Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

OMG Blizzard APP Update!!!!!

Who is excited?

I fail to see what this has to do with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I honestly wish we were able to remove it from the list.
    this. /10char

I don't normally bother with the launcher at all, I just launch the .exe for WoW directly, but yeah...that does seem wrong somehow. Pretty soon it'll just be the Activision app when they decide to just do away with the Blizzard name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Wonder how long until it's renamed the Activision Blizzard app.

you guys live in a box? there just was long blue post that they are going to keep the blizzard in the battle net brand because its important part of it.

Why? What effect does it have on you being on the list? If it tempts you into purchasing it then that is on you for poor money handling skills. Otherwise there is no effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Battle.net was always refreshing in that it was Blizzard's platform that didn't try to copy Steam the way Origin and Uplay did.

It was nice while it lasted.
    And it will still be Battle.net. Nothing is going to change drastically because they are letting another dev put their game on. Hell I imagine Activision may expand it to Call of Duty in the future. End of the day it doesn't affect me because I don't have to buy it. Just as it doesn't affect anyone else.

Simply put, I dislike it. A "hide" feature would be nice for non-Blizzard games.
    So no actual reason?

I asked how it affected you. Not whether you liked it or not.

Will this suddenly cause instability on the app? No

Will it somehow force you to buy it against your will? No

Can you still access your Blizzard games with ease?

Cool then there's literally no downsides. And considering that says Activision and they are only the publisher that leads me to believe Activision may throw some of their own games on there too.

Name me one negative effect putting this on the app has. It's not going to suddenly change how the app works. The App is on Blizzards end and Activision will have no say in how they run it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-16 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why there could be any reason to be excited :P it's not a blizzard game to begin with, and I don't understand the interest of playing destiny either, there's too many good games out there

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I don't understand why there could be any reason to be excited :P it's not a blizzard game to begin with, and I don't understand the interest of playing destiny either, there's too many good games out there
    Because and stay with me on this one.... People enjoy games you don't! :O

I'll be getting this to play with some friends. We are still debating which system to get it for since none of us yet again can make up our damn minds. I've said I'll be getting it on what everyone else gets it for. Originally we chose XB1 but then they all said "nope nope nope" just as I was about to bloody preorder.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-16 at 10:54 PM.

Aesthetically, I don't like having games on the list that I have no plan on buying.

Beyond that, as I said earlier, it feels like an attempt to create a Steam rival along the lines of Origin and Uplay. I've personally always found the latter two to be cashgrabs trying to profit off of the popularity of Steam and if Battle.net turns into something similar, I'll begin to view it the same.

You don't have to agree with me and I respect your opinion regardless.
    And I respect yours. I just think a hide option is pointless. It's a tiny thing anyway and not intrusive.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-16 at 10:54 PM.

Same. Having bought all the games listed in the Blizzard app always gave me some form of satisfaction simply for the fact of owning everything listed. Now I won't be doing that anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So no actual reason?

I asked how it affected you. Not whether you liked it or not.

Will this suddenly cause instability on the app? No

Will it somehow force you to buy it against your will? No

Can you still access your Blizzard games with ease?

Cool then there's literally no downsides. And considering that says Activision and they are only the publisher that leads me to believe Activision may throw some of their own games on there too.

Name me one negative effect putting this on the app has. It's not going to suddenly change how the app works. The App is on Blizzards end and Activision will have no say in how they run it.

I like my stuff clean and organized, so not be able to do anything affects me.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    I like my stuff clean and organized, so not be able to do anything affects me.
    It still looks clean and organised. It's in it's own separate section and lined up with the other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because and stay with me on this one.... People enjoy games you don't! :O

I'll be getting this to play with some friends. We are still debating which system to get it for since none of us yet again can make up our damn minds. I've said I'll be getting it on what everyone else gets it for. Originally we chose XB1 but then they all said "nope nope nope" just as I was about to bloody preorder.
    doesn't change the fact that I don't understand those people :P I wish there could be a valid reason as I'm really interested in discovering games with genius atmosphere and compositions that makes us proud to be human

disappointing, came in here expecting something awesome with the phone app.

Same here, but not because it's Destiny 2. I'd just like that feature so I can also get rid of the icons for Starcraft Remaster and Starcraft 2, as I don't play RTS games and those icons just feel like useless clutter on my system.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    doesn't change the fact that I don't understand those people :P I wish there could be a valid reason as I'm really interested in discovering games with genius atmosphere and compositions that makes us proud to be human
    You aren't supposed to understand why people like different things to you. People enjoy different things. You calling Destiny bad or not having a "genius atmosphere" is subjective just like me saying it's an amazing game is subjective.

What someone likes is their own choice. Not yours.

There will be people buying Destiny 2 because they like it. Simple as that. As will I. I enjoy FPS/loot games and also enjoying the fact more are starting to pop up. Some cosmetic and some with a full on gearing system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Same here, but not because it's Destiny 2. I'd just like that feature so I can also get rid of the icons for Starcraft Remaster and Starcraft 2, as I don't play RTS games and those icons just feel like useless clutter on my system.
    Those icons are probably like 1MB each. Probably less. Calling it clutter is stretching it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-16 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't supposed to understand why people like different things to you. People enjoy different things. You calling Destiny bad or not having a "genius atmosphere" is subjective just like me saying it's an amazing game is subjective.

What someone likes is their own choice. Not yours.

There will be people buying Destiny 2 because they like it. Simple as that. As will I. I enjoy FPS/loot games and also enjoying the fact more are starting to pop up. Some cosmetic and some with a full on gearing system.
    it's still interesting to try to understand what leads people to enjoy as they do, I'm still open even though I've seen nothing valuable in this so far

Another +1 for being able to remove games you don't want, that's not just for Destiny, that includes all Blizzard games, I'd much rather just have WoW on there and that's it. I don't play or care for HotS or StarCraft nor their genre as a whole, and I barely gave Diablo 3 a second look because pretty much my entire guild jumps onto it each new season. Overwatch was good for a while but eh.

At this rate, the BN app will become another steam type platform, we have enough already. God help us when the likes of CoD and every other Activision game is on it. :/
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-08-16 at 11:53 PM.