Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    maybe the QQing about things they dont like ? maybe some day, after playing 8 years or so, you really loved this new anims comin with 7.3. and then, in 2025, they change it to somewhat completely different. lets assume you dont like it. are you sure you dont write this into a forum that is used for stuff like that ?

sorry i been playing for 10 years already. And this animations change are welcomes. The game animation are super old. What you feel is call nostalgia, is a common disease this days on the internet.

I can actually see how much effor they put to generate different animations base on classes that make more sense that race animations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Wow, calm down people, animations are good. Much better than the shitty animations since vanilla. Also for the ppl who say that melee animations suck they are retarded. Just fucking quit the game already if nothing pleases you. Blizzard clearly never hits the mark with negative emos like you all.
    QQ is free on forums so they just QQ about any little change the game get.

- Blizzard adds animations where previously the same casting movements were used for everything
    - Players bitch and moan about how the old animations are iconic..

Yeah... MMO-C in a nutshell, you'd be excused for believing that this website is a subforum for Tumblr where the triggered, Negative Nates thrive...

Quote Originally Posted by Yubelluna View Post
    Why do people always insist on wanting caster animations to use weapons? They aren't a warrior that needs a weapon to attack, their power comes from within. An unarmed mage can still cast a spell.
    Never seen Lord of the Rings have you?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks great.

I play exclusively Dwarves these days, so it'll be awesome to have class-specific animations. Instead of all my dwarves using the same motions and gestures, my dwarf frost mage will be different to my dwarf warlock and my dwarf priest and my dwarf shaman. Fantastic, thanks Blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by Zookz25 View Post
    Overall though, I'm happy that they didn't force weapons to be incorporated into most casting animations (keeping them to artifact weapon abilities).
    Have you tested this with artifact abilitys on the ptr? I'm still trying to figure out if the artifact ability's still bring the weapon to the casters hand with the new casting animations or not. Would be a huge shame if they took it out.
    "A wise king never seeks war, but is always prepared for it. A strong king never gives into fear, but provides courage and strength to his subjects. For the truest victory, is stirring the hearts of your people."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I don't remember that face having red eyes for orcs... I'd have chosen it for my shaman if it did.

Kinda miss when your race determined your casting animation instead of this "one-size fit all" new animations though

Quote Originally Posted by Jkalz7 View Post
    Have you tested this with artifact abilitys on the ptr? I'm still trying to figure out if the artifact ability's still bring the weapon to the casters hand with the new casting animations or not. Would be a huge shame if they took it out.
    Haven't tested it, but I doubt they would have removed them. I think it's sad that some (namely the shadow priest's artifact ability) were designed to use their weapon, but never did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    Kinda miss when your race determined your casting animation instead of this "one-size fit all" new animations though
    Filler spells still use the racial casting animation. Depending on how often your class spams their filler, you'll get varying amounts of usage.
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2017-08-17 at 12:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people always insist on wanting caster animations to use weapons? They aren't a warrior that needs a weapon to attack, their power comes from within. An unarmed mage can still cast a spell.
    FFXIV does a good job with casters casting with weapons imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    FFXIV does a good job with casters casting with weapons imo.
    Final Fantasy games do a good job with any kind of spell. lol

I still feel like it doesn't really fit WoW outside of special cases such as artifact weapons, or if the class fantasy was based around the weapon or style of fighting, like monks using their fists instead of their weapons. Or how frost DKs use their runeblade to throw out Howling Blast or Blood Boil; it fits the class and what their weapon means to them.
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2017-08-17 at 12:17 AM.

Are you serious? Every mage and priest in media casts with a wand or staff. Gandalf, everyone in harry potter, raistlin harry dresden
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

It's great seeing Warlocks getting shafted again. I mean, when the expansion is all about demons and the Burning Legion, why give any attention to the one class that utilizes them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Are you serious? Every mage and priest in media casts with a wand or staff. Gandalf, everyone in harry potter, raistlin harry dresden
    Yet Gandalf almost never used his staff and characters were able to cast magic without using a wand in Harry Potter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprising the Warlock hating Blizzard completely left them out of the update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Not surprising the Warlock hating Blizzard completely left them out of the update.
    Holy Paladins didn't get any updates either. I believe they said they're still working on those.

All that stuff is nice and all, but how about they gave us casting animation with the character actually using his weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    Yeah I agree, apparently it'll still apply to filler spells but I wonder how long that'll last for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    Holy Paladins didn't get any updates either. I believe they said they're still working on those.
    Unlike Holy Paladins, Warlocks have been screwed over since the moment Warlords of Draenor arrived and it's only gotten dramatically worse since then. If any class is deserving of new animations, it's Warlocks.

All i see in this thread are people that have a hard time handling change. If you thought caster animations of 2005 would last forever then i dunno what to tell you.

Remember change is always inevitable, i bet alot of you cried when hunters lost mana and for no other reason that "it's not the old hunter". The majority of you havent even tried the animations yet and are already saying they're shit.

These look awesome.

Deleted
    Did I miss something? Do monks get new animations too, or are they "new enough"?