Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I just wish the icons were hi-res and shiny, there are so blah now.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I hate Starcraft and Hearthstone. WHY ARE THEY ON MY LAUNCHER?!

Calm down people. It's an icon. You'll survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why? What effect does it have on you being on the list? If it tempts you into purchasing it then that is on you for poor money handling skills. Otherwise there is no effect.

- - - Updated - - -

And it will still be Battle.net. Nothing is going to change drastically because they are letting another dev put their game on. Hell I imagine Activision may expand it to Call of Duty in the future. End of the day it doesn't affect me because I don't have to buy it. Just as it doesn't affect anyone else.
    Why? Why do you feel the need to make a stupid post. If someone doesn't want it there, the reason why they don't is no concern to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Why? Why do you feel the need to make a stupid post. If someone doesn't want it there, the reason why they don't is no concern to you.
    Feel free to throw me on ignore if you believe my posting is "stupid".

I asked what effect the icon being there presents to someone. So far nobody has given a valid reason other than "clutter" when the App lines them all up neatly.

I'd advise you read my posts later on. I agreed that a hide option would probably happen but it's low priority. But of course you didn't or you wouldn't have picked that quote.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-17 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cacahuete View Post
    Not good for the business
    Do people neglect the fact that the "business" is Activision Blizzard? That Blizzard is currently the biggest of the three parts (Activision, Blizzard, and King)? That Activision does not own Blizzard, nor "makes" them do anything?

Putting Destiny on the launcher is great for Activision Blizzard, it puts more games out there to be seen. People who wouldn't play Destiny may, and people who play Destiny may stumble into other Activision Blizzard games.

In the world of Gaming nowadays you want more exposure, not less.

(and people don't like using steam so much anymore, they've become more the indie platform, have fees for listing, and are quite.... crackable, you can find just about ANY steam game out there cracked.)

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Do people neglect the fact that the "business" is Activision Blizzard? That Blizzard is currently the biggest of the three parts (Activision, Blizzard, and King)? That Activision does not own Blizzard, nor "makes" them do anything?

Putting Destiny on the launcher is great for Activision Blizzard, it puts more games out there to be seen. People who wouldn't play Destiny may, and people who play Destiny may stumble into other Activision Blizzard games.
    Exactly. And it allows Activision two things as I said.

1. A platform for anything they publish.
    2. The opportunity to put their own games on there.

Exactly. And it allows Activision two things as I said.

1. A platform for anything they publish.
    2. The opportunity to put their own games on there.
    I'd honestly play more CoD if it was on there, not a fan of most steam stuff. Maybe not CoD:WWII, but the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I'd honestly play more CoD if it was on there, not a fan of most steam stuff. Maybe not CoD:WWII, but the next one.
    Not a fan of CoD personally. Was just an example. I did like the WW2 games though.

I'll have a look at WW2 and if it's good of course I'll pick it up. If it sucks then I'll probably just wait for Battlefront 2 since this time EA actually put a damn campaign in it.

Not a fan of CoD personally. Was just an example. I did like the WW2 games though.

I'll have a look at WW2 and if it's good of course I'll pick it up. If it sucks then I'll probably just wait for Battlefront 2 since this time EA actually put a damn campaign in it.
    Think WWII comes out in Nov. It was in my steam queue.

Mostly why I'm not a fan of steam is their insane market place rules, I'm locked out of purchases in the marketplace because I haven't bought anything on steam for a year until pubg and that was less than 30 days ago... I have damn steam guard and everything, just let me buy shit, damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Wonder how long until it's renamed the Activision Blizzard app.
    The Activision-Blizzard Battle Net App of Irvine(taking a jab at the Angels).
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    The Activision-Blizzard Battle Net App of Irvine(taking a jab at the Angels).
    Activision Blizzard Battle.net of Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft, Destiny, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch of Irvine....... app.

In all serious though anyone who thinks this somehow means Activision told Blizzard what to do is silly. This is just a way of using an already in place platform to market games without affecting anything on Blizzards end.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    It's going to be great when ads start popping up: "Buy Destiny to unlock exclusive WoW pet or WoW mount" or whatever.
    Because the ads that make you play their other games are totally not at all the same thing right? You're an adult. Don't buy the game if you don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    would love a hide option for non blizzard games
    lol a good idea tbh, I would love that too.
    Hoping they don't make promotions in Destiny related to Blizzard, that would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I honestly wish we were able to remove it from the list.
    Exactly. And SC classic remastered as well, while we are at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Destiny seriously. I wouldn't be surprised to see Call of Duty on there soon.

I don't see it?

And I respect yours. I just think a hide option is pointless. It's a tiny thing anyway and not intrusive.
    Yeah, it's such a tiny, small thing and yet some people are making a mountain out of a mole. There are more important and serious things in life to get upset about then that.

I've never understood why there isn't an option to hide games.

Also you can't move destiny out of the section it's in which is going to bother me, I'd want it right below WoW and Overwatch tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Fuck Destiny seriously. I wouldn't be surprised to see Call of Duty on there soon.
    What an absurd reaction to a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    What an absurd reaction to a video game.
    Eh, some people complain about everything. Honestly, the whole thing is just blown out of proportion and its a great business move from Acti-Blizz.