Page 71 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Few things.

One, one of those Americans chose to ram a car into a group of people also exercising their Constitutional right to protest. Ramming a car into a group of protesters is not protected by the Constitution.
    where in my statement I said it was /straw man

Two, Trump is being called out for expressing his opinion. Trump also exercised his Constitutional right. It does not absolve him from consequences, such as people knowing he refused to condemn American Nazis and the KKK when an opportunity was gift-wrapped and thrown into his tiny hands.
    first statement he didn't have all the facts none of us did at the time. we didn't know who was in the car protester or counter protester or just some drunk or old guy screwing up
    we didn't know who was hit protester or counter protester all the facts we had the was violence between both sides and he called out the violence from both sides
    Three, everyone calling Trump out is exercising their Constitutional right to do so.
    never said they didn't /straw man

Four, American Nazis and the KKK praising Trump for defending them -- because they believe he has -- is also protected by the Constitution.

And finally, you can condemn American Nazis and the KKK and still be an American. Here, watch:
    you don't always get to pick who supporter you for example those white supremacists wore Detroit Red Wing logos does that then mean that Detroit Red Wings are some how tied to those white supremacist

American Nazis and the KKK are an embarrassment to the 21st century.

See? That was easy. And it mirrors a very high, and increasing, number of Americans, including GOP Senators and Representatives. They, and I, have called them out for their racist, bigoted, hateful messages that defy the purpose of a mixed, united America and its people, denouncing them for their proven words and actions, and telling them in a variety of different forms to go fuck themselves.

But we haven't called for their arrest or extermination. Calling for the extermination of a group of people is what Nazis do. And when you get into that kind of incitement, your Constitutional rights are no longer the important factor. That shit's illegal.

This whole thing could have gone very, very differently. It could have been a shameful display of the most deplorable of our nation's people living out the most shameful issues of our past, people could have been called nasty names, and that could have been the end of it. But no. An American Nazi had to murder someone to express his political belief, the dominos fell one by one, and then Trump refused to condemn a group of people united solely by racism and hatred, then still squirming, he reloaded and aimed at his other foot. At no point in this did Trump violate the Constitution. He just made it abundantly clear where his priorities lie, and that's his problem, he did it to himself, legally.
    I agree one hundred percent the Neo Nazi and white supremacist are vile scum and Trump on his second statement after he got all the facts after he knew who the driver was and who the victim where called them as much and did so by name

but the problem many have
    you can call out both sides for the violence that both sides did commit without letting on side of the hook or diminish the actions of one side over the other

It's like a revolving door of Nazi sympathizers. The second one gets banned, another returns from obscurity to take its place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And lifting countless regulations designed to protect the environment, and ensure the longterm stability of the infrastructure, because Obama put them in place.

Because we can't have anything Obama did remain in place. Anything no matter how trivial..
    The environment used to be a conservative point. Way back when the common folk couldn't really enjoy it. After all, what is more conservative than conserving America. Not a representation or symbol of America, but literally America the land mass. It changed when GOP stopped being conservative and became corporatist. Otherwise, the choice between preservation of America versus corporations, isn't that difficult of a choice...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    It's like a revolving door of Nazi sympathizers. The second one gets banned, another returns from obscurity to take its place.
    Yeah, but this is a guy who spent the last 8 years attacking Obama over everything, including race issues. Yet, now is defending Trump, because apoerantly in America... both Nazis and those against them, have the same fault for violence. Obama was evil for saying Trayvon Martin could have looked like him, while Trump is defended for literally dissolving blame from Nazis killing someone.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I don't have the energy, just read the last 40 pages, Vyxn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You should watch the video of one of their leaders crying in another thread. Fucker is crying that they didn't instigate anything, talked a lot of shit on the internet, but they were always about peace. Whaaambulance was strong with this one... Total... anal [backstab]...
    He ought to keep crying because its pretty evident right wing extremists aren't content with hitting people with sticks. Oh no they need to go full ISIS with bombs and running over people. And these alt right idiots are already planning more protests that they will inevitably escalate.

And lifting countless regulations designed to protect the environment, and ensure the longterm stability of the infrastructure, because Obama put them in place.

Because we can't have anything Obama did remain in place. Anything no matter how trivial..
    There is no face palm big enough....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/16/us/rob...val/index.html

Brutal. Even the family of the man they claimed to honor has denounced them.
    Of course, because their ancestor and family name is being used to push a genocide ideology. That's why the Hitlers became jewish after the Second World War.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    first statement he didn't have all the facts none of us did at the time. we didn't know who was in the car protester or counter protester or just some drunk or old guy screwing up
    we didn't know who was hit protester or counter protester all the facts we had the was violence between both sides and he called out the violence from both sides
    You don't know that Trump recanted his follow up and has doubled down on his initial statement this morning? You claim he didn't have all the fact thus morning or are you willing to admit being wrong?

you don't always get to pick who supporter you for example those white supremacists wore Detroit Red Wing logos does that then mean that Detroit Red Wings are some how tied to those white supremacist
    No, that's why you have to make the shit up.

I agree one hundred percent the Neo Nazi and white supremacist are vile scum and Trump on his second statement after he got all the facts after he knew who the driver was and who the victim where called them as much and did so by name
    He recanted that statement this morning and double down on his initial statement. Ready to give up the ghost yet? It seems pretty clear by now that someone with at least half a brain convinced him to say it... even then, it lasted until the best time he was on camera

you can call out both sides for the violence that both sides did commit without letting on side of the hook or diminish the actions of one side over the other
    Bullshit! If only one side is responsible in killing someone, you don't get to call out both sides for violence, without white washing reality. Especially when one group is wholly unAmerican and is seeking violence.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

first statement he didn't have all the facts none of us did at the time.
    Roflmao, You don't need all the fact's to condemn American Nazis and the KKK.

There history alone speaks for itself.

Trump double downed on the shit this morning, Are you going to say he still doesn't have all the facts?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    He ought to keep crying because its pretty evident right wing extremists aren't content with hitting people with sticks. Oh no they need to go full ISIS with bombs and running over people. And these alt right idiots are already planning more protests that they will inevitably escalate.
    They are the same as ISIS. Their goals and motives are identical. Their religion is different and race, as well as one side having the privilege of living in America, while the other in slums. Everything that is above superficial is the same. They want to eradicate those that are not like them and instill their law, away from the oppressor who are not like them.

We need to figure out how to have them regenerate endlessly and then dump them on a remote planet to fight each other for eternity. I'm such a softy that I wouldn't even want them to stay dead... just regenerate and back to kill each other again. I'm that nice...

10+ Year Old Account
    *cracks knuckles*

where in my statement I said it was /straw man
    Never said you did. But you did choose to make this about a problem that doesn't exist. The discussion was about Trump refusing to condemn American Nazis and the KKK, and an American Nazi murdering someone, and you're talking about their right to assemble. Kind of not the point, kind of far from the point, and that makes it a straw man on your side, not mine. I was at least on topic.

first statement he didn't have all the facts none of us did at the time
    How many "facts" do you need to know that American Nazis and the KKK are racist, hateful people that are an embarrassment to the 21st century? I knew that decades ago. Their decision to congregate didn't have any effect on that. Trump, or anyone for that matter, could have said "American Nazis and the KKK are bad people" at literally any point from the end of WW2 to now and it would be just as relevant then as it is today. It would have still been true, even if they hadn't murdered someone at the rally.

And I think I need your response on that one. What "facts" was Trump waiting on, before condemning American Nazis and the KKK? Yes, he could have also called out other people too, that's also his right, but what specific piece of information that he lacked caused him to drag his feet for 48 hours before he American Nazis and the KKK were bad people? Be honest.

never said they didn't
    Didn't have to. I'm allowed to make counter points based on what you decided was the topic -- Constitutional freedom of speech.

First of all, the Red Wings immediately called out the use of their logo as against what they stood for. They did not wait 12 hours, let alone 48.

Second of all, while it's true you don't control who votes for you, you do control who you want to vote for you. Trump has made it clear enough to American Nazis and the KKK that he wants their vote, that they are cheering his speeches openly. Trump could also have instead taken every possible opportunity, rather than waiting so long, to immediately condemn two of the most hated groups in America, and one of the most hated (if not THE most hated) groups in the entire world. He didn't. That's on him.

I agree one hundred percent the Neo Nazi and white supremacist are vile scum and Trump on his second statement after he got all the facts after he knew who the driver was and who the victim where called then as much
    Question: why did you have to know who the driver was, before thinking that American Nazis and the KKK were scum? Because it sounds to me like you're defending Trump for waiting until he knew that, before saying that. And, well, that's a pretty dangerous thing to say.

And also, why did he only condemn them in one out of three tries? I'm not convinced that's all that effective.

Being "on the fence" about American Nazis and the KKK is why Trump's statements are calling down such ire from basically everyone, from his own manufacturing council, to the GOP, to the military, hell even Pence condemned them. Trump could have just flat-out said "American Nazis and the KKK are an embarrassment to the 21st century and do not reflect American values". He chose to destroy that message through ambiguity, backsteps, and false equivalences. That's entirely on him.

And that's the real problem, not whether or not American Nazis and the KKK have the right to assemble. That's no longer the issue by far.

Deleted
    I'm trying to find "good people on both sides". Because one side pretty much defends the enslavement and death of millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Yea no. The media loves a fucking scandal. Every other news outlet can run this because it isnt republican pravda. Fox would be all over something like this if it were a democrat or progressive.

- - - Updated - - -

But wait theirs more!!

Fox hss noticrable ignored many a headline since 45 took office.
    Yes because provoking a race war is such good journalism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I'm trying to find "good people on both sides". Because one side pretty much defends the enslavement and death of millions.
    Mohammad's side?

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    A good time to label them the terrorists they are.
    I don't think it's journalists who are doing it. You might want to look elsewhere for the blame. Guess where... this isn't a tough puzzle.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2017-08-16 at 11:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Mohammad's side?
    Hahahaha thats funny. Apparently feelings are more important tham facts!!

Deleted
    Mohammad's side?
    So, you finally admitted that "Unite the Right" is equivalent to ISIS? Good to see that we are getting somewhere.

Who exactly is provoking a race war, again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    How many "facts" do you need to know that American Nazis and the KKK are racist, hateful people that are an embarrassment to the 21st century?
    This stuff is tricky, the Nazis have only been around 90 years, the KKK for 150, it takes time to make these determinations, you don't want to rush into it like "other politicians".

Who exactly is provoking a race war, again?
    Reporting on a person getting killed is it, because that news story doesn't fit his agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Add former CIA chief John Brennan to the pile.

Ex-CIA chief: Trump will do 'lasting harm to American society'

"Mr. Trump's words, and the beliefs they reflect, are a national disgrace, and all Americans of conscience need to repudiate his ugly and dangerous comments."
    "But of course an Obama appointee would -- "

Appointed by Bush 2004. Obama just kept him.