Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Arya is completely insufferable. The writing at Winterfell is terrible.

Also I don't understand how it is even feasible for a raven to reach Daenerys and for her to fly over to where they are located in time. How long were they at that lake?
    Yeah, if I had to choose I'm usually on Team Arya but she's such a gigantic bitch to her sister, at a time of extreme duress for everyone, that I lean towards Sansa this time around. Who the fuck cares if she wrote a stupid letter under duress 5-6 years ago? Hello, the Army of the Dead is coming. No time for the petty grudges of your sisterly rivalry.

And travel times obviously are of no consequence in this show anymore. If Euron can sail across the continent in one episode, it's not out of the impossible for Gendry to sprint back to Eastmarch (smithing builds up cardio, yo), the raven to reach Dany, and Dany to rush halfway across the continent herself with 3 dragons in, what, two days at most.

I'm more amused by the fact that these guys went beyond the Wall... with no mount, no food, no supplies of any kind save from Thoros's apparently bottomless flask. I mean, having these characters interact was fun as hell, but the entire expedition is just stupid beyond words.

Also yeah, Jon should have died of hypothermia the moment he got tossed into that lake. Especially considering he just spent at least one or two days freezing his ass in one place with no food and no fire.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2017-08-16 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    They had fire...they had a human sized portable heater
    yeah, people dont burn well, not without fuel, and no, half a pint of shit drink does not count as enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    yeah, people dont burn well, not without fuel, and no, half a pint of shit drink does not count as enough.
    Maybe they just took turns with Berics flaming sword lol

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Was this stuff posted any where other than what appears to be your fanfic that you keep repeating like its gospel?
    If you have seen the episode it's obviously true. Conveniently place White walker scouting party for the fellowship to grab wight off of, lures them into the lake, they have no time to go back the way they came as a group as it is a narrow path so they send gendry.

End up conveniently stranded in the middle of a lake while it refreazes, the night king conveniently attacks right as dany is about to arrive. The night king totally expecting the dragons has multiple spears ready, and even has chains to pull them out of the lake, the then uses his dragon to melt part of the wall next episode.

He was trapped beyond the wall till our heros played right into his hands and freed him.

The passage of time/time compression is really shitty, 7/8 should have just been 10 episodes each.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    Not with that attitude they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Maybe they just took turns with Berics flaming sword lol
    more believable that some of the shit in that episode.

Deleted
    Everything else aside (there were flaws) are people really raging they didn't have Dragonglass?

Watch it again - everyone using a non-magic weapon pulled out a dagger, except Tormund who had an axe made out of shards tied to a haft.

They haven't had time to mine and forge the Dragonglass into proper weapons yet (who even knows if they *can* forge proper weapons), but they did take Dragonglass with them.

Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2017-08-17 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    GoT has turned into bad fan fiction at this point even when some of this will be in the books one day, season 7 has been hard to watch, it's just fan service..

7+ Year Old Account
    ...patiently waiting for episode 7 leak...

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    The passage of time/time compression is really shitty, 7/8 should have just been 10 episodes each.
    The top 5 actors chewing up 2mil pound salary per episode each doesn't help in that aspect.
    That's by far the highest salary/episode ever for a tv program (Friends cast hit a "humble" 1mil/episode in their finale season) and this one is behind a paywall.
    Its not as if 100mil people see GoT weekly.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    this season is very predictable even without people like ilikegreenfire trying their best to ruin it with their reddit skillz

arya being a bitch to sansa to get her to realise its littlefinger all along is probably the lowest point of the show for me even with the wasted dorne plotline.

Dany and Jon doesnt feel real just forced.

Awesome effects on the dragon bleeding though, that was well done
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-08-17 at 12:33 AM.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    this season is very predictable even without people like ilikegreenfire trying their best to ruin it with their reddit skillz
    I mean, don't we deal with the same thing in the TWD thread? Nothing new.

Can some things in the show be ridiculous? Yes, i've questioned a lot that happens. Especially in the most recent episode where Benjen is like "Leave me, it's not like the horse can take the both of us." Despite that, I still enjoy the show even though it has many flaws. I mean, nothing is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Its not as if 100mil people see GoT weekly.
    Legally at least.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Another dubious plot element: if the Night King and his army are that close to Eastwatch (close enough for Gendry to run back), then what makes Jon think there is enough time to capture a wight, travel to King's Landing, convince the powers of Westeros about the threat in the north, gather all the armies, and finally march back to defend the wall???
    Are those handful of wildlings supposed to hold the wall at Eastwatch until the rest of Westeros arrives? Why didn't he order his own troops to reinforce Eastwatch in the meantime, etc?

I understand the rest of Westeros not being convinced of the NK's threat is a problem, but this expedition seems rather silly. If the NK attacks the wall (which is bound to happen either way), then that in itself should alarm Westeros.

relevant: https://i.redd.it/v6y0c2x7b4gz.jpg
    Last edited by Acidz; 2017-08-17 at 12:57 AM. Reason: image from reddit

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post

Can some things in the show be ridiculous? Yes, i've questioned a lot that happens. Especially in the most recent episode where Benjen is like "Leave me, it's not like the horse can take the both of us." Despite that, I still enjoy the show even though it has many flaws. I mean, nothing is perfect.
    My super stallion cannot hold two men dont be silly jon! on you go my boy! We've filled the character death quota today.

Dat polar bear head movement was giving me jaws flashbacks. But was fun episode overall, the dialogue between the suicide squad group was great

- - - Updated - - -

Also dany has a thing for stab wounds huh? shes really digging the fact jon was stabbed

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah very cliche "theres no time" with Benjen. Distracted all but a minute and killed maybe 2? He had plenty of time to hob on the horse

Deleted
    Its good that they have kept consistant in teleporting everyone everywhere with zero distances and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Yeah very cliche "theres no time" with Benjen. Distracted all but a minute and killed maybe 2? He had plenty of time to hob on the horse
    He said "Its not time" which means he has unfinished business
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post

Benjen probably used taunt so the Night King wouldn't toss his spear at them or the horse or something, letting Jon escape.
    That or maybe if they both were on the horse, the ice would break from overweight and they would both fall and die?
    I am trying to come up with reasons :P