Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It needed to be longer. You could tell how much they were cutting down on the movie and even 30 minutes would have allowed them to flesh out scenes and the plot much better. It led to a lot of awkward cutaways and question marks where the story felt rushed.

Overall, I'd say it should be a TV series more than a movie, or they should have done a separate story from the universe. They picked a story that requires a trilogy to tell and tried to force it into a 2 hour block.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Thing is Duncan Jones has said if he gets a chance at a sequel it will be about Thrall and his story.

Think of that what you will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post
    Thing is Duncan Jones has said if he gets a chance at a sequel it will be about Thrall and his story.

I think mostly of Orc fatique.

Altough Thrall as an Arena fighter in Hillsbrad would be cool.

My guess is that Blizzard had to backdown a lot of idea because the big producers went in " I know how to make movie you do not, so you listen and stfu and you give us your ideas we will adapt it on screen ", and bam ! A good bad movie...

Too many things to mention I would change. Rewrite the damn script for one thing. Apart from the glaring issues with the performances, dialogue and so forth, I wish they'd just picked some other story to tell in the warcraft universe, this story was not worth telling on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by trrujkgklg View Post

Honestly Thrall should be a third movie.

First Movie = First War (More Horde-leaning since it should be the introduction of the Horde)

Second Movie = Second War (More Alliance-leaning with the introduction of Lordaeron, Alterac, Gilneas, Kul Tiras and Quel'thalas as well as an intro for Arthas and Jaina).

Third Movie = Lord of the Clans

Fourth Movie = Arthas

Fifth Movie = Kalimdor

Yes, five WC movies are unlikely, but that's how I would do it. Both Thrall and Arthas should have their own movies because they're both extremely important characters.

Unless Blizz or Legendary who is now under Chinese control decide to do another movie then WoW as a movie franchise is dead. No western studio will touch it even though it made a mint in China and Europe.

I honestly think it was all down to timing and the fact they chose the wrong story plus studio interference killed it and half of me thinks it should just stay dead. The acting really wasnt that bad imo and i liked the CGI it gave it a nice video game/movie feel but i understand its flaws.

IMO Warcraft will go down as one of those geek movies that will divide geekdom for a long time to come just like Dune and the Phantom Menace!

15+ Year Old Account
    Khadgar looked and acted like a 2017 teenager, it felt wrong.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Only thing I would change is stop them from shortening the movie. It fucked up Warcraft, it fucked up BvS. But I still love both movies.

Being a movie was their first mistake. Even the First War alone has way too much lore to be done justice in 2-3 hours, especially if you show the point of view of the Orcs.

Tied into that, it was way too short. The movie sped along at lightning speed, dumping exposition along the way that any non-fan was almost certain to get lost in. It had way, way too many characters for its own good. Way too many plot threads for its runtime.

The dialog was also nothing to write home about. Which is kind of to be expected since the source material isn't high literature either, but in a game you can ignore poor dialog and fall back on gameplay or graphics. In a movie you cannot.

To its credit, the CGI was generally decent and the battle sequences could have been far worse, but it just wasn't a very good movie.

Jones has said enough to put together what the other two movies in the trilogy would be if it continued. The next two movies would wrap up the first war, cover the second war and would have Thrall leading the remnants of the Horde to found Durotar. The reason I say this is because Jones has stated that Thrall would be an important part of the next two films, not just a cameo. He's also stated that the story of the Orcs across the three films is them finding a new home and Thrall finishing what his father set out to do. Whilst it puts the game timeline out of whack, it makes sense for the films the deviate like that. The story is approximately equally split between heroes on both sides, and to end a movie trilogy with one side losing and being enslaved indefinitely just wouldn't work on film unless they could guarantee more films to follow up. It was enough of a risk trying to set up for a trilogy, let alone more. So it makes sense for Jones to try and bring some closure by the end of the third film.
    Last edited by Captain Kennedy; 2017-08-17 at 03:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    One of them being the cast and a few of the characters, honestly as much as I love Vikings, I feel like Travis Fimmel was the wrong choice to play Lothar.
    That's what i've been thinking and saying since i've seen him in production. Just awful fucking choice. Other than that - i've enjoyed this movie and encourage everyone to watch it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    To its credit, the CGI was generally decent and the battle sequences could have been far worse, but it just wasn't a very good movie.
    Look at battle sequences in almost any superhero movie - they are just awful, up to 20 cuts per a fight scene. Like, really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I think the battle sequences were good enough, especially for someone who had no previous experience on that kind of directing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The biggest elephant in the room is that Khadgar had a pedo-stache.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I personally think a tv series based on Warcraft would've been way better than a movie. Instead, they could've made a movie about Arthas and Illidan once the series catch up to that point.

Those are the types of stories people want to see on the big screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go back and nuke the whole thing. There was quite literally nothing good about the film. It further muddied the already tangled shitmess that was wod and served only to make anybody with some sliver of wow fandom or Knowladge wince

cough THE FELL unconvincing cough
    Wrath baby and proud of it

5+ Year Old Account
    The sets. I didn't like them.

The casting was garbage.

The movie was just a blight on humanity as a whole. Decades from now, there'll be a museum dedicated to this tragic event and the lives it has damaged. Memorials to its victims will be erected across the world, and Duncan Jones will be tried as a war criminal and executed on live TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    The movie was just a blight on humanity as a whole. Decades from now, there'll be a museum dedicated to this tragic event and the lives it has damaged. Memorials to its victims will be erected across the world, and Duncan Jones will be tried as a war criminal and executed on live TV.
    How fucking dramatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.