lot more dead in the coming months, hope I am wrong though.

I'm Jewish. No one likes me. Thank God!

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would the KKK legitimately be at a BLM rally besides wanting to cause trouble?

"If a black guy with a blm shirt on was at a blm vigil and the kkk or whatever beat him up".

The entire reason this asshole was accosted because he was wearing a YAF hat to a vigil for someone who was killed by the same alt-right YAF supports. Your analogy was bullshit.
    Why would antifa be at a right wing vigil besides wanting to cause trouble? Come on, take that progressive lens off just for a minute.