Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Common misconception. On-use trinkets actually have much more generous margins than people tend to think, because first and foremost it comes down to not losing a use - and on 1:30+ minute cooldowns, you'd need to delay quite a bit to actually lose one overall use over the course of the fight (well, quite a bit as in you don't need split-second reaction you still can't let it sit half a minute). In return, you get a chance to sync up with other procs, potions, mechanics, etc. reliably - which can be QUITE the damage gain.

That being said, I also just prefer UA + Whispers. Whispers is such an unfair piece of loot it's unreal.
    ^This

A great example is maiden, holding SH for the damage buff is a dps gain because you can only fit two in for the duration of the fight so you lose nothing and gain everything by syncing it with the damage buff, took me a few clears to realise why i was parsing so low on that fight as i was using it on pull.

If you have a fight on farm (and most if not all ranking logs will be on farm fights), then you can usually predict the length of the encounter with a fair amount of accuracy. The scripted nature of most mechanics means you can plan ahead nicely, and know when you have what available, and how to arrange around it. Granted, that doesn't always make the difference, but with the right tools it can have quite the impact on your performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody wonder why Jelloslock uses Metronome instead of Whispers? Sure he has one...

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Anybody wonder why Jelloslock uses Metronome instead of Whispers? Sure he has one...
    On what fight? I know some people prefer Metronome for M+ for more consistency, since Whispers can be very random and just not proc at all on short pulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Common misconception. On-use trinkets actually have much more generous margins than people tend to think, because first and foremost it comes down to not losing a use - and on 1:30+ minute cooldowns, you'd need to delay quite a bit to actually lose one overall use over the course of the fight (well, quite a bit as in you don't need split-second reaction you still can't let it sit half a minute). In return, you get a chance to sync up with other procs, potions, mechanics, etc. reliably - which can be QUITE the damage gain.

That being said, I also just prefer UA + Whispers. Whispers is such an unfair piece of loot it's unreal.
    That's interesting, good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like most fights.

Metronome is a badass trinket if you have a good titanforge. Very similar to whispers, but with consistent haste. The only reason you do not see it more is because I doubt there are as many high TF metronomes in existence as there are whispers. I was never able to get one over 880 in all of my NH clears H and M.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazzles View Post
    The only reason you do not see it more is because I doubt there are as many high TF metronomes in existence as there are whispers. I was never able to get one over 880 in all of my NH clears H and M.
    I would argue the complete opposite...

Mythic Metronome is by FAR easier for the average player considering the base is 900 off M Chrono (and a super fucking joke) in comparison to a 910 mythic base off Gul'dan (895 H Gul'dan loot).

You must have never killed it (or was never given to you) in mythic if you don't have a 900 version - not because it wouldn't forge over 880...

I would imagine he and or other people would still use it due to consistency but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by pappaslop View Post
    I would argue the complete opposite...

Mythic Metronome is by FAR easier for the average player considering the base is 900 off M Chrono (and a super fucking joke) in comparison to a 910 mythic base off Gul'dan (895 H Gul'dan loot).

You must have never killed it (or was never given to you) in mythic if you don't have a 900 version - not because it wouldn't forge over 880...

I would imagine he and or other people would still use it due to consistency but that's just me.
    You missed the part where I said high titanforge. It would for sure have to be 920+ to be worth using over a 900+ whispers.

You missed the part where I said high titanforge. It would for sure have to be 920+ to be worth using over a 900+ whispers.
    The entire reason for you mentioning the metronome was from an earlier poster wondering why Jello used it, so I'll start there... You also called Metronome a "badass trinket" if you have a good titanforge.

#1 Desolate:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mary&source=17

#1 DI:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mary&source=15

In both public logs - 905 metronome... Therefore, I do not believe a "920+ forge" is needed to outperform a 900 whispers.

-

Also, I don't believe I missed anything... You mentioned not seeing a Metronome above 880 in all of your "heroic and mythic clears". Heroic drops 885 and mythic drops 900, so you've either not cleared it on any difficulty above normal, or the item was never given to you because it's inherently higher than your "880" comment used to prove "rarity" over whispers.

Quote Originally Posted by pappaslop View Post
    The entire reason for you mentioning the metronome was from an earlier poster wondering why Jello used it, so I'll start there... You also called Metronome a "badass trinket" if you have a good titanforge.

#1 Desolate:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mary&source=17

#1 DI:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mary&source=15

In both public logs - 905 metronome... Therefore, I do not believe a "920+ forge" is needed to outperform a 900 whispers.

-

Also, I don't believe I missed anything... You mentioned not seeing a Metronome above 880 in all of your "heroic and mythic clears". Heroic drops 885 and mythic drops 900, so you've either not cleared it on any difficulty above normal, or the item was never given to you because it's inherently higher than your "880" comment used to prove "rarity" over whispers.
    Lol dude you are linking me one persons logs, thats hardly a pool of data to work off of. It seems you are getting caught up over very minute details such as the difference between 880 and 885. I was not giving you exact data points, so theres no need to nickle and dime over 5 ilvls?

The point I was making is that you see a lot more high ilvl Whispers because it drops off the boss that people at a higher level than the general raiding population continue to go in and kill week after week. Very few higher level raiders are clearing the first 7 in NH, especially since ToS dropped.

Lol dude you are linking me one persons logs, thats hardly a pool of data to work off of. It seems you are getting caught up over very minute details such as the difference between 880 and 885. I was not giving you exact data points, so theres no need to nickle and dime over 5 ilvls?

The point I was making is that you see a lot more high ilvl Whispers because it drops off the boss that people at a higher level than the general raiding population continue to go in and kill week after week. Very few higher level raiders are clearing the first 7 in NH, especially since ToS dropped.
    I wouldn't say I'm caught up on anything... I just don't agree with you. Metronome was mentioned because of Jellos - I responded with appropriate information (even if it is just one person - he clearly makes it work).

All good though, the work day is over and I no longer care