I am quite sure The Night King can see just like Bran hence why the WW waited for ages until attacking even if another reason was the lake getting refrozen,
    he prepared Ice Spears because he knew dragons would be coming his way and he wanted to snatch one as a mount.
    Why not Drogon? I guess he wanted to throw it at the one flying causing lots of damage to his minions + being distracted doing so.
    I think Drogon and Dany were looking at around NK way so maybe she would have shouted and Drogon would have melted the spear with his fire.
    The chain thing just reinforces my speculation, where'd they get such a huge chain and why at all? To bring the wall down? If so, alright... Else probably NK planned everything ahead for getting that Dragon mount for himself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Tbh ill take it i dont care that episodes have flaws no episode of any tv show is perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

Also I don't understand how it is even feasible for a raven to reach Daenerys and for her to fly over to where they are located in time. How long were they at that lake?
    Sometimes you have to take stuff for what it is without asking why or what, also they where on that cliff for a while coz the lake refroze.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I am quite sure The Night King can see just like Bran hence why the WW waited for ages until attacking even if another reason was the lake getting refrozen,
    he prepared Ice Spears because he knew dragons would be coming his way and he wanted to snatch one as a mount.
    Why not Drogon? I guess he wanted to throw it at the one flying causing lots of damage to his minions + being distracted doing so.
    I think Drogon and Dany were looking at around NK way so maybe she would have shouted and Drogon would have melted the spear with his fire.
    The chain thing just reinforces my speculation, where'd they get such a huge chain and why at all? To bring the wall down? If so, alright... Else probably NK planned everything ahead for getting that Dragon mount for himself.
    It takes the NK and WW ages to do anything like their casual strut, it could have been days to get the chains. I really want to see GRRMs version of events now

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Sometimes you have to take stuff for what it is without asking why or what.
    Sure, when there is shit writing involved

Arya is completely insufferable. The writing at Winterfell is terrible.

Also I don't understand how it is even feasible for a raven to reach Daenerys and for her to fly over to where they are located in time. How long were they at that lake?
    24-36 hours. You didn't notice it turning to night and then day again?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, when there is shit writing involved
    Then tell me what was written like shit?
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    24-36 hours. You didn't notice it turning to night and then day again?
    You're telling me it only took a day for a raven to fly across half the kingdom, Daenerys to get onto her dragons and fly all the way back and then finally find them? lol.

Tbh ill take it i dont care that episodes have flaws no episode of any tv show is perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes you have to take stuff for what it is without asking why or what, also they where on that cliff for a while coz the lake refroze.
    Hardhome was perfect, still the best WW battle for me. It was beautiful

15+ Year Old Account
    You're telling me it only took a day for a raven to fly across half the kingdom, Daenerys to get onto her dragons and fly all the way back and then finally find them? lol.
    So what do you want? for it to take 2 episodes for her to get there? do i need to remind you we only got 7 episodes left, at this point your just nitpicking.

15+ Year Old Account
    So what do you want? for it to take 2 episodes for her to get there? do i need to remind you we only got 7 episodes left, at this point your just nitpicking.
    Obviously I don't expect 2 episodes of travel time. What I expect is for the writers to be competent and not put their characters into situations that make no fucking sense.

Obviously I don't expect 2 episodes of travel time. What I expect is for the writers to be competent and not put their characters into situations that make no fucking sense.
    It's not long till you hear "it's not about the details, it's always been about teh characters", ala the LOST writers back when that show started to go off the rails.

It's a shame Viserion wasn't risen like Sindragosa but I guess they were afraid of copyrights :P
    it would solve the weird chain problem on the way too.

Arya is completely insufferable. The writing at Winterfell is terrible.

Long enough for it to refreeze over. The time jumps this season are epic. One scene they are at dragonstone the next eastwatch by the sea. Just somthing you have to get over. Because how long was Gendry running for? Hours, days or a week? How long does it take a raven to fly and for dragons to fly between those two locations and how many days can they survive sitting on a rock with no shelter or food that we are aware of. Im just going to assume this took place over a few days im not sure how long it would take ice that thin to refreeze over at those temps but i wouldnt think it was that long.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    It was a terrible battle you could see a lot of airswings, too many red shirts randomly appearing and dying but you can see here how bad the budget hit them

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7896826.html

funny comments
    My favourite part of the trip is that on every shot of walking there were like 8 of them, 1 "npc" walking alongside them. It seemed that it was the same guy in every battle who died in one way or another and then respawned, only to be killed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    The ONE part I did NOT get from this episode was WHY the fuck were the walkers just waiting around for DAYS? Seriously this shows some insane fucking incompetence on behalf of the writers of this show there is NO tension at all because the there are no reasons for this to even happen other than giving time for danny to come(if you think their scared of the water they are not proven by when the hound provokes them) but what could have happened instead could have been that she after than Jon had left decided on her own that she loves him to much(if you dont think they are gone be together maybe all those "eye-fucks" she has been giving Jon in previous episodes should clue you in) to let him die in the cold frozen wastes of the north and taken her dragons as thats the fastest way.

I get WHY Jon hand to fall in the water so that Danny could see he really did take a knife for north but he could have fallen in and they could have picked him up during the fighting or even previous to her turning up.

Otherwise what I can say is this that this is easily the best episodes in terms of dialogue between the characters with a lot of nods to the books and there for the character backgrounds loved it when Arya made Sansa shit her pants something for once the show writers had to come up with that dident rely on Martins books for refrences also big + for not killing of Gendry.
    The night king planned the whole thing ever since the fist of the fist men, if not earlyer, everything that happens was apart of his plan to get a dragon.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...srk/?context=3

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Damn what an episode beyond epic... I was scared for Tormunt thought he is going to die... but yeah the Hound ftw. :P

Stupid move from Sansa sending Brienne to KL by doing that she is weakening herself and giving Petyr Baelish easier time to manipulate the Starks sisters.
    I think LF played her. He knows Brienne is the only uncorruptable ally of Sansa, so he uses the ole reverse psychology on her to get Sansa to push Brienne away. Which she promptly does. But maybe Sansa knows more than she's letting on, the leaks certainly suggest she does. Arya is a psycho, but she did give the knife to Sansa at the end. I think it's kind of incredulous that they have a brother who can see things in the past, and no one is bothering to try and get information that would be useful out of him.

Dany's dragons are redicoulsly fast see her swooping in on the loot train.

we don't know how long they were on the rock, just that it was atleast over a day.

And most imprtantly the wole thing was a trap so the night king could kill a dragon, he wasn't going to move on jon too early.

15+ Year Old Account
    So nitpicking it is, coz realy i cant see that the situation they where in didnt make sense.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-08-16 at 10:17 PM.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I caved in again and watched the leaked episode. Thank you FREEFOLK!
    Couple things
    -Viserion dying and being revived, fucking hell that was amazing. First thing that came to mind after that was the Lich King. Can Bran warg into Viserion? After I watched the episode that's all I could think of. What if he wargs into him and turns the tide of the battle next season?
    -Jon and Dany getting closer to the boat sex we've all been waiting for.
    -The fucking hound pulling aggro onto everyone made me want to punch him in the throat. That bloody cunt.
    -Tormund was being great as usual. I'd like to seem him and Bronn have a drink together. Can't forget the giant monster babies with Brienne either.
    -Benjen sacrificing himself was beyond stupid. Saying there's no time when all he had to do was hop on the horse with him. I really need an explanation for this.
    -I thought Thoros was pretty badass, sucks to see him gone.
    -Jon becoming a Jedi
    http://imgur.com/IZe4J98

I'm liking these back to back solid episodes.

Longclaw alive ?

https://giphy.com/gifs/26n6MPZHlpr7ttySs/html5

But yeah NK has to be Bran, otherwise he could have threw spears at Jon and Co, theres no way he could anticipate Jon would run to that area or that he even survives the initial attacks, he couldnt have known Dany would be in love with Jon so much that she would come