Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The Cata reveal was one of the best teasers for Warcraft in awhile.(It was my first expansion reveal feeling for me while I was still playing).
    It was datamined before Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    So - I don't think the xpac will be announced at gamescom - It's gonna be 7.3 stuff, no 7.3 cinematic or release date yet, pretty positive xpac will be at blizzcon. No reason to rush it.

I admire some peoples' optimism, that's really great.
    Unfortunately, reveal only at Blizzcon.
    I know some just joined the bandwagon recently but check many previous Gamescom years, except for 1 expansion announcement (Because wod sucked so much), they always talked about patches, many of the people there aren't as hardcore as us checking mmo-champion every 30-60 minutes, they ask questions that are repetitive to us, check out the new patch usually in gaming PCs there and just have fun, have a talk with Game Director (Usually Chilton went there year after year) and that's pretty much it, usually revealing some new info about upcoming small patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I admire some peoples' optimism, that's really great.
    Unfortunately, reveal only at Blizzcon.
    I know some just joined the bandwagon recently but check many previous Gamescom years, except for 1 expansion announcement (Because wod sucked so much), they always talked about patches, many of the people there aren't as hardcore as us checking mmo-champion every 30-60 minutes, they ask questions that are repetitive to us, check out the new patch usually in gaming PCs there and just have fun, have a talk with Game Director (Usually Chilton went there year after year) and that's pretty much it, usually revealing some new info about upcoming small patches.
    They announced Reaper of Souls in 2013. If they keep up the trend we should at the very least see something big on some other game,

It won't be SC2 more than likely and Diablo 3 is out of the question, Hearthstone we just got the new expansion so that is out as well and Overwatch are doing seasonal events instead of expansions, so I don't see that happening either.

What is left? Remasters which are not that hype at all to be considered "the best" gamescom for Blizzard
    and a new IP which could happen, but I would've bet Blizzcon would be better for new IP from Blizzard.
    And finally? New WoW expansion. That wins in my opinion out of all these choices.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    They announced Reaper of Souls in 2013. If they keep up the trend we should at the very least see something big on some other game,

It won't be SC2 more than likely and Diablo 3 is out of the question, Hearthstone we just got the new expansion so that is out as well and Overwatch are doing seasonal events instead of expansions, so I don't see that happening either.

What is left? Remasters which are not that hype at all to be considered "the best" gamescom for Blizzard
    and a new IP which could happen, but I would've bet Blizzcon would be better for new IP from Blizzard.
    And finally? New WoW expansion. That wins in my opinion out of all these choices.
    I am going to guess Warcraft 3 remastered, definitely will get a huge excitement among people and won't overshadow a new expansion reveal at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post

I would say WC3HD would absolutely generate enough hype to be considered above an expansion--and this has become a game of telephone. They said it was their biggest gamescom yet, we really have no idea if that was metaphorical, as in a huge announcement, or if it was literal, as in they got more space and such this year than ever before.

Hearthstone was announced outside of Blizzcon, as were SC2 and Diablo 3.
    There's also Legacy Servers, and there's no reason why it couldn't be SC2 or D3 news.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    So - I don't think the xpac will be announced at gamescom - It's gonna be 7.3 stuff, no 7.3 cinematic or release date yet, pretty positive xpac will be at blizzcon. No reason to rush it.
    Rush it? announcing it at blizzcon will be abnormal, 15 months after release. It is usually less than 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Rush it? announcing it at blizzcon will be abnormal, 15 months after release.
    Maybe they will finally announce it late and have an abnormal release, around 9-10 months of last patch rather than 12-14...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Maybe they will finally announce it late and have an abnormal release, around 9-10 months of last patch rather than 12-14...
    Why? Why would they do that? Especially when they have already announced expansions in the past on GamesCom and it fits perfectly with the current timeline. Blizzcon is not just WoW, so if they pop an expansion earlier in GamesCom for WoW it doesn't mean they will lose money for Blizzcon since all they could do is just pop a quick trailer and say the name of the next expansion and people that watch Blizzcon only for WoW will still buy tickets to watch all the features to be announced there. It's a win-win situation and there's no point to wait for Blizzcon.

7+ Year Old Account
    May be this year they will have a surprised announcement?

But I will just waiting for blizzcon for now so I won't be disappointed so much if nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I'm expecting about 8 months after Antorus before the prepatch. June-July release.
    If it is announced at gamescom? Possible, but most likely August/september release. Announced at blizzcon most likely november release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    They never said that they're going to reveal a new expansion at Blizzcon 2009. People didn't expect to see anything new.

Just look at that reaction of the crowd when Metzen said "the wait is over". It was such an epic moment.

Loved hearing the crowd in the background reacting to each feature

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    There is no reason why the wouldn't announce it during it's normal schedule which is this month, UNLESS they want to reset the cycle back into the swing of things, making it every 2 blizzcons for each expansion announcement.

Legion's announcement screwed up the cycle.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they say they want to release expansions faster around the time Cataclysm - MoP got released? This is definitely not releasing expansions faster if they announce it at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    It was datamined before Blizzcon.
    Yes, but the announcement itself was by far the most epic. The build up and then name reveal by Metzen did it for me, man. No ducking out for a trailer that starts out obscure. Legion took it a step further with the additional cinematic hinting only that we'd probably get Demon Hunters. Effing stupid.

World of Warcraft... CATACLYSM!!! *Music blares, trailer starts*

I also love how worked up and upset some people are getting over no release schedule or no announcement of their being an announcement yet.
    I think they told us a week in advance that gamescom would have the expansion reveal more so just because WOD was dogshit and blizzard and all players were desperate for something new, and that it was fairly unprecedented to not announce the xpac at Blizzcon so I guess they were letting everyone know, but at this point in time I think they can generate enough warcraft hype on their own. Not saying they won't tell us but just that it's possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I don't mean doing a Cataclysm to it; I mean a new tunnel in, say, Dragonblight, that takes us to an underground 'continent' for exploring.
    I like that idea. Say we stumble upon a very small zone sized continent at the north pole and directly at the magnetic north, we find the entrance to inner Azeroth. There could be a whole new world inside azeroth but part of azeroth. Like the crust is the center of gravity and the inside has its own sun, kinda like the hollow earth theory.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    Loved hearing the crowd in the background reacting to each feature
    My favorite expansion reveal. It's even better than Legion's.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Bruh the cataclysm cheering and reaction is great.

Yeah I loved pretty much everything about the legion reveal besides the crowd not quite living up to the hype standards, but there are multiple reasons why

Apparently Blizz had updated their Beta build config - first time since November 2016.