Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodar121 View Post
    Who is this Quin everyone here is bashing?
    A streamer, ret pally, very nooby, carried through shiet because he's a popular streamer and then thinks he's good at the game.

He's a great D3 streamer, but then he moved over to WoW, and his D3 skills definitely didn't transfer over to WoW.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DullAttractiveClipzRlyTho is a pretty good example of one of his many moments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    A streamer, ret pally, very nooby, carried through shiet because he's a popular streamer and then thinks he's good at the game.

He's a great D3 streamer, but then he moved over to WoW, and his D3 skills definitely didn't transfer over to WoW.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DullAttractiveClipzRlyTho is a pretty good example of one of his many moments.

Ah okay, thanks. I actually have heard of him. But he isn´t qualified, is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodar121 View Post
    Ah okay, thanks. I actually have heard of him. But he isn´t qualified, is he?
    https://raider.io/mythic-dungeon-invitational/apac

9th atm, but if one of the teams above got hit with the bans that went out, he may be in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    Why do ppl keep answering to this elprofessor guy? He knows crap and just runs circles with non-arguments every time he's cornered. Let him just roll over and gtfo of this thread.
    A discussion forum is to discuss about something. Its not a battle of who is wrong or right. Its not a battle about guild tags and popularity. I just give my 2 cents to this topic and I try to explain why I think this way. Instead of getting constructive feedback I usually just get an "wrong" "you are dumb" "lol no experience" etc. The most plebs in this forum are incognito, so talking about experience is usually a dead end and it does not change anything. All people have different experiences. Some people find A harder than B, some other people find B harder than A. Very high keystones are more capped by gear and group setup than by actual player skill (we have a lot of really good players in the upper ranks).

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    A discussion forum is to discuss about something. Its not a battle of who is wrong or right. Its not a battle about guild tags and popularity. I just give my 2 cents to this topic and I try to explain why I think this way. Instead of getting constructive feedback I usually just get an "wrong" "you are dumb" "lol no experience" etc. The most plebs in this forum are incognito, so talking about experience is usually a dead end and it does not change anything. All people have different experiences. Some people find A harder than B, some other people find B harder than A. Very high keystones are more capped by gear and group setup than by actual player skill (we have a lot of really good players in the upper ranks).
    You get a "wrong" or "no experience" because, well, you've been shown to be wrong and have no proven experience. This is a discussion forum and throwing in your opinion is fine, but when you're provably wrong it's no different than me posting "The sun is blue. Discuss."
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    You get a "wrong" or "no experience" because, well, you've been shown to be wrong and have no proven experience. This is a discussion forum and throwing in your opinion is fine, but when you're provably wrong it's no different than me posting "The sun is blue. Discuss."

There's nothing wrong with not having experienced exactly what you're talking about.

But it is wrong to claim that the fact you have "experienced" it, is proof (when you hadn't experienced it)

Or refuse to accept when you have been proven wrong.

Deleted
    Blizzard sure is taking their time announcing the actual invitees... It's been a full week by now. Did they post a timetable somewhere when we can expect the first Regional rounds to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    There's nothing wrong with not having experienced exactly what you're talking about.

But it is wrong to claim that the fact you have "experienced" it, is proof (when you hadn't experienced it)

Or refuse to accept when you have been proven wrong.
    I could have worded it better, sure. There's nothing wrong with chiming in on topics when you have no experience. I've not gone above +13 and I like to read and occasionally post. The issue is speaking authoritatively on subjects you have no experience in and then doubling down when others call you on it, as you said.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    Blah
    Many people have written their opinion without anyone attacking them. The fact that your comments have generated such backlash should probably make you think if you are doing something wrong (and let me save you the suspense, you are).
    You can feelcraft and theorycraft all you want but you need to present those opinions as such and not try to pass em like they're based on experience which you don't actually have. To that, add the fact that you have obviously lied about your +m knowledge in a sad attempt to legitimize your arguments, otherwise you would have offered proof to shut us up, which you haven't. As a cherry on top you disagreed in length (not with actual arguments but with feelcraft bullshit which was addressed as being totally wrong) with people who play at the highest level and thus have better experience, knowledge and most probably skill than youm like Emangle and Lazel, well it doesn't take much more to get disliked in a forum.

so whats the deal with some method peeps getting bent? rip the m+ dream?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

People in here who think being top 8 actually means anything, Blizzard can invite an all Asian all-girl left handed Canadian team who hasn't done a 15 in time if it meets their diversity quota.

Don't forget, its an invitational. That means if Blizzard doesn't like you for whatever reason, they can just chose not to invite your team, regardless of whether or not you're Top 8. I wouldn't be surprised if many good teams get passed over because Blizzard wants to invite a well known face in the community to promote the event more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    People in here who think being top 8 actually means anything, Blizzard can invite an all Asian all-girl left handed Canadian team who hasn't done a 15 in time if it meets their diversity quota.

Don't forget, its an invitational. That means if Blizzard doesn't like you for whatever reason, they can just chose not to invite your team, regardless of whether or not you're Top 8. I wouldn't be surprised if many good teams get passed over because Blizzard wants to invite a well known face in the community to promote the event more.
    They sure are entitled to choose, but I'm sure with the ranking as public as they are; declining a team above, for example, Quinn's team, they would have to have a valid reason (even just some guy being muted on wow for 12 hours in the past 6 months) or there would be grounds for some sort of public outcry. They can choose to be more or less lenient on certain groups but if some group with a squeaky clean record were forgone, it wouldn't benefit Blizzard with the backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    so whats the deal with some method peeps getting bent? rip the m+ dream?
    gingi got a 6 month ban for real money transactions and was leveling a new toon on a new account this morning. so theres that.

I just want Towelliee to get invited so all of his fans can see just how terrible he actually is by putting him next to good players. Well I hope anyway, they could just invite only terrible players, in which case nobody will take these seriously anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post

So what you're saying is they can choose not to invite people who's account are in poor standing?

Somehow I'm not surprised you'd have an issue with that
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    So what you're saying is they can choose not to invite people who's account are in poor standing?

Actually Blizz can overwrite their own rule about accounts in bad standing not qualifying, if they so desire. Which renders the whole crime and punishment thing pretty redundant. They can invite Fragnance's team despite a ban because it bring in more views, just as they can not invite another top 8 team because nobody has heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Abujan View Post
    They sure are entitled to choose, but I'm sure with the ranking as public as they are; declining a team above, for example, Quinn's team, they would have to have a valid reason (even just some guy being muted on wow for 12 hours in the past 6 months) or there would be grounds for some sort of public outcry. They can choose to be more or less lenient on certain groups but if some group with a squeaky clean record were forgone, it wouldn't benefit Blizzard with the backlash.
    Blizzard doesn't care about public outcry

- - - Updated - - -

My groups tank is from Quebec, so he can't compete. Nobody in my group got 6 month bans dude.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Actually Blizz can overwrite their own rule about accounts in bad standing not qualifying, if they so desire. Which renders the whole crime and punishment thing pretty redundant. They can invite Fragnance's team despite a ban because it bring in more views, just as they can not invite another top 8 team because nobody has heard of them.
    Lot's of 'cans' here.
    @Dossou let's pretend it's only 6 month bans that disqualify you
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Lot's of 'cans' here.
    @Dossou let's pretend it's only 6 month bans that disqualify you
    Regardless of whether or not the rest of the team would be allowed to compete (which is irrelevant, because none of us really wanted to play with a different tank) the fact that people in our guild had bans made us think that Blizzard would just stay away from our guild anyways, even if we qualified high.

That's fair and a much better way to put it, rather than implying blizzard would decide to skip over you 'just because'