Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation New World of Warcraft Beta Build

Blizzard updated their World of Warcraft Beta Build Config on their Blizzard's CDN version file:

http://us.patch.battle.net:1119/wow_beta/versions

Last Legion Beta Build 22995 (WOW-22995patch7.1.0_Beta) was back in 2016-11-08 08:08:38 and today Blizzard updated their Version file that included new Beta Build Config for Beta Build 24758 (WOW-24758patch7.3.0_Beta).

Between 2016-11-08 (the date of the opening of Trial of Valor) and 2017-08-04 Blizzard never publicly released an Beta Build.

No details on the expansion have been revealed, but there's speculation it could be themed around Kul Tiras based on a datamined quest set. This speculation was further fueled by Jaina Proudmoore represented on the official Warcraft BlizzCon art.

When do you think we'll learn more about the expansion? BlizzCon or Gamescom 2017?

Source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=269965/u...a-build-config

No matter what, I'm now more hyped for Gamescom than I was earlier today.

Still not getting my hopes all the way up there though. But still gonna ride the hype train until the time comes. :P

its just for people at gamescon to test it.

7+ Year Old Account
    7.3 avaible to play at gamescom.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Floor build of 7.3 or 7.3.5.

Not 8.0, imho.

They update the beta repository for a 7.3.0 test and people assume its about the expansion? Why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    7.3 avaible to play at gamescom.
    thats what it is - nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    you know, i thought the wow warrior forums had the most pathetic people with all their tears about nithogg....but i was wrong. the lot of you idiots, with your beyond pathetic "leaks" and rumors and everything else because the simple act of waiting for news would probably actually kill you at this point, actually take the cake as the most pathetic gaming subgroup to ever exist. So...kudos i guess
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    They update the beta repository for a 7.3.0 test and people assume its about the expansion? Why?
    This is the reasoning (not saying I agree with it for Legion):

Live = current version/patch
    Test/PTR = next patch
    Beta = next version

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they waste their time to make 7.3 playable at Gamescom? I haven't kept up with it, but it's a smaller content patch that 7.2. There isn't any big or flashy reason to get people into booths to play 7.3. You can also just play it on the PTR right now.

updated their Version file that included new Beta Build Config for Beta Build 24758 (WOW-24758patch7.3.0_Beta).

Could be a 7.3 floor build.

Or could be an 8.0 build using 7.3 as a base for a demo. Who knows. Unlikely but a possibility and admittedly speculation on part.

We will find out next week. Although I doubt them letting people play a 7.3 floor build when it's in a near completed state on PTR which people can access freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Furytime View Post
    Why would they waste their time to make 7.3 playable at Gamescom? I haven't kept up with it, but it's a smaller content patch that 7.2. There isn't any big or flashy reason to get people into booths to play 7.3. You can also just play it on the PTR right now.
    Argus? New dungeon? New animations?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    But again PTR is accessible to anyone with a WoW account. People can go play it right now.

I mean it's highly likely it's a floor build but I guess we will find out next week.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-16 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The only thing that raises a question on that is the fact that 7.3 is basically done and everything can be freely tested on the PTR atm. A floor build doesn't mean much at all if everything is already available to test.

But then the hole that gets put in that is that Gamescom is a more wide appeal gaming convention so they may just throw together a floor build to try to draw attention from non WoW players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Furytime View Post
    They need something to have playable, they always do, and even if they announce a new expansion, it would be very far from that still.
    So might as well get people running around Argus.

Blizzard announced Diablo 3 at World Wide Invitational 2008, I was there... they didnt release a playable demo however.

So what im saying is, they can still announce a new expansion at Gamescom, they might not have a demo there, but they can announce the game there.

Im pretty sure when Legion was announced the only thing that was testable was the DH starter zone which was available in the WoD client before Legion launched.

So its possible they might have something playable in Gamescom thats going to be available at pre-launch next expansion.

Its a floor build for 7.3 for gamescom. we can stil get an announcement about whats next may it be a new expansion or 7.4. i doubt they'd only show 7.3 at gamescom.
    As they have stated its there biggest showing ever. so we're bound to get something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    BlizzCon

100%
    Don't be a party pooper

It's likely just so they've got a build they can (a) host locally to prevent lag and/or DDOSing from ruining everything, and (b) keep behind the main testing build so they don't introduce any new and unexpected game-breaking bugs into their PR build.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton