Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Obvious i don't think its race baity. If i believed it was race bating i would not be confused and i would not be asking why this is not a good thing. Why the fuck can't anybody ever back up their opinions here? Fucking Christ man this is infuriating.
    well you certainly didn't rage out for no reason. I did ask what you thought was a good thing, so what is it that is good?

- - - Updated - - -

According to the Article in question, every single arrested person is guilty of crimes both here in the USA, and back in their home country and every single one of them are here illegally.
    in that case, the more correct title for the thread would have been

"ICE Announces Unprecedented Prosecution of criminals with White Supremaist ties"

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    in that case, the more correct title for the thread would have been

"ICE Announces Unprecedented Prosecution of criminals with White Supremaist ties"
    He's using the same title the article used. So, while it is clickbait, its not entirely his fault. And they are white supremacist gangs. Also, this is probably a RICO case..so even the members that did not have anything directly to do with the Drugs can be charged.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

You are asking a question devoid of context. It would be like asking me, "How do you feel about your opinion that the sky is grey?" when i hold no such opinion. The reason why i "Rage Out" is because there is not a single day that i ask a, "why do you hold that opinion?" question and not have someone respond with a response that is so removed from how i feel about the situation that i think, "The fuck?" in person.

The good things is that in a country where people claim that nothing is being done to stop white supremacy and domestic terrorists, the largest break up of white supremacists organizations in the history of the country occurred. Up is down. Left is right.
    what opinion did I actually question you for having exactly? My question was more to seek clarification because all you said is "this is a good thing". What is "this"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    They were not jailed for being white supremacists obviously. You should change the headline.
    But they were targeted for being such. Headline stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    He's using the same title the article used. So, while it is clickbait, its not entirely his fault. And they are white supremacist gangs. Also, this is probably a RICO case..so even the members that did not have anything directly to do with the Drugs can be charged.
    That's all well and good, but imagine if the story was about an arrest on black criminals and the article was titled

"ICE Announces Unprecedented Prosecution African-Americans"

Don't you think that's an issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Then you both phrased your question wrong and you misunderstood the intent of my statement.

"This" in this case is ICE is not randomly selecting targets because of their location. And even if they are, they are removing -all- criminals, not just ones of a particular race or another. If i had to reword my question it would be:

But then again i should of not assumed that you understood my intent or know as much on a random topic like this one (that affects me indirectly much more than the average person in America). I guess in that moment you quacked like a duck so i treated you like one without checking if you are just a guy in a duck suit. I apologize.
    Obviously I was not in opposition of arresting criminals, white supremacist or otherwise. But be specific about how you use language. Again, I just posted this, but imagine if the story was about an arrest on black criminals and the article was titled

Hmm. Issue, no?

That's all well and good, but imagine if the story was about an arrest on black criminals and the article was titled

Don't you think that's an issue?
    a) I did say the title was clickbait

b) These guys were all in White Supremacist Gangs that financed their operations through illegal activities. While they were not arrested or charged for being White Supremacists...it is the reason they are associated with each other.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

a) I did say the title was clickbait

b) These guys were all in White Supremacist Gangs that financed their operations through illegal activities. While they were not arrested or charged for being White Supremacists...it is the reason they are associated with each other.
    yes, definitely, they have white supremacist connections. I just thought it was important to note that they were also criminals in the article headline.

yes, definitely, they have white supremacist connections. I just thought it was important to note that they were also criminals in the article headline.

Saying "White Supremacist Connections" makes it sound like they know people that are White supremacist....not that they themselves are a part of a White Supremacist Group.

If you really want a more accurate Headline "ICE announces unprecedented prosecution of White Supremacist Gangs that Fund their Organization through a Variety of Criminal Activities."

Saying "White Supremacist Connections" makes it sound like they know people that are White supremacist....not that they themselves are a part of a White Supremacist Group.

If you really want a more accurate Headline "ICE announces unprecedented prosecution of White Supremacist Gangs that Fund their Organization through a Variety of Criminal Activities."
    instead of "connections", "affiliations" would be good too. Then there is no question that they are indeed part of the groups.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    But they were targeted for being such..
    Where does it say that? If anything it implied the opposite when they said the subjects "shifted their focuses from promoting white supremacy to drug-trafficking."

instead of "connections", "affiliations" would be good too. Then there is no question that they are indeed part of the groups.
    "Affiliated" can also mean "Connected to". If your brother-in-law is a white supremacist...you are affiliated with him.

If you want to say someone is a White Supremacist...you just say "White Supremacist" and there isn't any room for doubt. On top of that...it's a headline...you don't use unnecessary words in a headline.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-08-16 at 06:55 PM.

Its weird that you see African Americans and simply being black without context as equivalent to being a White Supremacists. Your power leveling is showing.
    There's nothing weird about it, because it is not illegal to be either an African American or a White Supremacist. Just writing "white supremacist" leads to the possible interpretation that they were prosecuted simply for being white supremacist, which was obviously not the case here.

- - - Updated - - -

Or you could just "White Supremacists" and there is absolutely no room for interpretation. "Affiliated" can also mean "Connected to". If your brother-in-law is a white supremacist...you are affiliated with him.

If you want to say someone is a White Supremacist...you just say "White Supremacist" and there isn't any room for doubt. On top of that...it's a headline...you don't use unnecessary words in a headline.
    I already explained why just saying "white supremacist" without any qualification is inaccurate (white supremacists are not all criminals, you need to narrow the scope more for this particular case).

Another more appropriate title "ICE Announces Unprecented Prosecution of White Surpremacist Gang Members". There, brother-in-laws are excluded now, and nobody can interpret it as to mean all white supremacists are being arrested.
    Last edited by spanishninja; 2017-08-16 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Where does it say that? If anything it implied the opposite when they said the subjects "shifted their focuses from promoting white supremacy to drug-trafficking."
    Because while all of those arrested had priors and were arrested for a multitude of charges, each person arrested was member of one white supremacy group or another. You're saying that's just happenstance?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Because while all of those arrested had priors and were arrested for a multitude of charges, each person arrested was member of one white supremacy group or another. You're saying that's just happenstance?
    I'm saying there's no evidence that ICE was cherry picking. Just because a particular writer only focuses on one group in a particular article that doesn't mean ICE isn't also targeting brown criminals at the same time.

I already explained why just saying "white supremacist" without any qualification is inaccurate (white supremacists are not all criminals, you need to narrow the scope more for this particular case).
    It's a headline...it's meant to be eye-catching...but it is not really inaccurate. It would only be inaccurate if those charged were not White Supremacists. All of the crimes they were charged with come from being part of their White Supremacist Gangs. Like I said, it's probably a RICO case...so simply being a member of the gang would make you a target of the investigation.

7+ Year Old Account
    All of the crimes they were charged with come from being part of their White Supremacist Gangs.
    They were not charged for being a part of a White Supremacist Gang. Brown supremacist gangs, white supremacist gangs, they are all legal. They were charged for specific crimes related to violence or drugs.

They were not charged for being a part of a White Supremacist Gang. Brown supremacist gangs, white supremacist gangs, they are all legal. They were charged for specific crimes related to violence or drugs.
    I never said that they were charged for being White Supremacists and neither does the article. I said they committed those crimes as members of those organizations.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-08-16 at 07:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I never said that they were charged for being White Supremacists and neither does the article.
    That's good. It is all clarified!

10+ Year Old Account
    Click Bait Title, Bias = Fake News

s/b "ICE is doing their job"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying there's no evidence that ICE was cherry picking. Just because a particular writer only focuses on one group in a particular article that doesn't mean ICE isn't also targeting brown criminals at the same time.
    That's literally the title of the article... you trollin or what? >.>

The press release from ICE:
    https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/la...enced-20-years

Investigation targeted white supremacists with long and violent criminal histories who were selling illegal drugs in North Texas communities