Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    All i see is a fat croc-guy with lots of hair and a beard with fat person clothes on, and mudmen standing around it.
    Just like someone with a cartoonishly big nose and skullcap isn't meant to be a Jewish caricature, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

All i see is a fat croc-guy with lots of hair and a beard with fat person clothes on, and mudmen standing around it.
    Sometimes it's easy to forget that a lot of people need their metaphors spelled out for them in plain English but honestly, if you still don't see this one after being smacked in the face with it (also a metaphor), there's not really anything that anyone here can say or do to rescue you from that denialism.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Not only is it ridiculously wrong to claim there's no such thing as Islamphobia, but you're ignoring what context was being discussed and jumping in half way to try to get a "gotcha!" type of post.
    I wonder why Islamphobia is a thing when there should also be a Christphobia or something since plenty of people in this country are hateful and terrified towards christians?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you haven't the lovely word "Mudslimes" when referring to Muslims before .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Point.

This is the equivalent of making a comic book titled "The adventures of Oh gee, why! Joe, A true American Citizen!" with this as the titular character.
    Not a valid point. Maybe if it had brown skin and a towel on its head. i see a fat croc with lots of hair and fat clothes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Just like someone with a cartoonishly big nose and skullcap isn't meant to be a Jewish caricature, sure.
    Person with a big nose could be any religion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I guess you haven't the lovely word "Mudslimes" when referring to Muslims before .
    Nope. Have you?

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I don't have to I already have and you're wrong. Unless he brought the book into school, he didn't. He could easily take this to court. Easily.
    He didn't have to bring the book in. If the school can convincingly state that the publication of the book creates a disruption to the school environment (and thus to the job he and his employer are supposed to be doing) that's enough, and that should be easy to establish. At that point literally the only question left is the subjective test of whether or not the public interest of the school minimizing disruption of its teaching environment outweighs the public interest of his commentary. Quite frankly at that point anything's possible but his chances aren't good and at that point the burden of proof lies with him.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I wonder why Islamphobia is a thing when there should also be a Christphobia or something since plenty of people in this country are hateful and terrified towards christians?
    Vast majority of your countrys Christians would be Christphobics then, as they sure as hell aren't following the teachings and ideals of Jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Not a valid point. Maybe if it had brown skin and a towel on its head. i see a fat croc with lots of hair and fat clothes.
    Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble there, but just because you don't deem it valid doesn't make it invalid. Otherwise, from now on, Canada is not a real country anymore. Because I said so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble there, but just because you don't deem it valid doesn't make it invalid. Otherwise, from now on, Canada is not a real country anymore. Because I said so.
    Well at least Stephen Harper and Justin Bieber were myths, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Person with a big nose could be any religion.

- - - Updated - - -
    If it walks, talks, and looks like an obtuse and leading caricature of a duck, it's probably a duck. When someone employs a stereotype that has been in wide use for decades in exactly that same manner, there is really no rational reason to infer a different use in context.

If you say so but history suggests otherwise in Canada's defense. The drawing is a drawing and just because you say its so doenst count for shit. You just have a shitty way of viewing things it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    If it walks, talks, and looks like an obtuse and leading caricature of a duck, it's probably a duck. When someone employs a stereotype that has been in wide use for decades in exactly that same manner, there is really no rational reason to infer a different use in context.
    I know, right?!

If you say so but history suggests otherwise in Canada's defense. The drawing is a drawing and just because you say its so doenst count for shit. You just have a shitty way of viewing things it seems.
    What history? That doesn't count. It's just words on paper. Just because you say they have meaning doesn't count for shit.

Or you are just blatantly ignorant. Or deliberatly. I'd say it is the latter. But hey, keep defending your 'position'. I'm sure it will work out just fine for you.

I know, right?!
    You have no idea what he's talking about, do you? Completly missed his point.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Vast majority of your countrys Christians would be Christphobics then, as they sure as hell aren't following the teachings and ideals of Jesus.
    This is a bit off topic but people would have to agree on what those teachings were before a statement like that has any application here.

Being bad at something isn't really the same thing as having a social phobia against it. That's the beauty and horror of organized religion. You can make up just about whatever interpretation of millennia-old rules that you want and find someone ordained to validate your position if you look hard enough. People who believe a particular version of a particular deity exists and has certain rules are no more accountable for someone else's interpretation than I am for the people who have the same first name as me, or go to the same dentist.

What history? That doesn't count. It's just words on paper. Just because you say they have meaning doesn't count for shit.

Or you are just blatantly ignorant. Or deliberatly. I'd say it is the latter. But hey, keep defending your 'position'. I'm sure it will work out just fine for you.
    He's just one of those who completely agree with the message, but doesn't have the spine to say so. Instead, there's all sorts of nonsense deflections and denials he'll try. All I wonder is why bother, when the charade isn't fooling anyone.

I know, right?!
    But do you though? Really, do you?

Deleted
    He should probably sue...I mean what he does in hes private life is none of their business. Only way to make them respect the first amendment is when they start losing lots of money.

He's just one of those who completely agree with the message, but doesn't have the spine to say so. Instead, there's all sorts of nonsense deflections and denials he'll try. All I wonder is why bother, when the charade isn't fooling anyone.
    I am a doctor. I have a well-trained urge to help people who injure themselves out of stupidity, and then laugh at them for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    He should probably sue...I mean what he does in hes private life is none of their business. Only way to make them respect the first amendment is when they start losing lots of money.
    The faculty needs to decide what is in the best interest of the students. Letting someone with a highly skewered view of the world (including left, right, religious, and so on) influence the minds of kids and teenagers is usually not in their best interest.

I am a doctor. I have a well-trained urge to help people who injure themselves out of stupidity, and then laugh at them for it.
    Can spines be created in labs yet? That would help the dude the most

Can spines be created in labs yet? That would help the dude the most
    There is some interesting progress in that regard, but for that guy, the house he should be looking at if he hopes for a spine comes with a robed man and a belltower, not a hospital.

Guess we are going to start firing those that make fun of Christianity too? Lol, jk. no. That's kewl.